RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2016 RX Best Prices So Far?

Old 11-19-15, 02:40 PM
STGSC400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trying to work a deal on a 2016 F-Sport Loaded. MSRP 59.975... Dealer will not budge. Even told me that there is no Costco Discount? But I see some of you used that and got it!

My Problem is. Both Lexus dealers in Utah are owned by the same Family so they keep things under control.

I would sign on one today if I could get what some of you received off MSRP. 2-2500K.

Any help or ideas?

My lease is up on my 2013 F Sport RX in March and they gave me a slap in the face offer on that too. It was under what just handing it back to them was. They wanted to give me 29k when they had the same used one on the lot with more miles for 40k......... I will just keep it and buy it out at the end of the lease and sell it on my own
Old 11-19-15, 02:49 PM
hkr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Martin321
How do we know what the invoice price is? Is it located somewhere on the car or do we have to ask dealership for a proof of document?
I may be off slightly but the MSRP on the car was like 49K. The Invoice for the vehicle was about 46000 - The dealer has an MSRP and an invoice price that they will show you but I relied on the Costco price calculator which has both the invoice and MSRP - hope this helps.

Last edited by hkr; 11-19-15 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-19-15, 02:57 PM
hkr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cec327
That seems like a very good deal. Which dealership was that ?
Costco pricing is available from Rockville in MD (don't know what the price is).

This was Pohanka. Last week there was absolutely no discussion beyond MSRP but this week was different but i did pick a car off the lot with some compromises - maybe that helped.
Old 11-19-15, 05:02 PM
Martin321
Driver

Originally Posted by STGSC400
Trying to work a deal on a 2016 F-Sport Loaded. MSRP 59.975... Dealer will not budge. Even told me that there is no Costco Discount? But I see some of you used that and got it!

My Problem is. Both Lexus dealers in Utah are owned by the same Family so they keep things under control.

I would sign on one today if I could get what some of you received off MSRP. 2-2500K.

Any help or ideas?

My lease is up on my 2013 F Sport RX in March and they gave me a slap in the face offer on that too. It was under what just handing it back to them was. They wanted to give me 29k when they had the same used one on the lot with more miles for 40k......... I will just keep it and buy it out at the end of the lease and sell it on my own
Yes, an idea, It sounds more like we can negotiate on a Luxury package RX4 but not on F Sport one. There are three dealerships in NY and only 3 or 4 F sport models are available and plenty of regular ones. Many people like me are willing to travel to a neighboring states if an F sport version could be gotten for $1.5, 2K off MSRP. If I would be a poster that got a 1.5-2k off from a certain dealership, I would proudly post it here just to help my fellow RX F sport forum members here. I would even give them the sales person name and a phone number.

Last edited by Martin321; 11-19-15 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-19-15, 05:19 PM
HTOWNE
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Martin321
Yes, an idea, It sounds more like we can negotiate on a Luxury package RX4 but not on F Sport one. There are three dealerships in NY and only 3 or 4 F sport models are available and plenty of regular ones. Many people like me are willing to travel to a neighboring states if an F sport version could be gotten for $1.5, 2K off MSRP. If I would be a poster that got a 1.5-2k off from a certain dealership, I would proudly post it here just to help my fellow RX F sport forum members here. I would even give them the sales person name and a phone number.
The luxury package is just as limited as the F Sport. There is very minimal negotiation on those 2. Currently the luxury package is the most demanded. The seats on the F Sport are turning people to the luxury. You can go on cars.com and get an idea of how limited they both are. A lot of dealers do not have any luxury or F-Sport.

Last edited by HTOWNE; 11-19-15 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-19-15, 05:20 PM
HTOWNE
Rookie

Originally Posted by hkr
I may be off slightly but the MSRP on the car was like 49K. The Invoice for the vehicle was about 46000 - The dealer has an MSRP and an invoice price that they will show you but I relied on the Costco price calculator which has both the invoice and MSRP - hope this helps.
You can also build it on Edmunds and get the true invoice pricing.
Old 11-19-15, 05:24 PM
HTOWNE
Rookie

Originally Posted by MolayMahem
Please post the actual MSRP and what you negotiated the deal for. I like to see real dollar numbers as I have no idea what "invoice" is at this time. Thanks!
I second that! Invoice at the dealership could be completely different than the true invoice that is shown on Costo and Edmunds.
Old 11-19-15, 05:34 PM
HTOWNE
Rookie

Originally Posted by hkr
New to the Lexus Family. Picked up a 2016 Nebula Grey AWD for the wife with some options not the complete suite. about $460 over Invoice. The invoice price came from the Costco price calculator .

We went in for a test drive, and I was hoping for some discount off the MSRP but the final price was something I was happy with. I am in Northern Virginia and the closest Costco pricing dealer was in MD, Went to the local dealer and showed him the cert - he did mention that they did not have Costco pricing but was willing to offer it for about 460 over invoice. I never got a chance to check out the Costco pricing from the MD dealer.

$460 over invoice would be saving $3000 or more, depending on the price of the vehicle. There is a $2723 difference between a bare bones RX350 FWD with absolutely nothing on it. For the AWD bare bones it is $2814 and F Sport is $3171.
Old 11-19-15, 09:53 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by hkr
Costco pricing is available from Rockville in MD (don't know what the price is).

This was Pohanka. Last week there was absolutely no discussion beyond MSRP but this week was different but i did pick a car off the lot with some compromises - maybe that helped.
Congrats. It pays to be in area where the market offers multiple dealers. Post up more deals peeps lets see those deals
Old 11-20-15, 06:48 AM
jinks4
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Originally Posted by supraken
Got a 350 AWD Premium/Nav build.

Looks liked in tristate area there's only 4 variations:

1. Base with some basic stuff for $46k
2. With Premium, 12.3" Nav, BSM&RCTA, Safety+, Moonroof, Heated Ventilated Seats, Heated Wheel, etc for $52k
3. Fsport with 12.3 nav witb ML for $56k
4. With Luxury, Panoramic roof, basically loaded for $59k

I got #2 for about $49.5k so about $2500 off.
Lexus dealership in Mount Kisco, NY is offering $2K off Model #4.
Old 11-20-15, 05:19 PM
cec327
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hkr

Thanks for the info. I will wail until I get a really great on a 2016 since I don't need to have a new car. It comes down to who wants what more. Does the dealer want the $50K or do I want a new car more---Once they have an inventory built up they may want to be more flexible in pricing.
Old 11-21-15, 12:53 PM
dave70
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jinks4
Lexus dealership in Mount Kisco, NY is offering $2K off Model #4.
My wife has her 14 RX from Lexus of Mt. Kisco, debating about getting another 15 or 16. Good to hear that they have some flexibility off MSRP. I know there is a 2k rebate on the 15's - was the 2k off a rebate that was subject to sales tax?
Old 11-21-15, 11:14 PM
RogueRX
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

My wife and I finally got our pre-ordered F-Sport this afternoon from the dealership. We also availed of the Costco pricing and got a significant discount.

MSRP: $59975.00
Costco Pricing: $57208.00

Discount: $ 2767.00
Old 11-22-15, 06:10 AM
go3Ds
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RogueRX
My wife and I finally got our pre-ordered F-Sport this afternoon from the dealership. We also availed of the Costco pricing and got a significant discount.

MSRP: $59975.00
Costco Pricing: $57208.00

Discount: $ 2767.00
Super price this early, and a preorder no less for everything you wanted. I'm stuck so far with minimal selection, no discount, and my 2013 trade in probably sinking a few dollars while waiting. All I can say is you did good. Congratulations!
Old 11-22-15, 06:24 AM
MolayMahem
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for posting REAL $$ numbers. It gives us all something to work with even if no local dealers are playing nice with Costco at this time. Dealer told me maybe Feb or March they may cozy up with Costco.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2016 RX Best Prices So Far?