RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-15, 12:21 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by bdspilot
I got the luxury package
But you have to add on the Preferred Accessory Package to get additional stuff like the net, cargo liner, and wheel locks, or have a really nice salesman who might give you a net for free.
Old 12-06-15, 12:46 PM
SoKali-RX
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
But you have to add on the Preferred Accessory Package to get additional stuff like the net, cargo liner, and wheel locks, or have a really nice salesman who might give you a net for free.
The early builds did not come with the preferred accessory package. I guess that's the downside of getting something that just got released. My dealership did not even know that the car was coming with the Preferred Accesory Package until the car got there, but by then the car was already sold to me with the price worked out without the package. I basically got the package for free 😎.
Old 12-07-15, 07:26 AM
ramcanall
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Same here

Originally Posted by hkbruin2
We've been driving around the new RX over the weekend since purchasing last Wesnesday and we noticed a fizzing/hissing sound coming from the engine bay while the climate control is on. Particularly when it is set to auto whether AC is on or not. I thought it was the AC compressor but I'm not sure if it is because it is constant and quite noticeable while idling at a traffic light and it also elicited a comment from my wife. If I turn off the climate control/fan off entirely the sound goes away shortly after. Does anyone else experience this? I have an FSport 350 and was wondering if this was by design or if it's an issue. Any feedback would be appreciated.
My wife's 350 has the same annoying noise. She has just over 1,000 miles on it and we live 3 hours from the dealership. We're contemplating on whether or not to get the dealer to come pick it up and fix it or just wait for the 5,000mi service. Let me know if you find a fix
Old 12-07-15, 09:30 AM
joe311
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes the gargling is a more accurate description. Have you noticed if there is any fluid leaking below the car? I didn't see anything to indicate a leak.
I found out what this noise is coming from. It's the ac freon circulation. When you turn off the ac, you can hear it slowly dissipate. When turn the ac back on, it comes back.
Old 12-07-15, 10:18 AM
skiracer
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

Here's something funny, my Active Cruise control shut off when i was in heavy traffic and a motorcycle blew past me lane splitting.... LOL I think i got some sort of error message saying something like "car in front is no longer there" or something like that....
Old 12-07-15, 03:39 PM
hkbruin2
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joe311
I found out what this noise is coming from. It's the ac freon circulation. When you turn off the ac, you can hear it slowly dissipate. When turn the ac back on, it comes back.
I suspected that as well. is that normal then? As long as it's not going to explode under the hood I guess we can live with it..
Old 12-07-15, 03:52 PM
joe311
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I suspected that as well. is that normal then? As long as it's not going to explode under the hood I guess we can live with it..
I'm not sure if it is normal or not. I'm wondering if anyone else is having this sound or not. It's not overly annoying but there shouldn't be any noise like this inside the cabin. You can only hear it when the music is low and at a stop light.
Old 12-07-15, 08:09 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by joe311
I'm not sure if it is normal or not. I'm wondering if anyone else is having this sound or not. It's not overly annoying but there shouldn't be any noise like this inside the cabin. You can only hear it when the music is low and at a stop light.
I heard it today too when I was stopped. It definitely is annoying and I will probably bring it up at the first service. It also have a door trim (leather part) corner that isn't clicking/connecting correctly.
Old 12-08-15, 07:27 AM
ehc0720
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by winsalem
Discovered another brilliant feature which blows my mind:

"Front door opening linked windshield wiper stop function"
(vehicles with rain-sensing windshield wipers)

When “AUTO” is selected and the windshield wipers are operating, if a front door is opened, the operation of the windshield wipers will be stopped to prevent anyone near the vehicle from being sprayed by water from the wipers, provided the vehicle is stopped with the parking brake applied or the shift lever in P. When the front door is closed, wiper operation will resume.
My 2015 RX350 F-Sport has this, first time I got out of the car in the rain to put gas in it I thought the wipers broke, lol.
Old 12-08-15, 08:42 AM
macdee
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

BTW, I'm not sure if that was mentioned on this forum before, but 4RX's back door windows can now be lowered down completely to the very bottom of the window frame. A huge thing for whoever is trapped on backseats, I guess I know my kids will love that.
Old 12-08-15, 11:33 AM
oliver9
Driver School Candidate

Default 16 RX Registering SmartAccess key to Seat Memory

After watching many youtube videos on how to Register Smart Access key to the pre-set Seat memory on Lexus, I found out that 16 RX method is different.

So here it is, hopefully it can help fellow members:
Get into your RX with the smartaccess key that you want to register and close the doors. Then you need to Press the Seat Memory button ("1","2" or "3") and the door lock switch (lock or unlock) till you hear the buzzer. My mistake was that I pressed the Seat Memory Button and the SmartAccess button as shown at almost all that youtube videos for other lexus models.

[Edit 12/9] apparently this is the same procedure as the 3RX as rayaans pointed out.

Last edited by oliver9; 12-09-15 at 08:49 AM. Reason: corrected by rayaans
The following users liked this post:
NRJ (02-23-24)
Old 12-09-15, 08:29 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by oliver9
After watching many youtube videos on how to Register Smart Access key to the pre-set Seat memory on Lexus, I found out that 16 RX method is different.

So here it is, hopefully it can help fellow members:
Get into your RX with the smartaccess key that you want to register and close the doors. Then you need to Press the Seat Memory button ("1","2" or "3") and the door lock switch (lock or unlock) till you hear the buzzer. My mistake was that I pressed the Seat Memory Button and the SmartAccess button as shown at almost all that youtube videos for other lexus models.
Thats EXACTLY the same as with the 3RX
Old 12-09-15, 08:48 AM
oliver9
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rayaans
Thats EXACTLY the same as with the 3RX
Ohhh I was watching this youtube video
I guess I should've looked for an 3RX youtube videos
Old 12-11-15, 02:38 PM
bdspilot
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ericsan13
Have you tried to turn the volume up on your phone while it is connected via bluetooth to the car?
This worked, but I think it kinda odd. On my other car BMW the BT input is constant no matter what volume you have selected on phone. I wonder if there is a way to change this.
Old 12-11-15, 05:33 PM
RON7
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry CHANGE # OF BLINKS FOR TURN SIGNALTried

tried to change the number of blinks from 3 to 5 as posted by "DECHAR"
but not having much luck after many tries. Went to the original GS post
and followed directions but still no luck. Maybe these instructions do not
apply to the 4 RX. Has anyone else had any luck.

Quick Reply: 4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)