RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

F-sport vs luxury

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-15, 04:35 PM
Mdme
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default F-sport vs luxury

am planning to get a 4RX and noticed that you can't get the luxury and f-sport combined. was wondering what you guys think about what is better?

I like the f sport for the AVS mainly. the styling is nice but the basic style is just as good to me. just making sure i get the triple beam LEDs!

the luxury package has the heated steering wheel, power folding rear seats, semi aniline leather etc.... (cost savings over the F sport too)

what are your opinions?

(getting the 450h by the way.
Old 10-04-15, 05:54 PM
melodyqi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same set of questions and I think they can only be answered by seeing and test driving the car when it is available. I think the sportier driving dynamics made possible by AVS in Sport+ mode, F SPORT tuned suspension, and VDIM will feel different to different people. How much difference can you feel from the regular RX in its various drive mode can only be answered during test drive for each person. I have watched many media test drive video reviews from their Portland trip. Some swore by the F-sport, and it was the only worthy choice. Some said they did not feel much, they felt the steering is on the light side, even on F-Sport, and they didn't like the sports seat because they are narrower and more confined, and that the regular RX has more comfortable seats, and they prefer the traditional dashboard over the single tachometer/digital speed display. So different people, different opinion. We have to wait and see.
Old 10-04-15, 07:10 PM
Martin321
Driver

Originally Posted by Mdme
am planning to get a 4RX and noticed that you can't get the luxury and f-sport combined. was wondering what you guys think about what is better?

I like the f sport for the AVS mainly. the styling is nice but the basic style is just as good to me. just making sure i get the triple beam LEDs!

the luxury package has the heated steering wheel, power folding rear seats, semi aniline leather etc.... (cost savings over the F sport too)

what are your opinions?

Triple beam LED's? I am listing to Lazer beams too.
Old 10-04-15, 07:27 PM
melodyqi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by martin321
triple beam led's? I am listing to lazer beams too.
:d:d:d:d:d

I don't know why my smiley faces did not show up.

Last edited by melodyqi; 10-04-15 at 07:31 PM.
Old 10-05-15, 05:44 PM
MerlinT
Rookie

Originally Posted by melodyqi
:d:d:d:d:d

I don't know why my smiley faces did not show up.

You have to use capital D
Old 10-27-15, 09:28 AM
Jetstar
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Luxury vs. F-Sport

F-Sport seems more utilitarian. With F-port can't get wood on steering wheel and only trim available on console is brushed aluminum. Luxury Package includes better looking trim and wood and leather steering wheel. Leather colors available on F-Sport are gray, black and red. Colors available in luxury pkg. are gray, black, parchment and noble brown.
Old 10-27-15, 10:11 AM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Also realize that if you want heated steering wheel that the wood part isn't heated.
Old 10-27-15, 09:20 PM
hon3kong
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearcat
Also realize that if you want heated steering wheel that the wood part isn't heated.
It's the same thing on the all leather wheel, only parts of the wheel are heated
Old 10-27-15, 10:37 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

AVS is a deal breaker for me. If the luxury version does not include AVS then I would pick the Fsport version of the car. I dont understand why Lexus does not let customers combine parts from Luxury and Fsport. They also deleted AVS from Luxury package. But include AVS in Luxury package in other countries?

My 14 GS 350 Luxury package has AVS and i love it. Once you go Lexus AVS other suspension systems can't compare. So if my GS with Luxury can have AVS why cant my 16 RX with Luxury have it too? Come on Lexus get with the program and let us have what we want!
Old 10-27-15, 11:29 PM
CaliTravel
Rookie

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
AVS is a deal breaker for me. If the luxury version does not include AVS then I would pick the Fsport version of the car. I dont understand why Lexus does not let customers combine parts from Luxury and Fsport. They also deleted AVS from Luxury package. But include AVS in Luxury package in other countries?

My 14 GS 350 Luxury package has AVS and i love it. Once you go Lexus AVS other suspension systems can't compare. So if my GS with Luxury can have AVS why cant my 16 RX with Luxury have it too? Come on Lexus get with the program and let us have what we want!
The RX will have the same AVS as your GS had... It's the same in the GS... only the F-Sport model offers the full AVS with S+, in the RX you will get AVS just not S+. Although I completely agree it's ridiculous you can't get an RX with the full AVS and Luxury package.
Old 10-28-15, 05:48 AM
melodyqi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CaliTravel
The RX will have the same AVS as your GS had... It's the same in the GS... only the F-Sport model offers the full AVS with S+, in the RX you will get AVS just not S+. Although I completely agree it's ridiculous you can't get an RX with the full AVS and Luxury package.
In the US market, RX will not have AVS (adaptive variable suspension). I think you are probably referring to the drive select mode, which RX does have. The drive select mode on RX allows you to alter the powertrain, steering, and air conditioning. What AVS does is adding the ability to change suspension. When you have AVS, the drive select mode has additional S+ mode, which will tighten suspension.

I agree that Lexus should allow RX to have AVS as option in the US market. That would make RX a lot closer to the F sports in terms of driving dynamics (minus the sports tuned suspension and VDIM). Or better yet, have a top of the line choice of "luxury sports" like in Australia market that allows you to have F sports AND luxury package.
Old 10-28-15, 06:00 AM
mikeivan
Driver

No AVS in Luxury 2016 RX? Then no deal for me. Once you have owned a Lexus with AVS, you can't go back.
Old 10-28-15, 09:06 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

I hope someone who works for lexus hears our opinions regaurding AVS and add this option last minute for the first batch coming to the US if not at least the second batch.
Old 10-28-15, 03:21 PM
shadowado
Driver School Candidate

Default Power Rear Seats in Luxury Pkg?

Originally Posted by Mdme

what are your opinions?

Mdme: How did you determine that luxury package comes w/ power folding rear seats? I'm getting conflicting info & trying to find out what real deal is (i.e., power folding rear seat actually included in Luxury pkg or it does not.)
Old 10-28-15, 03:53 PM
melodyqi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by shadowado
Mdme: How did you determine that luxury package comes w/ power folding rear seats? I'm getting conflicting info & trying to find out what real deal is (i.e., power folding rear seat actually included in Luxury pkg or it does not.)
From what I gathered, the RX 350's Luxury package includes the power folding rear seats. But for RX 450h, it is not part of its Luxury package. It is an option on its own. However, you have to get Luxury package in order to choose this power folding rear seat option. See the attached two sheets (US market), one is from RX350, one is from RX450h.
Attached Thumbnails F-sport vs luxury-img_0317.jpg   F-sport vs luxury-img_0328.jpg  

Quick Reply: F-sport vs luxury