RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

RX 350 Costco Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-15, 05:46 PM
HTOWNE
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Seriously HTOWNE, give it a rest. Nobody owes you anything. If all you do is berate people for talking about their deals people are just going to stop doing that, which won't benefit anybody.
SERIOUSLY! You only continue to berate me about my comments. There are others stating the same thing and yet you say nothing.

I didn't say anyone owes me anything. The only 2 people that are stating they got these Costco incredible deals refuse to state the dealership. Then why bother give the prices that even a Lexus salesman said were not possible. You didn't say a word to him. Another person stated that they were full of bull and you did not say a word.

I called Costo. The prices they are stating don't fall in line with what Costco says. So I guess Costco is giving me bad information because they have some benefit of doing that!

Again, you love to taunt me for some reason. I guess you believe everything you read. I don't. I hope the people that lie about pricing stop doing it. Anyone that provides true pricing isn't going to stop posting. I did not say anything offensive to this last guy and yet he sure took it personally.

Last edited by HTOWNE; 11-28-15 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-28-15, 06:05 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by HTOWNE
SERIOUSLY! You only continue to berate me about my comments. There are others stating the same thing and yet you say nothing.

I didn't say anyone owes me anything. The only 2 people that are stating they got these Costco incredible deals refuse to state the dealership. Then why bother give the prices that even a Lexus salesman said were not possible. You didn't say a word to him. Another person stated that they were full of bull and you did not say a word.

I called Costo. The prices they are stating don't fall in line with what Costco says. So I guess Costco is giving me bad information because they have some benefit of doing that!

Again, you love to taunt me for some reason. I guess you believe everything you read. I don't. I hope the people that lie about pricing stop doing it. Anyone that provides true pricing isn't going to stop posting. I did not say anything offensive to this last guy and yet he sure took it personally.
Yup, I might as well say I can get $5000 off sticker. Oh, and by the way, I can't tell you where. Dumb.
Old 11-28-15, 06:06 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts
Default RX 350 Costco Pricing

If multiple people seem to take what you say personally, what is the common denominator?

Your proof that this isn't possible comes from a Lexus salesman? What possible motivation would a Lexus salesman have to lead you to believe a steep price discount was not obtainable on a Lexus?

Why would these posters lie? It's clear why your Lexus salesman would lie.

You're just upset that you did not negotiate a very good deal.
Old 11-28-15, 06:15 PM
HTOWNE
Rookie

If multiple people seem to take what you say personally, what is the common denominator?

Your proof that this isn't possible comes from a Lexus salesman? What possible motivation would a Lexus salesman have to lead you to believe a steep price discount was not obtainable on a Lexus?

Are you kidding me? I think I negotiated a great deal. I definitely did better than I expected. It was higher than the numbers I estimated. I also purchased over $200,000 for 3 vehicles just last year from the dealership. You have to take everything in consideration under the circumstances. I never stated what I got for my Ranger Rover or paid for my Lexus. Now you are my mind reader. You are a real jerk!

AGAIN, look at the previous post. They are stating the same thing I am. Why don't you say something to them. I am not talking about my salesman. I am talking about the salesman that posted on this forum that he sold 2 provided the numbers. You are saying he is a liar, but not the 2 posters that only had 2 posts on the Lexus forum.

My salesman is my friend as well as client. He became my friend after meeting him when I bought our first 2 vehicles in 2010. He became a client afterwards. I was referred to him from a client who is a vehicle transporter. I have multiple car wholesalers as well as one of the largest warranty companies as my clients. I have been negotiating vehicles for years. I negotiate for so many people because I am good at it. I may be a ***** doing it and I don't enjoy playing the numbers game, but I will pat myself on the shoulder that I get it done. I guarantee I got the best price possible from me dealer in my area. I know that the manager was not too happy and some of the money came out of my salesman's commission, but he was okay with it. He took the minimum commission. He told me what their holdback was as well. They definitely made their money, but wanted to be even greedier. I would never go to the dealership if it wasn't for the salesman. I know what is legit and what is not. I am surprised you just don't get it.

You tell me why people lie. People like to exaggerate and make up stuff all the time. Have you seen what happens in life on a daily basis. It is pretty disturbing. I wish everyone told the truth and we could believe everything we hear. We would all be much better off. I think you are naïve to believe that these posters are telling the truth. If I told you I got $5001 off MSRP and it was through Costco, would you believe me or attack me on that too? Of course, it is obvious I did not.

Last edited by HTOWNE; 11-28-15 at 06:33 PM.
Old 11-28-15, 06:20 PM
HTOWNE
Rookie

Originally Posted by Bearcat
Yup, I might as well say I can get $5000 off sticker. Oh, and by the way, I can't tell you where. Dumb.
THANK YOU! I actually got $5001 so I did better than you!
Old 11-28-15, 06:21 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts
Default RX 350 Costco Pricing

There was a time that you had two posts. Were you lying then? Just because somebody has only two posts doesn't mean anything. This is an all new model and it's bringing new people to the brand and to the forum. Those people start with 0 posts. Are they all full of crap according to you? How many posts does someone need to have to avoid the third degree from you?
Old 11-28-15, 06:36 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Seriously HTOWNE, give it a rest. Nobody owes you anything. If all you do is berate people for talking about their deals people are just going to stop doing that, which won't benefit anybody.

Are you kidding me? I think I negotiated a great deal. I definitely did better than I expected. It was higher than the numbers I estimated. I also purchased over $200,000 for 3 vehicles just last year from the dealership. You have to take everything in consideration under the circumstances. I never stated what I got for my Ranger Rover or paid for my Lexus. Now you are my mind reader. You are a real jerk!

AGAIN, look at the previous post. They are stating the same thing I am. Why don't you say something to them. I am not talking about my salesman. I am talking about the salesman that posted on this forum that he sold 2 provided the numbers. You are saying he is a liar, but not the 2 posters that only had 2 posts on the Lexus forum.

My salesman is my friend as well as client. He became my friend after meeting him when I bought our first 2 vehicles in 2010. He became a client afterwards. I was referred to him from a client who is a vehicle transporter. I have multiple car wholesalers as well as one of the largest warranty companies as my clients. I have been negotiating vehicles for years. I negotiate for so many people because I am good at it. I may be a ***** doing it and I don't enjoy playing the numbers game, but I will pat myself on the shoulder that I get it done. I guarantee I got the best price possible from me dealer in my area. I know that the manager was not too happy and some of the money came out of my salesman's commission, but he was okay with it. He took the minimum commission. He told me what their holdback was as well. They definitely made their money, but wanted to be even greedier. I would never go to the dealership if it wasn't for the salesman. I know what is legit and what is not. I am surprised you just don't get it.

You tell me why people lie. People like to exaggerate and make up stuff all the time. Have you seen what happens in life on a daily basis. It is pretty disturbing. I wish everyone told the truth and we could believe everything we hear. We would all be much better off. I think you are naïve to believe that these posters are telling the truth. If I told you I got $5001 off MSRP and it was through Costco, would you believe me or attack me on that too? Of course, it is obvious I did not.
There was a time that you had two posts. Were you lying then? Just because somebody has only two posts doesn't mean anything. This is an all new model and it's bringing new people to the brand and to the forum. Those people start with 0 posts. Are they all full of crap according to you? How many posts does someone need to have to avoid the third degree from you?
You really have issues! The 2 posters first posts are that they got these incredible Costco deals! One is $1000 below invoice and the other is over $3800 off. This is each of their first post. Okay, so if they are, in fact, truthful then why not also provide the dealership?

I believe you seem to be the only one that believes this crap. You are not going to deter me from questioning them. I would NEVER state that I got this AMAZING deal and then not provide the dealership so that everyone else could contact them. What would the purpose be of withholding that information?
Come on guys...play nice. If you want to go at each other, do it through PMs. This isn't a German car forum

Last edited by dchar; 11-28-15 at 06:41 PM.
Old 11-28-15, 06:36 PM
HTOWNE
Rookie

You really have issues! The 2 posters first posts are that they got these incredible Costco deals! One is $1000 below invoice and the other is over $3800 off. This is each of their first post. Okay, so if they are, in fact, truthful then why not also provide the dealership?

I believe you seem to be the only one that believes this crap. You are not going to deter me from questioning them. I would NEVER state that I got this AMAZING deal and then not provide the dealership so that everyone else could contact them. What would the purpose be of withholding that information?

The third degree? All I did was ask the dealership name. Give me a break!

Last edited by HTOWNE; 11-28-15 at 06:40 PM.
Old 11-28-15, 08:47 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

The third degree? All I did was ask the dealership name. Give me a break!
On one hand you are wrong for calling BS on every single deal (in reference to this thread and the pricing thread as well). You may be the ace deal maker, but that doesnt mean you can call BS on every single deal, just cause it sounds sketch or you cannot attain it. On the other hand, some of these deals are highly unlikely unless there some kind of extra discount most are not entitled to (supplier discount etc).

My advice, is look at the deals, from what a bad deal is (greater than or equal to MSRP) to whats considered a deal too good to be true. Somewhere between there is whats probably the going rate of discounts. So far that going rate is $2500-3500 off (based off the price thread 2500 NJ $4k Mt Kisco). Pre-orders are spoken for, and with the end of the year sale rush to finish the year strong sales targets in place, expect them to be a bit lenient.

Last edited by coolsaber; 11-28-15 at 09:40 PM.
Old 11-28-15, 09:06 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ml#post9254992
Originally Posted by DaveGS4
I've split this thread into it's own since the OP mingled two topics. Costco pricing here, color in the other thread.

There are a lot of inappropriate personal comments in this thread, I'll ask that cease immediately.

If you can't post without being rude to your fellow members, DO NOT POST.
HTOWNE AND SW15LS please exit this thread
Old 11-28-15, 10:36 PM
Krik
Driver School Candidate

Not sure why there is so much drama in this thread. The 2016's just came out so most dealers are unwilling to negotiate on an item that doesn't even have much inventory built up. Not saying there aren't deals to be had, but at this point of the game they are few and far between.

To the forum members stating they got invoice or under, what's the big secret about? Post the name of the dealership and let others benefit from these great deals. It's not like it's a brother's best friend's cousins inside deal, but only if you know the secret handshake. And it's not like it's going to affect your deal.

Thought we were all on this forum to share info and help each other out? No?
Old 11-29-15, 10:47 AM
unowned
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SFocLA
Lol thanks for the lecture

I've been on car forums since I was 15. Your response is so typical. You can take my info as legitimate or not. If I buy the car tomorrow I'll share you pics and more details.
The suspense is killing me, if you don't buy the car will you still share the details with us?
Old 11-30-15, 01:10 PM
naplesam
Driver School Candidate

I've been following this thread for weeks now. I have also bought a car (not a Lexus) via Costco and found it to be a pretty straight up/honest experience - although you do need to be just as vigilant in doing your homework as with any other car buying.

As the lease on my 2013 RX is up in February, I have started the shopping process. Today I contacted Costco about a 2016 RX and they told me that they DID NOT have an authorized dealer anywhere in the state of Florida for a 2016 YET. They do have at least one for 2015 models and are working with dealers for the 2016. I asked about a specific dealer who I knew had been authorized in prior years and they still are, but not for the 2016, YET.

I did talk with the Costco rep at this dealership and he says that they ARE authorized for the 2016 and it is just that Costco hasn't got the info into their systems yet. Who knows?

While I don't have anymore details as of now, he did say $1800 off of MSRP. I am 95% sure this is the dealership being referred to earlier in this thread.
Old 11-30-15, 03:31 PM
skiracer
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

Emailed the dealer about Costco pricing, but they never replied back to me. However, was able to get a quote $200 over invoice for a RX 350 AWD MSRP $53,600 down to $50K. They tried to do a dealer trade, then last minute car was sold
Old 12-02-15, 08:37 AM
skiracer
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

Just purchased a car and filled out a short survey from Costco and i get a coupon that says:

Congratulations on your purchase from Lexus of XXXXXXXX

To show our appreciation for being a Costco member and completing the member satisfaction survey, the Costco Auto Program is presenting you with this 50% off parts, service and accessories coupon.

When you’re ready to have your vehicle serviced, purchase parts or outfit your car with new accessories, use this coupon to save 50% — up to a maximum of $100

Quick Reply: RX 350 Costco Pricing