RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

RX 350 Costco Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-15, 02:42 AM
Pfizer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RogueRX
My wife and I finally got our pre-ordered F-Sport this afternoon from the dealership. We also availed of the Costco pricing and got a significant discount.

MSRP: $59975.00
Costco Pricing: $57208.00

Discount: $ 2767.00

Congrats buddy enjoy ur ride, I'm waiting mine similarly equipped missing only HUD and panoramic view monitor, I'm wondering if u negotiated price at the moment u preordered or u asked them to lower once dealership received vehicle? I put a deposit that is refundable and dealer told me at the moment I preordered mine that they will give $850 discount, thanks in advance
Old 11-23-15, 09:23 PM
quack724
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the market for a 2016 Lexus RX 450h F Sport . My timeline, however, is more like 3 months+ from now. Unless of course I get a crazy deal now. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area...more specifically, the east bay.

I tried Costco pricing today just to see what the pricing is today. An East Bay dealership responded that they "usually don't discount the 2016 RX450h. But we would love to earn your business, $1,000 Off MSRP."

But Costco auto has the 2016 450h F sport as an option. It is true that 450h F sport is harder to get a discount on due to the new release , more limited volume , or just in general ?

$1K off for 450h F sport is better than the first east bay dealership I went to about 2 weeks ago where the best I could get was MSRP only.

Last edited by quack724; 11-23-15 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11-23-15, 11:47 PM
STRAN
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hope I can help with a different perspective. This is only MY perspective from the other side of the table:

I work at a volume dealership here in Northern California. Our managers tend to get aggressive on deals, but the 2016 RX is not a car they will discount heavily. Maybe when more cars stack up, they might begin to discount more, but this hasnt been the case. I take care of the Costco accounts and there isn't a $1000 below invoice deal on the 16's, at least not at our dealership. To OP. if you're getting 1k below invoice, take advantage and move on. No need to share it on Clublexus and give false hope to MANY people here on the forums. If you walk in to a dealership aiming for 1k below invoice, your sales representative will kindly blow you out 9 out of 10 times. It is a new car right now and only time will help the discount.

For anyone who wants it, it is a great car and is worth the $$$. If you're looking for a better discount, wait until dealerships pile up with them. It is a VOLUME car for Lexus. Wait it out.
Old 11-23-15, 11:50 PM
STRAN
Driver

Originally Posted by RogueRX
My wife and I finally got our pre-ordered F-Sport this afternoon from the dealership. We also availed of the Costco pricing and got a significant discount.

MSRP: $59975.00
Costco Pricing: $57208.00

Discount: $ 2767.00

Congratulations on your new RX! It is a beauty! You did a good job with your discount!
Old 11-24-15, 12:59 AM
kenji4861
Rookie

Originally Posted by STRAN
Hope I can help with a different perspective. This is only MY perspective from the other side of the table:

I work at a volume dealership here in Northern California. Our managers tend to get aggressive on deals, but the 2016 RX is not a car they will discount heavily. Maybe when more cars stack up, they might begin to discount more, but this hasnt been the case. I take care of the Costco accounts and there isn't a $1000 below invoice deal on the 16's, at least not at our dealership. To OP. if you're getting 1k below invoice, take advantage and move on. No need to share it on Clublexus and give false hope to MANY people here on the forums. If you walk in to a dealership aiming for 1k below invoice, your sales representative will kindly blow you out 9 out of 10 times. It is a new car right now and only time will help the discount.

For anyone who wants it, it is a great car and is worth the $$$. If you're looking for a better discount, wait until dealerships pile up with them. It is a VOLUME car for Lexus. Wait it out.
Don't want to believe it, but this is probably reality.

Can you provide us with what sort of numbers people are getting?

At the same time, if the OP is able to give us the dealership that can do $1000 below invoice, it may be worth buying from there and having it delivered.
Old 11-24-15, 01:32 AM
STRAN
Driver

If OP's intention was to help out Clublexus, I do not see why sharing the information is such a big deal. Give buyers the information of the dealership and contact information to the Costco rep so that people can get the RX they want.

I've sold two so far. One was a deposit for full sticker (RX F-Sport). Another was $1000 off MSRP (RX450H in inventory). My managers were more than willing to let my guest walk if he wanted anything more.

--End of the month is always a great time to buy!
Old 11-24-15, 07:12 AM
HTOWNE
Rookie

Originally Posted by kenji4861
Don't want to believe it, but this is probably reality.

Can you provide us with what sort of numbers people are getting?

At the same time, if the OP is able to give us the dealership that can do $1000 below invoice, it may be worth buying from there and having it delivered.
He refused to provide the dealership information. He also never stated if he purchased one. I think it was either misunderstood or bad information. I thought he was talking about the 2015, but he said he was not. I have talked to Costco and even had them search different regions. The offer he mentioned does not exist.
Old 11-24-15, 07:19 AM
HTOWNE
Rookie

If OP's intention was to help out Clublexus, I do not see why sharing the information is such a big deal. Give buyers the information of the dealership and contact information to the Costco rep so that people can get the RX they want.

I've sold two so far. One was a deposit for full sticker (RX F-Sport). Another was $1000 off MSRP (RX450H in inventory). My managers were more than willing to let my guest walk if he wanted anything more.

Thank you for providing honest information. That is what we are looking for. I got attacked for questioning the guy about the $1000 under invoice from Costco. I knew it was not true and all it did was give people misguided information. I think there will always be those that have to make their discount higher than it actually was.
Old 11-24-15, 01:27 PM
NickL
Instructor

Received 171 Likes on 120 Posts

I asked my dealer about this Costco discount and I didn't get a straight answer. But he did say they are negotiating on the 2016 model.
The one that I was asking is the f-sport option(not sure the exact package included) but the MSRP is 56,516. Without going in and just talking on the phone. He called back and said the manager will do it for 54,000 and there's some more wiggle room if I want to schedule a test drive. I did scheduled the test drive for last Saturday but ended up cancelling it because I want to wait for the hype to die down a bit and get a little more discount.
I'm also not sure if I want to trade in my 2011 GS350AWD for the 2016 GS-Fsport. Or keep the 2011 GS and get the RX for the wife.
The bottom line, there's definitely negotiation going on with the newly released 2016. Especially with the December to Remember event going on. We may stop by the dealer late December and see what's available and what kind of deals there are.
Old 11-24-15, 03:16 PM
bwsteg
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

In your opinion, if I wait until Spring 2016 - how low in price do you think I can get for the $59,xxx MSRP optioned rx 350 f sport?

Ideally, I'd like to pay $55k. Do you know what invoice pricing is for the fully loaded spec f sport ($59,xxx that is shown on this thread)?
Old 11-25-15, 08:06 AM
twong82
Driver

Originally Posted by bwsteg
In your opinion, if I wait until Spring 2016 - how low in price do you think I can get for the $59,xxx MSRP optioned rx 350 f sport?

Ideally, I'd like to pay $55k. Do you know what invoice pricing is for the fully loaded spec f sport ($59,xxx that is shown on this thread)?

Invoice for a fully loaded fsport with msrp of $60,355 is $56,370
Old 11-26-15, 11:44 AM
jwrichter
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default costco

[SIZE="5"][/SIZE

I will repeat this one last time. I have e-mails from a dealer in SW Florida that have quoted me 1k off of their dealership invoice for a 2016 Rx-350. I have not proceeded with the deal as I have decided to wait until next fall. I do not know if all the dealerships work the same regarding Costco but that was his offer to me. In addition there is 15% discount for accessories up to 2k. When I asked for a ball park bottom line price for a 49k RX-350 he said the cost would be around the $4650 range and then take an additional 1k off of that.
Once again, not discount off of MRSP and this is not for a 2015 model.
Old 11-26-15, 02:23 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jwrichter
[SIZE="5"][/SIZE

I will repeat this one last time. I have e-mails from a dealer in SW Florida that have quoted me 1k off of their dealership invoice for a 2016 Rx-350. I have not proceeded with the deal as I have decided to wait until next fall. I do not know if all the dealerships work the same regarding Costco but that was his offer to me. In addition there is 15% discount for accessories up to 2k. When I asked for a ball park bottom line price for a 49k RX-350 he said the cost would be around the $4650 range and then take an additional 1k off of that.
Ok, sure. Happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-26-15, 07:39 PM
sderman
Advanced

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by jwrichter
[SIZE="5"][/SIZE

I am not sure why folks are skeptical about these prices. It is not unreasonable that (some) Florida dealers may have a harder time selling SUVs (especially AWD models) in their part of the country. Call it a geographical dis-equilibrium in the marketplace.
Old 11-27-15, 03:01 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by sderman
I am not sure why folks are skeptical about these prices. It is not unreasonable that (some) Florida dealers may have a harder time selling SUVs (especially AWD models) in their part of the country. Call it a geographical dis-equilibrium in the marketplace.
Because the RX sells well everywhere in the country. You don't have to live in poor weather areas to have a massive market for crossover SUVs like the RX. Here in SoCal, one of the most competitive market for dealers and a major market for the RX, none of the dealers are offering more than ~$1500 off of MSRP. All dealers know the popularity of this car, therefore it doesn't make sense for them to "lose money" on selling them.

Quick Reply: RX 350 Costco Pricing