RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2016 RX Best Prices So Far?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-16, 05:34 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts
Default Pay it Forward Episode 3 The Return of the Naysayers

So Im guessing some dealers are motivating themselves harder to email back again when their initial response 2 weeks ago was pick one:

1) F sports are in HIGH DEMAND, all of ours are pre-sold
2) F sports are in high demand, the best anyone can offer is about $500-1000 MSRP
3) HAH F Sports below invoice, Good luck with that one. If it does not work out, were still open to meet your car needs
4) With that kind of pricing have you considered getting a L Certified?
5) .....no response

There is a dealer who has 5 F sports in stock. One of which is an Ultra White with Black interior

Sticker price $57,8XX
Agreed Selling Price $51,7XX

I`m guessing this dealer might be available to place similar discounts on the rest of their stock, but at least one of them is agreed upon. Not picking up on it, as its missing the T-Beams, but if anyone needs the info, I`ll be happy to pass it along.

NOTE: Please do not flood my inbox like last time with multiple requests. And since I`m not in control of who gets what, its first serve first come basis. Sorry if you dont get it, but at least you have some transparency as to what kind of negotiations #s you can use urself
Old 04-20-16, 09:02 AM
RhetAustin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About to buy my first Lexus:

2016 RX 350 w/Additional Options:
  • Premium Package
  • 12.3" Navigation Package
  • Lexus Safety System+
  • Towing Prep Package
  • AWD
  • 20" Split-Five-Spoke Alloy Wheels
  • Moonroof
  • Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
  • Blind Spot Monitor w/Rear-Cross Traffic Alert
  • Intuitive Parking Assist
  • Heated Espresso Walnut Steering Wheel
  • Espresso Walnut Interior Wood Trim
  • Cargo Net, Cargo Mat, Wheel Locks & Key Glove

MSRP $53,674

$50,500 +TTL

Last edited by RhetAustin; 04-20-16 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-20-16, 04:20 PM
cec327
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RhetAustin

• Premium Package
  • Lexus Safety System+
  • Towing Prep Package
  • AWD
  • Moonroof

MSRP $53,674

$50,500 +TTL
Terrific deal- You will love this car.
Old 04-21-16, 03:09 PM
Atlx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cec327
Terrific deal- You will love this car.
You can probably lower it more. My rx350 msrp was$59,204. Got it for 53400. That was at the end of january. And curf bought one too and beat my price and got it lowered to 52000 i think. Ours was a fully loaded non fsport fwd except for the entertainment package.
Old 04-21-16, 03:16 PM
Atlx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Atlx
You can probably lower it more. My rx350 msrp was$59,204. Got it for 53400. That was at the end of january. And curf bought one too and beat my price and got it lowered to 52000 i think. Ours was a fully loaded non fsport fwd except for the entertainment package.
Post was meant for rhetaustin. Sorry
Old 04-21-16, 03:19 PM
skarface
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RhetAustin

• Premium Package
  • Lexus Safety System+
  • Towing Prep Package
  • AWD
  • Moonroof

MSRP $53,674

$50,500 +TTL
You can probably get at least $5k off...maybe more. Give it a shot.
Old 04-21-16, 04:36 PM
Vincent05
Driver

Looks like I won't be purchasing the RX any time soon. Came to a agreement on the 350 f sport but they are low balling my trade in. I didn't know Lexus cars don't hold their value, bought the ES300h 1 and a half years ago and now they are offering $24k. MSRP on the car was $47,200. Not sure if I want to get another Lexus if their value drop in half like that.

BTW, anyone looking for the 350 f sport. The East Coast should be getting more of them almost fully loaded with MSRP of 59k-62k in the next two months.
Old 04-21-16, 05:03 PM
skarface
Rookie

Originally Posted by Vincent05
Looks like I won't be purchasing the RX any time soon. Came to a agreement on the 350 f sport but they are low balling my trade in. I didn't know Lexus cars don't hold their value, bought the ES300h 1 and a half years ago and now they are offering $24k. MSRP on the car was $47,200. Not sure if I want to get another Lexus if their value drop in half like that.

BTW, anyone looking for the 350 f sport. The East Coast should be getting more of them almost fully loaded with MSRP of 59k-62k in the next two months.
Check NADA and KBB. If there is a carmax in your area, you can see what theyll offer you so you have a minimum amount you should accept.
Old 04-21-16, 06:51 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

To think of it, you are the second person to feel cheated on the ES resale value I have encountered. Waiting for a test drive at a local dealership, a man walked out of talks after being offered the same crap deal you kind of received .

The man was on a 2 year lease of an ES350. he loved his car that at lease end, purchased it about a month ago. However he wanted to trade in for new 16 ES, and his buyout price and trade in value differed greatly.
Old 04-22-16, 06:17 AM
Vincent05
Driver

I am not ridiculous on my cars value, KBB has the trade in value of $28-30k. If they had offered me in that ball park, I would have been OK with it. But a 4-5k difference is huge, the salesman tried to make it sound good by saying it's ONLY $100 in monthly payment difference.
Old 04-22-16, 07:04 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
To think of it, you are the second person to feel cheated on the ES resale value I have encountered. Waiting for a test drive at a local dealership, a man walked out of talks after being offered the same crap deal you kind of received .

The man was on a 2 year lease of an ES350. he loved his car that at lease end, purchased it about a month ago. However he wanted to trade in for new 16 ES, and his buyout price and trade in value differed greatly.
I'm not sure why someone would buy out a lease and then almost immediately try to trade it in without first doing adequate research as to the actual market value of the vehicle. Lexus establishes very high residual values to keep lease payments reasonable - these days it is not likely that Lexus leased vehicles will be worth what the residual is at lease end.
Old 04-22-16, 07:49 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

I am not ridiculous on my cars value, KBB has the trade in value of $28-30k. If they had offered me in that ball park, I would have been OK with it. But a 4-5k difference is huge, the salesman tried to make it sound good by saying it's ONLY $100 in monthly payment difference.
As I told that guy when he told me his story, get a couple offers in writing, and then shop around. Thats the best you can do. It seems that a very heavy discount on the RX was used to lure you, and theyre gonna try to make it up on on the Trade in.

Lease residual inflation and of course myths of certain cars holding a set value add to problems.
Old 04-22-16, 07:51 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
I'm not sure why someone would buy out a lease and then almost immediately try to trade it in without first doing adequate research as to the actual market value of the vehicle. Lexus establishes very high residual values to keep lease payments reasonable - these days it is not likely that Lexus leased vehicles will be worth what the residual is at lease end.
Didnt ask why, he just told me his story while I was waiting outside lol. He also told me the reason he did was his friend did the same on a 13 S-class and he came out on top.... I `m not here to judge
Old 04-22-16, 09:01 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Didnt ask why, he just told me his story while I was waiting outside lol. He also told me the reason he did was his friend did the same on a 13 S-class and he came out on top.... I `m not here to judge
I wasn't judging either - just pointing out something I've observed after leasing 4 Lexus vehicles.
Old 04-22-16, 10:36 AM
cec327
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Based on my recent experience with trying to trade my 2013 RX350 with FWD, 19,500 miles, garage kept ,and in mint condition ( $ 48K MSRP) . The KBB didn't mean a thing. The appraiser, check the local prices of similar vehicles, (said the FWD hurt the trade in value) and offered to buy the car for $25K which was even below for a car described a poor condition. KBB was between $28k-$30K.
I always operate under the belief that they want a car at auction prices. Also, there is something that ALWAYS hurts the trade in value of a car. Except of course when you are buying the vehicle, then it's a different story.
I

Quick Reply: 2016 RX Best Prices So Far?