RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-16, 03:22 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Comfort
West Coast gets a lot of Lexus vehicles from Japan.
Washington here. 100% of the 4RX 450h I looked at were built in Canada. 3RX 450h was built exclusively in Japan.
Old 06-15-16, 09:02 PM
Timobi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VinceCL
License plate or the frame loose?
Yes...that helped a little. I took off the frame etc...and directly put the plate on. It got a little better. But I think its the back panel of the rear hatch. Its just loose and any bump or road issue makes it rattle. ITs bad. When I take my RX in for the oil change soon I will have them look at it.
Old 06-22-16, 06:49 PM
Jetstar
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Seat cushion extender was a waste.

Another feature not worth whatever I paid for it. Have you seen it? It's a joke. The front bottom seat cushion extender is nothing more than an inflatable cushion at the front of the bottom cushion. It barely moves and does nothing for comfort. Now I consider it an irritant just knowing I have it.
Old 06-23-16, 07:15 PM
Onion
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetstar
Another feature not worth whatever I paid for it. Have you seen it? It's a joke. The front bottom seat cushion extender is nothing more than an inflatable cushion at the front of the bottom cushion. It barely moves and does nothing for comfort. Now I consider it an irritant just knowing I have it.
F sport don't even have it
Old 06-29-16, 01:06 PM
destro888
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but I was looking for a place to store my pen. Guess what I found on the bottom side of the center compartment cover?! Yes, a pen holder! haha. Love finding new things.
Old 07-02-16, 03:06 PM
s4iscool
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Is the delayed wiper sweep no longer there when using the mist/washer fluid? If so, I'll miss that last sweep to clean up the missed fluid.
Old 07-02-16, 03:08 PM
s4iscool
Pit Crew

Anyone else find the carpet/fabric used in the hatch to be super low quality? Looks and feels like whats in our 3RX which Ive always found to be a short cut by toyota...look at BMW and Audi for impeccable high quality fabrics in the trunks too.
Old 07-05-16, 01:30 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by s4iscool
Anyone else find the carpet/fabric used in the hatch to be super low quality? Looks and feels like whats in our 3RX which Ive always found to be a short cut by toyota...look at BMW and Audi for impeccable high quality fabrics in the trunks too.
This is a good tradeoff by Lexus. I would rather have cheap carpet knowing that it will be covered by all-weather floor and trunk liners. Why spend money on something I won't use?
Old 07-05-16, 03:07 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 507 Likes on 363 Posts

All Canadian models come with trunk mat which covers the fabric that is fused to the floor trays.

The sides do feel a bit cheap, but that's not an area that the customer interacts with regularly.

RX2 had really high quality trunk carpets and storage departments.
Old 07-05-16, 08:30 PM
s4iscool
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ericsan13
This is a good tradeoff by Lexus. I would rather have cheap carpet knowing that it will be covered by all-weather floor and trunk liners. Why spend money on something I won't use?
Should have been more specific, im only referring to the carpet thats used on the inside of the liftgate itself....where the close button is. I know, small area thats rarely touched, but it looks like cheap furry carpet.
Old 07-12-16, 08:56 PM
roblim
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Should have been more specific, im only referring to the carpet thats used on the inside of the liftgate itself....where the close button is. I know, small area thats rarely touched, but it looks like cheap furry carpet.
Yes, I noticed that when i was replacing my reverse bulbs. It is very pilly. If that is a word.
Old 07-15-16, 07:10 PM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually the nicest carpeted mats were on the original RX. My third generation ones had to be replaced a couple of times! I think all that commotion about the mats jamming into the brakes and accelerator were the reason for the thinner carpets.
Old 07-20-16, 01:00 PM
Zift01
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RON7
tried to change the number of blinks from 3 to 5 as posted by "DECHAR"
but not having much luck after many tries. Went to the original GS post
and followed directions but still no luck. Maybe these instructions do not
apply to the 4 RX. Has anyone else had any luck.
Number of blinks can be 3 (default) 5 or 7. But I think it has to be set by. PC. Your dealer should be able to set it in no time.
And if they try to charge this to me I will change dealer. Having fleet of Toyota cars, I think they will not lijevthat ;-)
Old 07-20-16, 01:11 PM
Zift01
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RXOwner
Ok, not a new feature and I am separated from my manual, but what is the button with the arrow pointing up between the drink holders on the front console do. I have pushed it and tried to even lift and nothing happens.
The first cup holder can be pushed down for taller jars. Button will brng it back up.
By the way in arm wrest there is place for manuals below the insert. Just do not forget to take out USB's before you take insert out.
Old 07-20-16, 01:46 PM
Zift01
Driver School Candidate

Second that, can not get used to reverse parking in garage after driving 2 Toyoty Land Cruisers and was backing to the same wals and wife'scar...
The following users liked this post:
RXBurbmom (02-13-17)

Quick Reply: 4RX Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)