RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Anyone preordered '16 RX?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-15, 05:33 PM
Pfizer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone preordered '16 RX?

Hello guys,

Just wondering if anyone has preordered it so far, if so is there any discounts? I just did preorder a 2016 Lexus RX f sport. Sales manager told me no discount because they are expecting high demand and gave first allocation for color and package I wanted.
Old 09-12-15, 06:37 PM
HTOWNE
Rookie

I preordered a 2016 RX350 with the luxury package, 20" High Gloss Machined Alloy Wheels, Mark Levinson Stereo, etc. Actually I requested everything except for the rear entertainment. I chose Nebula Gray with the Noble Brown interior and with Gray Sapele Wood w/Aluminum trim. I will be trading in my 2014 Range Rover Sport that I purchased last August.

I also currently have a 2015 Lexus RX350 and just got rid of a 2014 Lexus GS350.

My only concerns with the 2016 are the blind spot in the right rear and less cargo space.

I did not discuss any pricing as I just assumed that it would be sticker price just like I paid for the Range Rover. It makes it easier for me as I hate negotiating and always wonder if I could have done better. I will have to negotiate my trade in, but I already have someone that will buy it if they don't give me what I want.

I hope I like it as I am at a loss of what else to buy. I would probably at least look at the 2016 Q7 and I do like the BMW X5, but trying to get away from BMW after 10 years of purchasing them. I am not really a fan of anything else out there. I do love the look and ride of the Range Rover Sport that I have and actually considered getting a 2016, but decided a complete change would be fun. My husband thinks I am crazy!

Last edited by HTOWNE; 09-12-15 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-12-15, 06:50 PM
HTOWNE
Rookie

Originally Posted by Pfizer
Hello guys,

Just wondering if anyone has preordered it so far, if so is there any discounts? I just did preorder a 2016 Lexus RX f sport. Sales manager told me no discount because they are expecting high demand and gave first allocation for color and package I wanted.

What color interior and exterior did you choose?
Old 09-13-15, 04:03 AM
Pfizer
Driver School Candidate

I asked for a ultra white with Rioja red interior, don't know the specs the car is coming with but I will get a call the next coming weeks once they have the full info about the first wave of 2016 rxs
Old 09-13-15, 07:03 AM
daveylin
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was a deposit required for the pre orders? If so how much?
Old 09-13-15, 08:25 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I did but I pulled my deposit. They were giving me the no discount BS - they said that the new RX is in high demand - Lexus in the UK is not in high demand and I expect a good discount for being a 12 year old customer with different cars purchased.

Audi was prepared to give me £4k off a new Q7 and that's just come out too. Once the initial ones come on the lot, they'll be giving hefty discounts as always here in the UK
Old 09-13-15, 06:15 PM
Pfizer
Driver School Candidate

They were asking $1000 I told them i was willing to give $500 they finally accepted $500
Old 09-14-15, 07:39 AM
ilv1004s
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

yeap preordered
i should have mine by begining of november
ordered
450H Sports luxury (top spec model fully optioned)
white ext
black int
black wood int trims
i think im getting mine before my dealer gets their demo
Old 09-14-15, 08:51 AM
macdee
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Preordered two months ago. The actual order was officially sent to factory on 9/10th (they were sending these in order of pre-orders
Should have specific delivery date once they actually start mass-producing these things (so far, scheduled for early October but can change depending on actual volume), but hopefully around early November delivery at this point.

Sonic Quartz 450h FWD Luxury
Noble brown interior
Black striped trims
Noise reducing tires option
Mark Levinson audio
12-inch display
AHS headlight option
in Japan, we also ended up getting the new ITS system installed for free in Tokyo and Aichi/Toyota areas, which is a totally cool piece of tech - Japanese vids, but check out if interested http://newsroom.toyota.co.jp/en/detail/4228240

the car can't come too soon
Old 09-14-15, 08:57 AM
JsGX460
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those of you who have placed orders, what kind of paperwork did you exchange? I had a discussion with my dealer and we reviewed an order, but they didn't really have any paperwork or a deal sheet for me to sign? The order banks/allocations are still closed apparently? Does anyone know otherwise? Basically I was told 'you'll get the first one that comes in with this configuration'
Old 09-18-15, 08:09 AM
melodyqi
Driver School Candidate

I hope someone who preordered can answer my question about Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS). Is this an option I can have on the non-F sports trim, or does it only come with F-sports? I am not sure I like the F-sports cosmetic part of changes, such as the grill, the digital speedometer. But I do like the driving dynamic changes enabled by AVS. I hope someone can help answer that. Thanks.
Old 09-18-15, 08:20 AM
mikeivan
Driver

I am with you on AVS. A must have for me. I have a version on my LX and it works great. It is available on the standard RX, but with fewer settings than the F-sport. Unfortunately, my dealer did not order the AVS option on any of the vehicles in his initial allotment from Lexus, so it will have to be a special order for me.
Old 09-18-15, 08:59 AM
melodyqi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mikeivan
I am with you on AVS. A must have for me. I have a version on my LX and it works great. It is available on the standard RX, but with fewer settings than the F-sport. Unfortunately, my dealer did not order the AVS option on any of the vehicles in his initial allotment from Lexus, so it will have to be a special order for me.
Thank you Mikeivan. Have you ever compared your LX+AVS with LX without it and how much difference AVS makes with just the regular Sport mode? My understanding is that the Sports+ mode will only come with F-sports trim. I hope I get to test drive regular RX, RX with AVS, and RX F-sports to see the difference when they come out to dealers.

Last edited by melodyqi; 09-18-15 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-18-15, 09:08 AM
macdee
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Guys, I might not be much of help with my Japanese catalog, but for what its worth…

AVS is listed as standard feature for both L and F Sport models, both 450h and 200t.
Doesn't look like you can have it as an option on base models though.

(black circles are default options, triangles are the ones which can be added "optionally")

Old 09-18-15, 10:13 AM
mikeivan
Driver

Originally Posted by melodyqi
Thank you Mikeivan. Have you ever compared your LX+AVS with LX without it and how much difference AVS makes with just the regular Sport mode? My understanding is that the Sports+ mode will only come with F-sports trim. I hope I get to test drive regular RX, RX with AVS, and RX F-sports to see the difference when they come out to dealers.
My LX has three settings: Comfort, Normal and Sport. The differences in the ride between the settings is very noticeable. I use comfort around town for the rough roads and potholes we have here and on unpaved roads, normal on the freeways and sport rarely on the 85 mph interstates we have in West Texas. Not sure you can buy an LX without AVS. I would not buy a 2016 RX without it.

Quick Reply: Anyone preordered '16 RX?