RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

'16 RX Pricing is released for MSRP in U.S.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-15, 05:18 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin321
Can anyone tell me please. I have a budget of 52K, do you guys think that I will be able to get a decently optioned F sport one?
Not if you want the cool options.
Old 10-24-15, 05:29 PM
JsGX460
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HTOWNE
I am getting the first vehicle coming in at my dealership and it has HUD so I don't understand why they are saying 4-6 months. I also special ordered one that is coming 3 weeks after and it has the HUD.
How sure are you? Have you seen the build sheet with actual pricing? If your car is at port, anything in status 'a', it should be available.

do you know if yours is from Canada or Japan? You could be one of the few with a Japan build....
Old 10-24-15, 06:13 PM
ikey78
Driver

Originally Posted by Bearcat
Don't forget to add $940 for Delivery. Remember HUD is going to be special order and will take 4-6 months.
My dealer has shown me a window sticker of a Canadian built RX 350 that has HUD. This is one of the first RX's they are receiving and not a special order.
Old 10-24-15, 06:59 PM
Martin321
Driver

Not if you want the cool options.
I just need a big screen Nav with Blind spot monitoring system. I don't think I need a Mark Levinson sound system. I would also love to have a panoramic sun roof.
Old 10-24-15, 07:15 PM
HTOWNE
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JsGX460
How sure are you? Have you seen the build sheet with actual pricing? If your car is at port, anything in status 'a', it should be available.

do you know if yours is from Canada or Japan? You could be one of the few with a Japan build....
I have a copy of the build sheet. It is suppose to be here by the end of the month or Nov. 3rd, at the latest.
Old 10-25-15, 06:36 AM
mklemovitc
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't forget to add $940 for Delivery. Remember HUD is going to be special order and will take 4-6 months.
Yes, I was omitting the delivery charge in the comparison since they were about equal.

I special ordered my 2013 not long after they introduced that model year in Spring 2012. I had to wait almost 4 months for it but I didn't mind or regret it one bit. I got the exact color and option packages I wanted. I also got one of the first with BSM since that wasn't offered on the initial builds on 2012.

I live in Northern VA; so I have several dealers to choose among in the DC-MD-VA area and was thus able to direct my business to the one who was happy to work with me for a special order with no deposit or locked in price (Lindsay Lexus of Alexandria) vs. one who wanted a non-refundable deposit and seemed more interested in their sales numbers (are you listening Pohanka Lexus?). The manager said he wasn't worried if I'd make the purchase since it was a nice package and he was sure he'd sell it easily - even if not to me. He said that not in a cocky way, but in a manner that affirmed the attractiveness of the vehicle. Lindsay still ended up giving me $4k off MSRP once I came with pre-approved credit in hand to make the actual purchase. (It might have helped that this was my 4th Lexus and the third from them although that didn't come up in our discussion.)
Old 10-25-15, 12:48 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

If you want a decently equipped RX your looking at either $55-60K at least.

That pricing info for safety kit seems deceptive. I thought the kit was a standalone $650 option. Turns out its more like $2K (also inludes the triple beam)
Old 10-26-15, 12:00 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by mklemovitc
Thanks so much Bearcat for those spec sheets. That made my doubt over F Sport vs. non-F Sport go away. I really like the styling of the F Sport grill and trim elements much better than the base model. The VDIM intergated into the dashboard display is really a step up too.

I was concerned that not having the luxury option on F Sport would make me feel like I was giving up some of the nicer touches I enjoy on my current RX but I see from the details that's not the case.

My only remaining doubt is the feel to the F Sport seats vs. the standard ones. That's a very personal feeling so I'll have to wait until they're on the lot to clear that up.

The packaging really makes the model attractive to me. I've spec'd one out and it doesn't come in much different than the $59,995 MSRP of my comparably equipped 2013 RX450h.

$55,645 450h Fsport
$315 Cold Weather Pkg
$600 Color HUD
$2,250 Safety package + LED Headlights
$200 Touch free Power rear door
$1,510 12.3" display Navigation + ML Sound
$60,520
This is very similar to what I am looking for too, except I want to add:

$800 Panoramic View Monitor and Blind Spot Monitor W/RTCA
$500 Panorama Moonroof

I am wondering if the heated steering wheel comes with the Cold Weather Pkg or if I have to add:

$200 F SPORT Heated Steering Wheel
Old 10-26-15, 03:53 PM
hon3kong
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just placed an order for the 350 AWD with Luxury pkg. Should be able to pick it up in mid Nov. I wanted the f sport....but those coming in dont have the options i wanted, unless i special order one and need to wait 4 months...Cant believe all the f sports coming in are without panoramic view monitor, this is a must have option for me...there is 1 f sport i can get without panoramic view monitor, lexus safety +, triple beam LED, I dont think i will like it without these options. instead I am getting this luxury model with every option i wanted. oh well

Old 10-26-15, 07:31 PM
HTOWNE
Rookie

Originally Posted by hon3kong
I just placed an order for the 350 AWD with Luxury pkg. Should be able to pick it up in mid Nov. I wanted the f sport....but those coming in dont have the options i wanted, unless i special order one and need to wait 4 months...Cant believe all the f sports coming in are without panoramic view monitor, this is a must have option for me...there is 1 f sport i can get without panoramic view monitor, lexus safety +, triple beam LED, I dont think i will like it without these options. instead I am getting this luxury model with every option i wanted. oh well

What color did you pick?

Do you know what the two tone instrument panel looks like?
Old 10-26-15, 07:39 PM
hon3kong
Rookie

Originally Posted by HTOWNE
What color did you pick?

Do you know what the two tone instrument panel looks like?
ext white, int Noble Brown, m.s.r.p
no idea on the two tone
Old 10-26-15, 07:55 PM
hon3kong
Rookie

is it true that f sport doesn't have power folding mirror??? I can't find any, but my luxury package clearly has it as an option

Old 10-26-15, 07:58 PM
CaliTravel
Rookie

ext white, int Noble Brown, m.s.r.p
no idea on the two tone
Your configuration is almost identical to the one I want, except I want a 450h AWD. I've called multiple dealers and have been told "Lexus doesn't make loaded RX's without the rear entertainment system." I want pretty much everything except the rear screens. By the looks of your build they do build loaded RX's without rear entertainment systems.
Old 10-26-15, 08:21 PM
HTOWNE
Rookie

Originally Posted by CaliTravel
Your configuration is almost identical to the one I want, except I want a 450h AWD. I've called multiple dealers and have been told "Lexus doesn't make loaded RX's without the rear entertainment system." I want pretty much everything except the rear screens. By the looks of your build they do build loaded RX's without rear entertainment systems.
Mine is completely loaded with everything except the rear entertainment.

If you look at all of the RX350's listed on cars.com, I believe if they are $59,xxx, they are loaded with almost everything except the rear entertainment and power folding rear seats.

Last edited by HTOWNE; 10-26-15 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-26-15, 08:41 PM
qktnpfhs
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

It looks nice! I pre-ordered mine about a month ago and it was a F-sport model. It seems we have exactly the same options except for All weather floor mats with cargo mat.

Quick Reply: '16 RX Pricing is released for MSRP in U.S.