RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Color Heads Up Display

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-15, 12:16 AM
CaliTravel
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Color Heads Up Display

Has anyone been able to snag an RX with a heads up display? Every dealer I've talked to says they are very rare. The salesman I spoke with today said he only saw 3 slated for anywhere within 3000 miles that were RX450h and AWD with a heads up display... but none of them were the color I wanted (white exterior w/black interior). I'm pretty blown away Lexus isn't building more cars with them installed.

The same salesman also said there are a few RX's still being built in Japan. He said from the list he has about 1 in 30 is built in Japan. But he had no clue as to why. He said there doesn't seem to be any reason for which ones are built over there and which are built in Canada.
Old 11-03-15, 04:58 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

The only way to get what you want is to do a special custom order. But this may take several months before delivery and price cannot be negoiated. And even if you do manage to negotiate on price it will be very small discount.
Old 11-03-15, 07:41 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

At this early in the game where MSRP is king, doing a special order wont make u forfeit anything discounts since they have none to offer.
Old 11-03-15, 04:01 PM
HTOWNE
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CaliTravel
Has anyone been able to snag an RX with a heads up display? Every dealer I've talked to says they are very rare. The salesman I spoke with today said he only saw 3 slated for anywhere within 3000 miles that were RX450h and AWD with a heads up display... but none of them were the color I wanted (white exterior w/black interior). I'm pretty blown away Lexus isn't building more cars with them installed.

The same salesman also said there are a few RX's still being built in Japan. He said from the list he has about 1 in 30 is built in Japan. But he had no clue as to why. He said there doesn't seem to be any reason for which ones are built over there and which are built in Canada.
I saw mine today RX350 AWD and it has heads up display. It was late in the afternoon and it was not ready for me to take home. I had custom ordered 2, but this one that they had coming in was fully loaded except for black interior versus noble brown so I told them I wanted it . I am so glad this one came in because I do not like the noble brown at all. I actually love the front and overall look of the vehicle. I was pleasantly surprised as the pictures do not do it justice.
Old 11-03-15, 04:07 PM
jwigley
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry for the noob question but what exactly is the color heads up display?
Old 11-03-15, 05:18 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jwigley
Sorry for the noob question but what exactly is the color heads up display?
Its a projected image of your cars Speedometer, Navigation, RPMs and Media on the windshield for easy viewing so you dont have to loose focus on the road.

Although this image is not exacty what it looks like on the RX but will give you some info as to

what this feature is.

Last edited by AL13NV8D3R; 11-03-15 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-03-15, 06:56 PM
go3Ds
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The 2016 RX HUD is now just $600 and better, compared to previous $1200. Seems like a decent selection should be available with the new lower price. May depend on section of the country you buy. I had quite a few choices for HUD when I purchased my then new 2013 which was in the Dallas area, and that was at the $1200 HUD price. Once dealers eventually get up to full inventory you may be able to snag one as you say, and with your color combination. I'm hoping for included HUD off a lot somewhere also.

The following is information listed in the technology section from the Lexus website for 2016 RX, with price listed under packages-individual options:

COLOR HEADS-UP DISPLAY
The available full-color Heads-Up Display can project key information like audio, speed, your current gear and RPM onto the windshield. It can also project an ECO indicator to help you drive in the most fuel-efficient way possible. Display information can also be adjusted to different heights.
OPTIONAL ON: RX 450h, RX 450h F SPORT, RX 350 F SPORT

COLOR HEADS-UP DISPLAY
$600*
Old 11-03-15, 07:02 PM
hkbruin2
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A few actually...

I was at the dealer in Carlsbad and a few did have it, particularly the Fsport trim. The RX I test drove today didn't have it however.. I'll post pics in another thread.
Old 11-03-15, 07:25 PM
jwigley
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
Its a projected image of your cars Speedometer, Navigation, RPMs and Media on the windshield for easy viewing so you dont have to loose focus on the road.

Although this image is not exacty what it looks like on the RX but will give you some info as to

what this feature is.
Thank you. That's a great feature.
Old 11-03-15, 09:30 PM
LAMark
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My wife has HUD on her 2010 450h, we ordered it from the factory. I thought it was a gimmick before I actually used it but now find it very useful. I don't look down at all at the instrument panel while driving, really makes a difference.
Old 11-07-15, 12:53 PM
kwc_diesel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if the Lexus 4RX HUD will display navigation turn/distance info?
Old 11-07-15, 01:07 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by kwc_diesel
Does anyone know if the Lexus 4RX HUD will display navigation turn/distance info?
Yes it does.
Old 11-08-15, 10:14 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearcat
Yes it does.
Anyone with actual Color pictures of the HUD. It seems the HUD is bluish/whitish tone whch IMO is not color.

Also is speed limit info etc shown?
Old 11-08-15, 03:42 PM
qktnpfhs
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Anyone with actual Color pictures of the HUD. It seems the HUD is bluish/whitish tone whch IMO is not color.

Also is speed limit info etc shown?

Is this what you looking for? I picked up mine on Friday. It looks like this (at this time I didn't use navi) and it does show navi direction and tachometer or eco info and wether info too
Old 11-08-15, 03:44 PM
s4iscool
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Speed limit is shown in a graphic that looks like the sign. It takes some getting used to and it was a little distracting for me during the test drive. I will have it on mine, and have heard you adjust and end up loving it. All the CA 4RXs have had HUD, so other areas may have different regional preferences.

Quick Reply: Color Heads Up Display