RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

RX 350 Costco Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-15, 04:20 AM
hkbruin2
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jwrichter is correct. I am in Laguna Niguel, Ca and a colleague of mine told me about Costco and AAA pricing. I went in and asked the local dealer if they had any incentives but they said no. however, the dealer in Carlsbad, CA from whom my coworker purchased her NX did. I asked the finance manager if they had Costco pricing and he told me it was $1500 above invoice.

Today, while killing some time, I went to the Costco website to find the closest dealer to me that offered the Costco discount based on my 92677 zip. The 2016 model was available to build via the website and once I entered in all of my membership info and submitted the online form, the dealer locator came back with the Carlsbad location! Now with my authorization number and form from LexusCarlsbad, I will be making the 30 mile drive with my wife in tow to pick out her RX. Gosh I wish it was going to be mine, but I suppose I will be driving it on the weekends

So in conclusion, the takeaway is that not all dealerships participate in the Costco pricing, as the Mission Viejo, Newport Beach , Tustin, and Cerritos dealerships closer to my zip code did not come up as a locator result. I will try to see if I can get the $1k below invoice that jwrichter was quoted, but it might be different based on the state? There is a Costco price sheet that they go by, and it's a no haggle no hassle set price. Although I'm new to the board, I did want to back jwrichter's claims, he is trying to help us all out by informing us of the possible ways to get this awesome SUV and save us a couple $k's. I was going to post about the Costco auto program as well, but he beat me to it!

HTOWNE, are you not a Costco member? If you are, I suggest building out the car via their website and enter in the required information, and then you will receive an email from Costco and the participating Lexus dealer with an authorization number and the specific people to speak to at the dealership. It couldn't get any easier and will eliminate any confusion regarding other stealerships denying such an incentive exists.

Last edited by hkbruin2; 11-15-15 at 04:37 AM. Reason: Added comments
Old 11-15-15, 04:38 AM
jwrichter
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hkbruin2
Jwrichter is correct. I am in Laguna Niguel, Ca and a colleague of mine told me about Costco and AAA pricing. I went in and asked the local dealer if they had any incentives but they said no. however, the dealer in Carlsbad, CA from whom my coworker purchased her NX did. I asked the finance manager if they had Costco pricing and he told me it was $1500 above invoice.

Today, while killing some time, I went to the Costco website to find the closest dealer to me that offered the Costco discount based on my 92677 zip. The 2016 model was available to build via the website and once I entered in all of my membership info and submitted the online form, the dealer locator came back with the Carlsbad location! Now with my authorization number and form from LexusCarlsbad, I will be making the 30 mile drive with my wife in tow to pick out her RX. Gosh I wish it was going to be mine, but I suppose I will be driving it on the weekends

So in conclusion, the takeaway is that not all dealerships participate in the Costco pricing, as the Mission Viejo, Newport Beach , Tustin, and Cerritos dealerships closer to my zip code did not come up as a locator result. I will try to see if I can get the $1k below invoice that jwrichter was quoted, but it might be different based on the state? There is a Costco price sheet that they go by, and it's a no haggle no hassle set price. Although I'm new to the board, I did want to back jwrichter's claims, he is trying to help us all out by informing us of the possible ways to get this awesome SUV and save us a couple $k's. I was going to post about the Costco auto program as well, but he beat me to it!

Finally someone shows up that actually got off their **** and checked it out on their own. I don't know if ALL dealers have the same discount...........and I don't really care. I stated to contact Costco on the phone directly and see if they can save you some $. As to the clown who wants me to post this quote it is in an email form. You should go pay MSRP as you deserve it.
Old 11-15-15, 04:47 AM
jwrichter
Rookie

Default Quote

Here you go:

Sent: Sunday, November 8, 2015 11:19 AM
Subject: Re:XX Lexus Emailing to Much?

Jim,
As a Costco member you pay $1000.00 under our invoice, not MSRP. When you come in and pick out a car, we will give you our invoice. When do you think you can come in?
Dave

After all the BS I got on this you can fiqure out who the dealership is on your own.
Old 11-15-15, 07:20 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Wow...that surprises me but I would jump on it!

You certainly don't have to pay MSRP for this car, I had several dealers call me and email me after I used TrueCar in the other thread, all eager to sell me a 2016 for 5% off MSRP.

I am a Costco member but have never used their carbuying program.
Old 11-15-15, 12:37 PM
jwrichter
Rookie

Originally Posted by HTOWNE
Eminent White Pearl is a great color and so is Nebula. That is the going price for a 2015 not 2016. I didn't see a year here so I am assuming Dave is talking about 2015. I look forward to seeing what you have to say after you come from the dealership. You don't have to tell me that I told you so.

You are a real piece of work. Here's a response from yesterday just for you.

-
To: jim xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2015 3:40 PM
Subject: Re: 2016 RX350

Correct with15% off dealer installed options

On Sat, Nov 14, 2015 at 12:17 PM, jim > wrote:

Thanks again David. Just so I completely understand this Costco deal, it is 1k off of invoice on the 2016 RX350 right? And can you tell me again how the accessory discount applies? Is it 20 % off up to 2k for dealer installed accessory's?

Thanks, Jim xxxxxxxx
Old 11-15-15, 01:04 PM
HTOWNE
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jwrichter
You are a real piece of work. Here's a response from yesterday just for you.

-
To: jim xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2015 3:40 PM
Subject: Re: 2016 RX350

Correct with15% off dealer installed options

On Sat, Nov 14, 2015 at 12:17 PM, jim > wrote:

Thanks again David. Just so I completely understand this Costco deal, it is 1k off of invoice on the 2016 RX350 right? And can you tell me again how the accessory discount applies? Is it 20 % off up to 2k for dealer installed accessory's?

Thanks, Jim xxxxxxxx

I think the colors are great and not lousy.

AGAIN, cant wait to hear what you have to say after you go to the dealer. Don't be too upset when you find out the truth. It is really sad how gullible some people are. You cannot believe everything you hear. If it is too good to be true, then almost always it is. This is how they take advantage of people. They draw you in and then do a bait and switch or say they made a mistake. There are a lot of dishonest people out there.

Check out Edmunds price guarantee right now is maxed at $500.00 off with select dealerships, Truecar is not close to what you are stating, and when you do a random check with Costco online with dealers from the East, West, North, and South, there is not ONE that states anything close to what this email is stating.

I also understand that this email could have been edited as the first time it was posted the year was XX and then all of a sudden it is 2016.

I have talked to Costco and they could not confirm any dealer in Florida or anywhere else with the offer you are stating. However, they could on a 2015. I will be contacting some dealers in Florida tomorrow that are part of the Costco program tomorrow to let them know what is being stated on this forum and if they are going to back it up.

If you are just being taken that is one thing. You continue to try to defend something that just does not make sense. You should be intelligent enough to be a little hesitant when you see everyone else stating something different and you know it is a brand new redesigned launch. The NX did not come close to doing this. Why would you think they would on a more popular vehicle? I will find out the truth. It doesn't seem like you really want to.
Old 11-15-15, 01:16 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Default RX 350 has lousy colors

I don't know what more the guy can do to appease you lol. If you think he will be surprised when he gets to the dealership you can just say that, you don't have to be so rude.

You can't blame the guy for believing what the dealer has told him in writing in an email. Why would he edit it? People have more important things to do than do crap like that to post on an Internet forum.

IMHO you are out of line here
Old 11-15-15, 01:55 PM
HTOWNE
Rookie

Originally Posted by SW15LS
I don't know what more the guy can do to appease you lol. If you think he will be surprised when he gets to the dealership you can just say that, you don't have to be so rude.

You can't blame the guy for believing what the dealer has told him in writing in an email. Why would he edit it? People have more important things to do than do crap like that to post on an Internet forum.

Freedom of speech is out of line? What country are you from? How am I being rude. I am providing factual information.

The information he is stating is misleading others and giving them expectations that don't exist.

If anything, I am trying to open his mind up to consider that he might be getting bad information. He has to drive 4 hours to this dealership.

You should know better and wont even back up that it is probably wrong. You say that you have been researching this stuff for 18 years. Most people just don't care. There are also trolls out there and people that post bad information. It doesn't make sense and for someone like you that has the time to post thousands of posts, you won't even acknowledge that based on the past 18 years, it does not make sense.

I am able to multitask. I can mow my lawn, rake leaves, do laundry, vacuum, dust, wash my car, catch Red Zone, and still post a comment and research the price for a 2016 Lexus RX350 from Edmunds, Truecar, Costco, etc. I also still plan on going to my office tonight as I work 7 days a week, 10-12 hours per day. My husband gets the pleasure of just watching Red Zone!

In my life time, I will never take the time to post 10,000 comments, let alone in 3 years. So you make the comment to me that people have more important things to do, but I guess you are not one of them based on almost 11,000 posts in 3 years. You feel the need to constantly respond to my posts.

By the way, I LOVE my fully loaded Nebula Gray 2016 Lexus RX350! Definitely not a lousy color.

Last edited by HTOWNE; 11-15-15 at 02:08 PM.
Old 11-15-15, 02:06 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

In old courtroom dramas, it might be considered badgering the witness.
Old 11-15-15, 02:57 PM
HTOWNE
Rookie

Originally Posted by LexBob2
In old courtroom dramas, it might be considered badgering the witness.
I want the truth!

You can't handle the truth!

P.S. Not directed at anyone specifically. Just some courtroom drama famous words.

Last edited by HTOWNE; 11-15-15 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11-15-15, 03:10 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by HTOWNE
Freedom of speech is out of line? What country are you from? How am I being rude. I am providing factual information.

The information he is stating is misleading others and giving them expectations that don't exist.
The issue isn't the information you are providing, if you recall I provided factual information about Lexus' dealer holdback and how because of that I too found $1,000 under invoice unlikely. The issue is your tone, and your continued insistence to make your response to what he's said personal, insinuate that he's a troll. Look at your response towards me, trying to disparage me because of the number of posts I have? You may not realize it but you don't change anybody's mind behaving like that.

He might be getting bad information, but how are any of us supposed to figure that out until he goes in there and sees what happens? Whats he to do? Go buy it from somebody else and pay more because the Costco deal seems too good to be true? Costco is pretty reputable.

You have provided no factual information to refute what he's saying. He's provided emails between him and the dealer. If you really want to prove him wrong, why don't you spend your time calling Costco and dealers and post the results instead of just calling people names?

THAT would provide something of value to everybody instead of just boosting your own ego which is all you're doing here.

You should know better and wont even back up that it is probably wrong.
I won't? Read below from this very thread:

$1k below invoice without some factory to dealer rebate (which there are none), the dealer would be loosing a little bit of money. Lexus' holdback is 2% of the base MSRP, which for an AWD RX is $43,300, so holdback is $866. A zero deal would be $866 below invoice.

I'd be really surprised if Lexus would do the deal $1k below invoice even through Costco now, since they have to pay Costco too...so I'd have to see that to believe it.
He provided proof, so what do I have to say he's wrong? If you're that concerned about people "providing false or misleading info" as you claim to be, then prove him wrong.

If you think my 11k posts is a lot of posts...you need to look around. I'm not even in the top 35 posters on this site. How do you think this forum got to be the great source of info it is and that you claim to try and protect? Because of those of us who spend our time and share our considerable knowledge of this brand with everybody else. FYI...the top poster on this site has over 80,000 posts.

Last edited by SW17LS; 11-15-15 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-15-15, 03:35 PM
HTOWNE
Rookie

The issue isn't the information you are providing, if you recall I provided factual information about Lexus' dealer holdback and how because of that I too found $1,000 under invoice unlikely. The issue is your tone, and your continued insistence to make your response to what he's said personal, insinuate that he's a troll. Look at your response towards me, trying to disparage me because of the number of posts I have? You may not realize it but you don't change anybody's mind behaving like that.

He might be getting bad information, but how are any of us supposed to figure that out until he goes in there and sees what happens? Whats he to do? Go buy it from somebody else and pay more because the Costco deal seems too good to be true? Costco is pretty reputable.

You have provided no factual information to refute what he's saying. He's provided emails between him and the dealer. If you really want to prove him wrong, why don't you spend your time calling Costco and dealers and post the results instead of just calling people names?

THAT would provide something of value to everybody instead of just boosting your own ego which is all you're doing here.

I won't? Read below from this very thread:

He provided proof, so what do I have to say he's wrong? If you're that concerned about people "providing false or misleading info" as you claim to be, then prove him wrong.

If you think my 11k posts is a lot of posts...you need to look around. I'm not even in the top 35 posters on this site. How do you think this forum got to be the great source of info it is and that you claim to try and protect? Because of those of us who spend our time and share our considerable knowledge of this brand with everybody else. FYI...the top poster on this site has over 80,000 posts.

You do not know my tone and you do not have the right to tell me how to think or speak, let alone what to do.

Also, I never called anyone specifically a troll and I did not disparage you.

I absolutely provided factual information. Who are you to tell me otherwise. He did not provide email(s) plural. He provided 1 email and then showed it in a different context. The first one did not show 2016. Who are you to say that it was legitimate? What is factual is going on Edmunds and searching multiple zip codes and getting their price guarantee. What is factual is going on Truecar and entering multiple zip codes and seeing their pricing (not guaranteed). What is factual is going on Costo and entering multiple zip codes and seeing what dealers are part of the program and getting their pricing. I have done all 3 and anyone can do that. All of that information refutes what he is saying. Several members that have made purchases have also contradicted the information.

I have the absolute right to speak my mind and will. For you to say it has anything to do with ego is ridiculous. Is it because I am a woman? It sounds like it is. There is no ego in just trying to get the truth and being able to eliminate false and bad information. That is the difference between wrong and right. It has nothing to do with ego.

Last edited by HTOWNE; 11-15-15 at 03:43 PM.
Old 11-15-15, 04:00 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Default RX 350 has lousy colors

LOL, you're a trip.

I'm out!
Old 11-16-15, 07:32 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

I've split this thread into it's own since the OP mingled two topics. Costco pricing here, color in the other thread.

There are a lot of inappropriate personal comments in this thread, I'll ask that cease immediately.

If you can't post without being rude to your fellow members, DO NOT POST.
Old 11-16-15, 03:12 PM
barbking
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,

I don't believe anyone is going to get $1K under invoice for a 2016 RX. This person if he really received a letter is being taken for a ride by the dealer, because when he gets there he will get a fudged up invoice and there will be plenty of gotchas. Trust me, dealers aren't going to sell for a loss and not for a in demand 2016 RX.

I know for a fact dealers show fake invoice, when I purchased my 2016 GX recently, they did not share the invoice initially. But since I had my numbers off of KBB and Edmunds, I was firm that I pay no more than $300 off that number, in the end I even got them to reduce their processing fee down to $99 from the $599 they charge everyone. But coming back to his invoice, during the negotiation, since I wasn't backing off he came back with his invoice and showed me, and guess what it was higher than the KBB and Edmunds invoice by several hundred dollars and below the price I was offering. Technically making it look like they are selling under the invoice. Then he said this is why his manager cannot agree. I just calmly looked and said I cannot offer anything more and if there is nothing he can do then I am willing to leave and purchase from a dealer across state line just a few miles away where they will give me a better deal. At that point, he went back and talked to his manager and agreed on the pricing on my terms.

So, the bottomline, they fudge numbers, make sure the invoice is what you look up from KBB and Edmunds and not some cooked up invoice he has. This sort of thing is not illegal BTW, because he would have some story to back it up why his number is different. So, just ignore this numbers and simply use your numbers to negotiate.

We would have to wait and see if OP is getting $1K below KBB invoice or not, and we also have to see what else dealer will add to jack up profits. The number to work with is final price before TTL. The final number I gave to dealer before the govt money kicked in was $170 over KBB invoice. This is for a GX anyway, and for an RX this would be different since they are in higher demand.

Last edited by barbking; 11-16-15 at 03:48 PM.

Quick Reply: RX 350 Costco Pricing