RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Pics of your 4RX Right NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-15, 05:03 AM
qktnpfhs
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Pfizer
Is there an info when ur car was produced? It seems at the time u preordered yours the dealer already have one with exact trim and options going to them, sorry bothering buddy but i cant wait that long !�� Btw WTH u r doing in here posting msgs Sunday with a brand new 2016 Lexus RX in ur garage ? Go somewhere and comeback ASAP
posting some pics and bring fresh info regarding how u like it ����������
It's ok. You are not bothering me man. I know exactly how you feel now. Unfortunately, I dont have any info about production date. When I pre-ordered, my dealer show me lists and there were about 10-12 cars which already had different options. I just wanted fully loaded F-sport model and he found that one fully loaded f-sport model on that list so I pre-ordered that one. I was actually playing with my car and navi. Lol. This car is great so far. Smooth quiet and now it's got sporty driving features and it feels great. I always thought RX was grandpa's SUV but not anymore. Lol
Old 11-08-15, 05:51 AM
Pfizer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply, I will call my dealer next coming weekend to see, enjoy the day!!
Old 11-09-15, 01:20 AM
Nando1
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Swacer
An SRT8 Jeep and this RX350 are not even close to the same league. I'm not even sure how one cross shops those. The Jeep is a highly unreliable, big displacement, 470hp, 0-60 rocket (for its weight). The RX350 is a high reliability, limp d*ck 3.5L made for being the family car.

Originally Posted by JT4
I really love the new interior...

I agree, the RX and GC SRT8 are on different levels, this is the first I have heard of someone cross shopping the two.

I really like the SRT8's but a few people that have, or had them didn't know what was worse. Dealing with all the problems, or dealing with the service departments that from what I have been told are still stuck in the 80's when it comes to customer service.

I totally understand. Why cross shop these right? I'm in the market for a new car, an mid-size suv/cross-over, for a bit more room. I like the idea of having performance with some luxury and utilitarian hence the GC SRT. I only noticed the RX when dropping off my gf's IS and never considered it before seeing it. I'm not tied to one type of car and if I'm
spending 70k on a new ride then I want to see what else is out there. The RX pleasantly surprised me with its exterior styling which then invited me to jump inside and check out the interior. Wow! And all the tech too. I like it but to be quite honest I hadn't considered it because the previous models never did anything for me. This new design is pretty stylish, aggressive but I'm still not sold on driving an RX. I've owned 2 other SRT's and quite enjoy the brand but am always open to other manufacturers. Just exploring.
Old 11-09-15, 03:57 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nando1
I've owned 2 other SRT's and quite enjoy the brand but am always open to other manufacturers. Just exploring.
2 things

1. SRT is a trim, not a brand. Its still a dodge/jeep (depending on the model), and worse, its owned by Fiat. The "SRT" brand was nothing but Fiats way to try to separate the performance brand off for $$ and EPA reasons. So, its a Dodge/Jeep/Fiat no matter how you spin it.

2. The GC SRT8s are terrible, their buyback rate is ridiculous. I have 2 friends that have owned them, and BOTH have been bought back within 8 months of ownership.
Old 11-09-15, 04:43 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
2 things

1. SRT is a trim, not a brand. Its still a dodge/jeep (depending on the model), and worse, its owned by Fiat. The "SRT" brand was nothing but Fiats way to try to separate the performance brand off for $$ and EPA reasons. So, its a Dodge/Jeep/Fiat no matter how you spin it.

2. The GC SRT8s are terrible, their buyback rate is ridiculous. I have 2 friends that have owned them, and BOTH have been bought back within 8 months of ownership.
I would like to chime in this disscussion. I have a friend who bought a GC SRT8 too and after 14 months of ownership he had to file for lemon law in his state. That truck only has 7k miles and has broken down 6 times while away from home. The truck spent half of its life inside the dealership for warranty repairs. And now the car is in process of lemon law to get them to buy back. He will never own another Fiat product again. Perfomance is only worth it if it not broken all the time.

So i dont know why people cross shop the SRT8 to the RX350. There is no point. The RX is far supurior.
Old 11-09-15, 05:40 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

My wife and I really hate the fact that the new RX does not offer third row seatting which is why we are now considering the new Highlander instead.
Old 11-09-15, 05:52 AM
lapdrn
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats, I want one too
Old 11-09-15, 03:57 PM
jwigley
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by B16da9
My wife and I really hate the fact that the new RX does not offer third row seatting which is why we are now considering the new Highlander instead.
I know that there has been talk and interest in a 3rd row but don't you think this compact suv is kinda small to even attempt this? There are other SUVs that are better suited for that many passengers.
Old 11-09-15, 04:36 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Well, I think if they offer a 3rd row in the future it's going to look a little more wagonlike in my opinion. Here is a comparison and what I think it would look like. I have no free time but I did it anyway. It takes all of 5 minutes.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of your 4RX Right NOW!-wagon.jpg   Pics of your 4RX Right NOW!-screen-shot-2015-11-07-at-11.29.59-am.jpg  
Old 11-09-15, 04:52 PM
s4iscool
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Should consider a new PIlot too if youre looking at the Highlander. Better overall package IMO. Only negative is that its huge and looks it.
Old 11-09-15, 05:53 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by qktnpfhs
I picked up 16 RX F-Sport on Friday.

Here some more pics

It seems photos are not rotated but when you click it to see, it will be fine
Congrats! Love the HUD.
Old 11-09-15, 05:55 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearcat
Well, I think if they offer a 3rd row in the future it's going to look a little more wagonlike in my opinion. Here is a comparison and what I think it would look like. I have no free time but I did it anyway. It takes all of 5 minutes.
Interesting photochop!
Old 11-09-15, 06:03 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Interesting photochop!
I know. It doesn't look half bad.
Old 11-09-15, 09:14 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by B16da9
You definitely will not find the level of refinement and luxury in a Highlander, but it seems like space and carrying capacity seems to be your top priority.

Well supposedly, Lexus is planning another model to offer the third row...supposedly the TX (name already trademarked), but we'll see (there have been a few spy photos of a 3-row Lexus SUV)...maybe lease one of those bigger SUVs for now and checkin with Lexus again in a few years.
Old 11-09-15, 09:18 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearcat
I know. It doesn't look half bad.
Except the children in the third-row would get so carsick since that last window is pretty much non-existent. Not a fan of the stretched RX look...

Quick Reply: Pics of your 4RX Right NOW!