RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

RX 350 Costco Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-15, 07:24 PM
evanron
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by barbking
Hi All,
I don't believe anyone is going to get $1K under invoice for a 2016 RX...demand.
(Note: I'm not saying the above is true or not true. I don't really care.)

You guys don't quite understand how Costco pricing works. The servicer (on behalf of Costco, running under Costco's brand) deals individually with each dealership. Thus, there is no overall Costco pricing from state to state or city to city. Each individual dealership chooses to participate for a Model/Year and comes to their respective terms with Costco.

I know this because I had similar questions prior to getting my BMW (one dealership near me participated for model year 2015, but a different dealership participated in 2016 Costco pricing) I actually climbed the management ladder with Costco to get some answers.

When you go through Costco (and you can't just show up at the dealership asking for a Costco price) you get an authorization number and a specific client adviser's name that you'll be working with. The CA by extension is also a Costco Rep, and he/she must show you the Costco pricing sheet for what you're interested in, as well as the invoice for your chosen vehicle including options. It doesn't matter whether the car is in stock or is a special order.

Pricing is a little different for used cars, because on a car by car basis a dealer can choose to opt-out of pre-owned Costco pricing ahead of time.

One other nice thing I liked about Costco pricing, besides a fair price, is that after you buy a car if you fill out a survey then you will get a 50% rebate coupon good for accessories/services/parts for up to $100 or $200 depending on your type of Costco membership. It's a one time use coupon.

Cheers,
-Evan
Old 11-16-15, 10:14 PM
s4iscool
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I agree that the emails are true, but I will be shocked if any dealer actually executes a deal at $1000 under invoice. Makes zero business sense.
Old 11-16-15, 10:22 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 230 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by s4iscool
I agree that the emails are true, but I will be shocked if any dealer actually executes a deal at $1000 under invoice. Makes zero business sense.
It makes sense for dealers trying to move old inventory so they can bring in the new inventory...but the 2016 RX was just released...but if it's true, I want that deal too. I tried the Costco car buying service this weekend because of the post of $1K below invoice and the guy said it was too aggressive and wanted proof. So idk how real the deal is...especially if it's nationwide pricing.

This is the response I received from a dealer for Costco Pricing...nowhere near $1000 off of invoice

Please see attachment of 2016 Lexus RX350 equipment list.

MSRP: $49,993 plus fees

Costco
Price: $48,789 plus fees

This vehicle is coming, currently no dealership has this vehicle in stock.

Last edited by dchar; 11-17-15 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Include quote
Old 11-17-15, 10:55 PM
hkbruin2
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your Costco price sounds about right. They didn't have the sheet printed yet for the 2016 rx but I was given $1500 off the 59,975 msrp for the launch config f-sport.
Old 11-18-15, 07:52 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,753 Likes on 1,968 Posts

Originally Posted by hkbruin2
Your Costco price sounds about right. They didn't have the sheet printed yet for the 2016 rx but I was given $1500 off the 59,975 msrp for the launch config f-sport.
You're not understanding, you were given $1,500 off MSRP. He's saying the costco price is $1000 off INVOICE, or dealer cost. Which would be several thousand dollars cheaper than your deal.
Old 11-18-15, 09:55 AM
MolayMahem
Driver School Candidate

CA appears to be the magic state for Costco pricing on Lexus. I tried the Costco site using many zip codes around the country and struck out.
Old 11-18-15, 10:36 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Just a refresher on terminology:

MSRP: The price you see on the monoroney. This is the full retail price set by Lexus.

Invoice: This is the price that the dealer has paid (at least thats what they say)

%off said price: Make sure which price point your stating your discount is from, before TTL

In regards to the pricing.. Look if that one person whose using costco pricing found a price 1k off power to them. Steal of the century. Dont give em grief if that deal cannot replicate it, since its been established as the steel of the century.

Last edited by coolsaber; 11-18-15 at 10:56 AM.
Old 11-18-15, 10:59 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Just a refresher on terminology:

MSRP: The price you see on the monoroney. This is the full retail price set by Lexus.

Invoice: This is the price that the dealer has paid (at least thats what they say)

%off said price: Make sure which price point your stating your discount is from, before TTL

In regards to the pricing.. Look if that one person whose using costco pricing found a price 1k off power to them. Steal of the century. Dont give em grief if that deal cannot replicate it, since its been established as the steel of the century.
MSRP: Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (Monroney sticker required to be displayed in new cars)

Holdback: The difference between what the dealer actually paid and invoice price. This is why dealers can go below invoice. Supposed to be heresy to talk about it or something though?
Old 11-18-15, 02:00 PM
sderman
Advanced

Received 98 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by evanron
(Note: I'm not saying the above is true or not true. I don't really care.)

You guys don't quite understand how Costco pricing works. The servicer (on behalf of Costco, running under Costco's brand) deals individually with each dealership. Thus, there is no overall Costco pricing from state to state or city to city. Each individual dealership chooses to participate for a Model/Year and comes to their respective terms with Costco.

I know this because I had similar questions prior to getting my BMW (one dealership near me participated for model year 2015, but a different dealership participated in 2016 Costco pricing) I actually climbed the management ladder with Costco to get some answers.

When you go through Costco (and you can't just show up at the dealership asking for a Costco price) you get an authorization number and a specific client adviser's name that you'll be working with. The CA by extension is also a Costco Rep, and he/she must show you the Costco pricing sheet for what you're interested in, as well as the invoice for your chosen vehicle including options. It doesn't matter whether the car is in stock or is a special order.

Pricing is a little different for used cars, because on a car by car basis a dealer can choose to opt-out of pre-owned Costco pricing ahead of time.

One other nice thing I liked about Costco pricing, besides a fair price, is that after you buy a car if you fill out a survey then you will get a 50% rebate coupon good for accessories/services/parts for up to $100 or $200 depending on your type of Costco membership. It's a one time use coupon.

Cheers,
-Evan
Evan, Next Spring (when prices hopefully become more negotiable) I plan to sell my 2007 RX350 (less than 50k miles) and purchase the 2016 model. Do you have any experience/information as to whether I can do this successfully with the Costco-identified dealer and whether it would make sense compared to the traditional method of going to a few local dealers and trying with each one to negotiate a purchase with trade? Obviously, I know it's best to sell the 2007 on my own and I will offer it on the Forum when the time comes.

Also, does anyone know exactly which "book" dealers use to determine the real world trade-in value of a vehicle? In other words, where do I go to get the range of prices that dealers will actually offer assuming I have already negotiated and accepted the price for the new vehicle,

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-18-15, 06:49 PM
hkbruin2
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
You're not understanding, you were given $1,500 off MSRP. He's saying the costco price is $1000 off INVOICE, or dealer cost. Which would be several thousand dollars cheaper than your deal.
I completely understand, I was stating that the Costco price quotes for reply #33 were in line with what I was told, Not the original poster claiming 1k off invoice.
Old 11-20-15, 12:44 AM
CaliTravel
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes I've now spent time at two dealers in California. Both of these dealers explained to me their pre-negotiated price with Costco is $1750 over invoice which is about $1500 under MSRP, doesn't really matter how the car is configured, you will save aprox $1500 off MSRP.
Old 11-20-15, 12:28 PM
skiracer
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

This weekend I'll be going to local dealer here in SoCal and i registered online both with Costco and AAA. Let's see how this goes...
Old 11-20-15, 06:29 PM
yOyOYoo
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skiracer
This weekend I'll be going to local dealer here in SoCal and i registered online both with Costco and AAA. Let's see how this goes...
Keep us updated. I'm looking to purchase in December and I'm also in SoCal.
Old 11-21-15, 08:58 PM
RogueRX
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

My wife and I finally got our pre-ordered F-Sport this afternoon from the dealership. We also availed of the Costco pricing and got a significant discount.

MSRP: $59975.00
Costco Pricing: $57208.00

Discount: $ 2767.00

Old 11-22-15, 01:21 AM
kenji4861
Rookie

That's a nice Fully loaded RX350! Congrats!

Although at that kind of price.. it makes you think if it was better to get a Model X base, but that'll be another 6 months - year to get it...

Congrats!

Quick Reply: RX 350 Costco Pricing