RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

'16 RX450H F-Sport is on a train... westbound

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-15, 12:51 PM
JsGX460
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '16 RX450H F-Sport is on a train... westbound

My dealer was able to secure one of the first hybrids coming into the pacific northwest. It's in category 'A' which mean it has left the factory, but not landed in the area yet.

pricing is officially available. Here is a snapshot of how our F-Sport is configured. No, it does not have luxury package, but that means it appears to be missing the power second row (fine because I have batteries under the seat), and it has aluminum trim rather than the sapele option.

HUD does not seem to be available according to my dealer... and that less than 1% of cars are built with the HUD option (at least for those coming into our region).

So, I should see it within days or a couple weeks at worse.
Attached Thumbnails '16 RX450H F-Sport is on a train... westbound-rxoptions.jpg  
Old 10-20-15, 03:49 PM
Martin321
Driver

Originally Posted by JsGX460
My dealer was able to secure one of the first hybrids coming into the pacific northwest. It's in category 'A' which mean it has left the factory, but not landed in the area yet.

pricing is officially available. Here is a snapshot of how our F-Sport is configured. No, it does not have luxury package, but that means it appears to be missing the power second row (fine because I have batteries under the seat), and it has aluminum trim rather than the sapele option.

HUD does not seem to be available according to my dealer... and that less than 1% of cars are built with the HUD option (at least for those coming into our region).

So, I should see it within days or a couple weeks at worse.
Congrats on your order, what color is the exterior and interior?. It looks like it is pretty loaded with an F sport package. I thought that the cold weather package was already included in an F sport with heated and ventilated seats, F sports heated steering wheel? HUD is a safety feature which is pretty common among all newer models. Did you leave out a panoramic sunroof?
Old 10-20-15, 04:15 PM
winsalem
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

I guess it sounds a little nuts but I'm excited for you! Thx for the news and hope you keep us updated.
Old 10-20-15, 04:20 PM
melodyqi
Driver School Candidate

I notice that the combined "security system+" and triple LED lamps priced at $2250. We know Lexus said earlier that the security system would be priced below $650. That means the triple LED is costing $1600 to have. That is quite a price tag for triple LED lamps.
Old 10-20-15, 04:58 PM
JsGX460
Driver

Originally Posted by Martin321
Congrats on your order, what color is the exterior and interior?. It looks like it is pretty loaded with an F sport package. I thought that the cold weather package was already included in an F sport with heated and ventilated seats, F sports heated steering wheel? HUD is a safety feature which is pretty common among all newer models. Did you leave out a panoramic sunroof?
It's Ultra White/Black leather. I think the cold weather is a cheap option and includes the washer fluid heater, headlight washer, etc... it's separate on my build. Not sure what the norm is. Heated wheel was a separate option - and the pano sunroof is on my build as an option.
Old 10-20-15, 04:59 PM
JsGX460
Driver

Originally Posted by melodyqi
I notice that the combined "security system+" and triple LED lamps priced at $2250. We know Lexus said earlier that the security system would be priced below $650. That means the triple LED is costing $1600 to have. That is quite a price tag for triple LED lamps.
worth.every.penny

BMW's option for LED headlights is 1900.
Old 10-20-15, 05:19 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

pretty well loaded, but yea as someone else said I thought the Lexus Safety System was only suppose to be $650 guess not lol Congrats on the build post pics when you pickup
Old 10-20-15, 05:31 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
pretty well loaded, but yea as someone else said I thought the Lexus Safety System was only suppose to be $650 guess not lol Congrats on the build post pics when you pickup
Question of the day...did you pay full msrp?
Old 10-20-15, 05:31 PM
JsGX460
Driver

Originally Posted by coolsaber

Could it be that the Lexus Safety System is only $650, but that the + version (which includes radar cruise control) is what ups the price a bit?
Old 10-20-15, 05:35 PM
JsGX460
Driver

Originally Posted by Bearcat
Question of the day...did you pay full msrp?
We haven't gotten that far into discussions, but considering this is our 5th Lexus from the dealer - I'll get a discount of something. Might be a $1 discount, but I promise I'll be able to say I got it for 'under msrp'.

I did have them agree to not put on all the extra stuff like Lo-jack, and then try to upcharge $1000 over MSRP.
Old 10-20-15, 05:53 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!
Forum Moderator

Received 173 Likes on 147 Posts

Congrats JsGX460. Hope your 450h arrives very soon. It sounds like a sweet ride. You'll have to post pics when you get it home. I'm curious to see how ultra white compares to the aurora white only available on early 450hs. Now that was pretty intense. BTW, LED headlights with AFS, Intelligent High Beams and Headlamp Washer set me back $1,825 on my '10 450h. It was part of the luxury package early on but I opted for sport package instead. A pricey add on but worth it IMO. Good choice!
Old 10-20-15, 06:27 PM
Martin321
Driver

We haven't gotten that far into discussions, but considering this is our 5th Lexus from the dealer - I'll get a discount of something. Might be a $1 discount, but I promise I'll be able to say I got it for 'under msrp'.

I did have them agree to not put on all the extra stuff like Lo-jack, and then try to upcharge $1000 over MSRP.
As per Bay Ridge Lexus dealership in NY, they said a few week ago not to expect any discounts on the new RX. Tri beam LED set up sounds good, panoramic view with a big 12" + inch screen for that price sounds awesome to me. Plus an F sport package. That white is going to be ultra white, not sure if any other Lexus models have that kind of color so white as that.
Old 10-20-15, 09:17 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

I think MSRP will be basically the motto until the early rush is done which by the NX launch will be mid to end of spring 16.

I thought all RX will feature Lexus Safety System standard, with the additional active features being a surcharge of only $650. Leds are cheaper then BMW but the BMW is also active (they swivel with the steering angle).
Old 10-20-15, 09:18 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

I thought LoJack was redundant now that most vehicle mfgs offer onstar like subscription services directly?
Old 10-21-15, 03:51 AM
bwsteg
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Martin321
As per Bay Ridge Lexus dealership in NY, they said a few week ago not to expect any discounts on the new RX. Tri beam LED set up sounds good, panoramic view with a big 12" + inch screen for that price sounds awesome to me. Plus an F sport package. That white is going to be ultra white, not sure if any other Lexus models have that kind of color so white as that.

Every 15 lexus in white is ultra white, I believe. My 2015 Rx F sport is ultra white, not a new color...

Quick Reply: '16 RX450H F-Sport is on a train... westbound