RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2016 RX Best Prices So Far?

Old 08-26-16, 03:56 PM
TiberiusL
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Coming from Canada, what is the best pricing one can possibly expect on just the Luxury and Executive packages? Would appreciate any responses from Canadians on this forum!
Old 08-26-16, 04:02 PM
AnmayAZ
Driver School Candidate

Bought one today F-SPORT Ultra white with Red Interior. MSRP $60474. Selling price $55,500 plus fees. My OTD was around $61,30xx
Old 08-26-16, 06:53 PM
BPRescue
Driver School Candidate

Hi All,

I am new to the forum, and new to Lexus. Toyota guy for 25 years and looking for a bit more luxury, while still keeping the bulletproof dependability. I am in the market now, and waiting until Labor Day since it is end of year and dealers should be flexible.

I stopped by here to see how people have been doing with the 2016 RX350, but noticed everyone is talking about “percentage of MSRP”. I have been able to get great deals on vehicles in the past, but my strategy has been determining what car and options I want long before I step on a specific dealers lot to buy them. Since al dealers in an area receive the same packages, once I know, I find the dealers with the cars, then identify the invoice price and add options through sites like KBB, NADA, etc. Once I combine this with potential holdback and other incentives, I hit the dealer and let them know if they want the sale I am ready that day and will be quick. If not, I have 5 others dealers that I will visit. I have heard it all by now, from my numbers being wrong, to nobody will sell you the vehicle for that price. Well, I can say the most it ever took was 3 dealers to get a price within a couple hundred dollars of invoice, to well below invoice.

The above said, I’ve purchased one “luxury car” in an M3, where I was $1k over invoice, but that was the most paid. I am on unfamiliar ground with how they will move on the RX, but figure the new model year being October, they either deal on the 2016, or I wait for the 2017 to be on the lot. It brings me to my point here. Finally, I know. Anyway, given you all speak of “off MSRP”, how do you justify that to the dealer when negotiating? Invoice is easy for me, because I argue it is what they pay; while also recognizing and telling them that they still pay less than I could ever know based on how many they sell, other incentives, etc. Either way, I know that when I offer them under invoice, they still make a profit.

Anyway, I have also taken the fleet approach once where I email all dealers, and where it worked, the salesman tried to claim he lost the email, then lost the printed email I gave him minutes before, to which I had multiple copies... In that regard, negotiations took just as long as walking in cold because I had to all but force them to adhere to their offer, finally getting it done. So, I don’t think that is one I will take this time, and it will be the tried and true of walking in the door with computer and documentation in hand. That is unless there is some magic to your strategy, or if it is just a mere way of measuring off MSRP for apples to apples comparison?

Anyway, it does appear that they are loose with the RX, so that is a big help in itself. But, I am still very interested to hear your strategy. Thanks all!

Old 08-27-16, 07:05 AM
beauzer
Driver School Candidate

Default negotiating

I researched this forum and visited other websites to gather info on best pricing and how to approach the salesperson with the price I was comfortable paying. Like you, I researched pricing of base model and options, and also factored in a guess at a slight holdback amount. I then added $500 to my guesstimate as I am not averse to letting the dealership make a profit on a product--just as it is on everything else I buy. I also waited until late summer, when the model year was less "new."

My offer was not accepted at one dealership in a town that had no Lexus competition, and it was disheartening. We were about $2,500 apart. In addition, I had offered to use dealer financing (again, another chance for them to make some money on the deal) instead of using the certified dealer check for the I had obtained from the bank. I also said I would purchase an extended warranty. Their unwillingness to work with me made me a little angry because I knew that if I purchased from another dealer, that this one would make money off me anyway as a service customer.

A few weeks later I contacted an Internet Sales Manager (ISM) at a dealership in a town about 300 miles away that has multiple Lexus dealerships. I made an offer on a car in his inventory (same color configuration I wanted) that had the same options plus a couple more, using the same price I proposed at the other. It was accepted, so I purchased it from them. My out-the-door price was less than the invoice price, and I did not use Lexus financing, nor did I purchase an extended warranty.

The ISM knew that I had been rebuffed on price earlier at a different dealership and said that he had helped other customers in my same position. My takeaway is that competition helps you get a better price.

Old 08-27-16, 07:32 AM
astyles
Driver School Candidate

Posted this in a thread about the Lexus Plus program, but thought it was also relevant here:

I am shopping for a 2016 RX and was bored this morning, so I decided to take all of the prices for 2016 RX models from Lexus of Bellevue, non-F Sport, premium package or above. Keep in mind pricing is less aggressive in WA State than places like California.
  • Range in % off of MSRP: 0% to 6.91%
  • Range in Discount $: 0 to $3,735
  • Average % off of MSRP: 4.81%
  • Average Discount $: 2,630
Based on negotiating around town with dealers that do not participate in the Lexus Plus program, the best I have been able to get is $4000 off of MSRP. I was quoted by email for $7000 off of MSRP from a California dealer, but this does not consider the cost of shipping the car to me.
Old 08-27-16, 04:23 PM
NealKBrown
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by astyles
Based on negotiating around town with dealers that do not participate in the Lexus Plus program, the best I have been able to get is $4000 off of MSRP.
This is consistent with the Costco Auto pricing as well, its around $500 over invoice. Good benchmark IMHO.
Old 08-27-16, 06:53 PM
astyles
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NealKBrown
This is consistent with the Costco Auto pricing as well, its around $500 over invoice. Good benchmark IMHO.
Ended up purchasing today. MSRP was $56,654. Received about $3900 off MSRP. From what I know the difference between MSRP and invoice is about $3300, but I may be mistaken.
Old 08-27-16, 09:11 PM
axes2k
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ended up with a f sport lease...613 monthly with 2k MSD and they said about 150 goes to doc? I forgot what they said
Old 08-28-16, 07:49 PM
Oldfart
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by axes2k
I ended up with a f sport lease...613 monthly with 2k MSD and they said about 150 goes to doc? I forgot what they said
Without some baseline like MSRP it is not helping anyone for example I ended up with $1,500 out of pocket and $430 monthly see how useless that is.

Old 08-28-16, 08:42 PM
matsurada
Driver School Candidate

Just joined the RX community and picked up a 2016 RX base model AWD. I think I got a pretty solid deal, I am here in Southern California. MSRP was $45,189 for the AWD model. Worked it down to $40,750 and then received a $500 cash rebate. All in all a smooth process since I pre-negotiated the price over email before going to the dealership. Good luck to the rest of the buyers out there, I'm sure better deals are to be had with the new 2017's coming in soon.
Old 08-28-16, 11:31 PM
thebossac
Driver

I just purchased a Nighfall Mica 2016 RX350 FWD yesterday in So Cal.

MSRP: $48,403
Sales Price: $43,189
Out the door: $47,300

Options:
TOUCH-FREE POWER REAR DOOR
PREMIUM PACKAGE
HEATED MATTE BAMBOO STEERING WHEEL
MATTE BAMBOO INTERIOR TRIM
BLIND SPOT MONITOR W/REAR CROSS TRAFFIC ALERT
HEATED & VENTILATED FRONT SEATS
INTUITIVE PARKING ASSIST
POWER TILT & SLIDE MOONROOF
CROSS BAR

Old 08-29-16, 04:59 AM
Brenlee215
Driver School Candidate

Took delivery 8.28 on a base awd in Northern California.

Msrp - $45189
Negotiated through emails.
sale price - $39500 plus TTL minus $1000 rebate.

Old 08-29-16, 07:39 AM
matsurada
Driver School Candidate

Great deal Brenlee!!

Originally Posted by Brenlee215
Took delivery 8.28 on a base awd in Northern California.

Msrp - $45189
Negotiated through emails.
sale price - $39500 plus TTL minus $1000 rebate.
Old 08-30-16, 07:41 AM
NealKBrown
Driver School Candidate

Nightfall Mica / Stratus Grey F Sport in Clear Lake
$3000 off MSRP (there are only 2 of these in the state)
$500 rebate
1.9% financing

Highly recommend Lexus of Clear Lake if you are in South Texas area
Old 08-30-16, 07:49 PM
BPRescue
Driver School Candidate

Will follow up when I have more time, but I just entered the Lexus club.

RX350
MSRP: $53,674
Invoice: $50,033
Paid: $48,183
Discount of $5,491 off MSRP.

I guess that is 10.23% of MSRP, though as I indicated before, I never negotiate from MSRP, but instead Invoice. I only use MSRP as to designate which vehicle I was looking at.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2016 RX Best Prices So Far?