RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2016 RX Best Prices So Far?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-16, 11:54 AM
TexLexRX
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have it with me and I'm on the road just call the dealership in Fort Worth and ask for Shane Nelson mentioned Jeff referred you. You schould be able to get 10.5 to 11.5 off msrp
Old 07-08-16, 04:46 PM
beauzer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OCRXFS, How did you get the dealers to fight for your business? Did you call several of them and explain what you wanted? Did all of them decide to participate? Did you tell each one the price you wanted to pay or just ask each of them for their best price?

I guess I'm wondering specifically how it worked. I've read about doing this (Fighting Chance). I haven't been successful getting price quotes over the phone from the sales folks the dealership connects me to.
Old 07-08-16, 04:57 PM
ocrxfs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by beauzer
OCRXFS, How did you get the dealers to fight for your business? Did you call several of them and explain what you wanted? Did all of them decide to participate? Did you tell each one the price you wanted to pay or just ask each of them for their best price?

I guess I'm wondering specifically how it worked. I've read about doing this (Fighting Chance). I haven't been successful getting price quotes over the phone from the sales folks the dealership connects me to.
Here are the steps I took:

1. Find out the exact model car you want with your required and/or desired options
2. Do research to find out how much said car is being sold for in the marketplace using this forum and other online resources (edmunds, etc...) -- (for ex, for my car RX350 F Sport with White/Red I knew I wasn't going to get anywhere close to 12% off like on a base model.)
3. Google the closest Lexus dealerships in your area and contact each one to obtain the Internet Sales Manager's email address (introduce yourself over the phone for a personal connection as well.)
4. Send each one an email/text with the car you want and ask them for their best deal. Tell them you are working with multiple dealers for the best deal.
5. Once you get a couple who want to work with you on price, try to pit them against each other so they're competing to earn your business.
6. Do all negotiations over email so not only you stay organized but you have 'proof' of the dealers offer in writing.
7. Once you pull the trigger on a deal, make an appointment to sign docs and grab keys to your new car.
8. Enjoy the ride. I love mine every day I get to look at it and drive it.
Old 07-09-16, 05:53 PM
EXP_Cougar
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TexLexRX
I don't have it with me and I'm on the road just call the dealership in Fort Worth and ask for Shane Nelson mentioned Jeff referred you. You schould be able to get 10.5 to 11.5 off msrp
Shane is a great guy - you can let him know Hugo said so
Old 07-11-16, 05:39 AM
mrhdk
Driver School Candidate

Default price of new rx350

hi everyone i am reading on forum that many people are getting 12 percent off msrp on new lexus. In tri state area the most they will give me is 5 percent off. I am wondering without a trade and no lease no financing a cash sale they probably want to sell with a trade in and financing. Am i at a disadvantage getting a good deal if i have neither thanks
Old 07-11-16, 06:08 AM
mnemons
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

When you contact dealers, you should merely negotiate the price of the car, without mentioning trade-in or financial detail. When I shopped RX350 F Sport, I sent out emails to all the dealers in NJ, PA, and DE. I merely negotiate the price on the specific cars they have in inventory. I managed to get more than 3 dealers willing to go more than 8%-10% off on cars with $57459 MSRP without mentioning trade-in or financial options. Shop around, I think you can get better deal since there is Golden Opportunity Sale Event going on right now. PM me if you want the contact method of the salesperson I end up buying.
Old 07-11-16, 01:01 PM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

Got quoted from 2 dealers for a lease. 12k miles, 36 months, $1500 drive off about $7xx a month even with loyalty discount. Dealers aren't really discounting the RX much yet I guess.
Old 07-12-16, 12:05 AM
carnut1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2SwiFt29
Got quoted from 2 dealers for a lease. 12k miles, 36 months, $1500 drive off about $7xx a month even with loyalty discount. Dealers aren't really discounting the RX much yet I guess.
Can you give more details on the build and msrp? Did they mention any RV and money factor??
Old 07-12-16, 08:13 AM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by carnut1
Can you give more details on the build and msrp? Did they mention any RV and money factor??
I didn't get into details yet about it but MSRP is about $60,xxx. With tax and fees, payment is still about mid $7xx per month.
Old 07-12-16, 03:00 PM
LexCooper
Driver School Candidate

I was wondering if anyone has purchased an RX in the Tampa area, and if so what kind of discount was given? I am in the market for an F-Sport.
Old 07-13-16, 07:51 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LexCooper
I was wondering if anyone has purchased an RX in the Tampa area, and if so what kind of discount was given? I am in the market for an F-Sport.
I was searching on autonation.com and for some dealers they have option of "unlock Price"

For example a F-Sport VIN:2T2BZMCA5GC043562
https://www.autonation.com/miami/new...BZMCA5GC043562
At Palm Beach Lexus
MSRP $55,954
AutoNation Savings -$4,060
AUTONATION PRICE $51,894
You Saved at Least $4,060

One Autonation dealership can pull from other autonation inventories.
Local Tampa Autonation stores
Lexus of Tampa Bay
5852 Dale Mabry
Tampa FL 33614

Lexus of Clearwater
27547 US Highway 19 North
Clearwater FL 33761

Lexus of Palm Beach
5700 Okeechobee Boulevard
West Palm Beach FL 33417

I recently bought a F-150 from Bradenton Autonation and they pulled it from Sanford store
Old 07-13-16, 08:08 PM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As the model year is ending the inventory is lower. If you only care about price you can bargain away dealer against dealer, but if you want a specific color and options your choices are narrowed; especially since the dealer may have to swap to attain the vehicle. Also, I've believe that price isn't everything, there's the value of your trade in, and goodwill through the years.
Old 07-13-16, 10:07 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by LexRexBlue
As the model year is ending the inventory is lower. If you only care about price you can bargain away dealer against dealer, but if you want a specific color and options your choices are narrowed; especially since the dealer may have to swap to attain the vehicle. Also, I've believe that price isn't everything, there's the value of your trade in, and goodwill through the years.
True, plus the 17s will also be getting LSS+ standard on all trims.

In any purchase experience you can play the long game or the short game but just dont take any option for granted.

You can leave money on the table, hope that in the future your dealer will acknowledge that goodwill, and be on your side in case of any troubles or you can take the house for all its worth, and worry about about troubles as you see fit. The common myth is that, buyer decides on the long game, leaves money on the table, never buys from them again, and expects the world; fast forward to a warranty repair, dealer does not bat an eye and gives the buyer the middle....then comes the trouble posts, and social media rants. Hence if your not a repeat buyer, play the short game for safety sake, you have more to loose with the hope of the long game.
Old 07-14-16, 01:40 PM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nope great service and breaks. Dealer is honest. Have purchased a few from them.
Old 07-15-16, 11:44 AM
sderman
Advanced

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by LexRexBlue
Nope great service and breaks. Dealer is honest. Have purchased a few from them.
I also live in NJ. Mind if I ask you the name of your dealer? (I have used Prestige in Ramsey and Route 10 in Whippany - both are OK). Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2016 RX Best Prices So Far?