RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 4RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-17, 03:58 AM
Z3Harrier
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtom74
Let us know what you think about RX200T.. I'm thinking about getting my mom a 2017 RX, but can't decide I should get her 200T or 450H. Right now she drives Toyota Crown Athlete I have a 2016 RX 350 F-sport here in states.

Thanks
I already test drove it and it was good enough. I couldn't justify the extra cost of the 450h and since my harrier was the 2400cc version I thought it was fine. I have the Porsche when I want to go fast...which in recent years, almost never.

What engine crown does she have?
Old 01-25-17, 03:59 AM
Z3Harrier
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ericsan13
I don't think we get the RX200t in the states.
I'm assuming his mother is in Japan as she drives a crown athlete which is an Asian market car.
The following users liked this post:
ericsan13 (01-25-17)
Old 01-28-17, 06:55 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 378 Posts

I am giving my RX350 Luxury to the kid and picking up my 2017 RX450h today.

Not a new memeber but a new vehicle.
Old 01-28-17, 02:51 PM
AaronPDX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just picked up my 2017 RX450h F Sport in Nebula Gray Pearl/Black interior. Traded in my GX460 with 14mpg for more than double the mileage. Stoked

Old 01-29-17, 05:08 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

^^^ Congrats AaronPDX. The F Sport wheels are a perfect match to Nebula Gray. Enjoy your new h !

As for me, well, I'm officially back from a 2+ year hiatus. Enjoyed the NX but we got the bug to change for no other reason than for the sake of changing! Wife loved the NX but she's happy with our latest member of the Lexus family, welcome DarthRX!

Old 01-29-17, 05:31 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 116 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
^^^ Congrats AaronPDX. The F Sport wheels are a perfect match to Nebula Gray. Enjoy your new h !

As for me, well, I'm officially back from a 2+ year hiatus. Enjoyed the NX but we got the bug to change for no other reason than for the sake of changing! Wife loved the NX but she's happy with our latest member of the Lexus family, welcome DarthRX!

Cant wait for the mods to come.
JT4 (02-06-17)
Old 01-31-17, 03:30 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 239 Likes on 143 Posts

this isn't mine, but my mom upgraded from her 3RX F Sport to a 4RX F-Sport yesterday and she couldn't be happier. Car is ultra white with rioja red and is fully loaded with every option price was somewhere around $60000. now, my mom isn't a car person at all but i have never seen her stare at a car more and say how much she loves it every second. lexus really hit home with this car i love the way it drives too.
Old 02-03-17, 05:16 PM
temych
Driver School Candidate

First time Lexus owner here.
Initially I wanted Toyota 4Runner Limited (and I actually still do), but the car has not been updated for awhile (around 5-6 years, I do not count minor updates). And I know, that these two cars are from completely different classes. But why not. So we test drove RX 350 and liked it. The price we got for AWD model (not F-sport) was pretty close to the price we would pay for the 4Runner Limited.

What I like about my new RX 350 (model without navigation):
  • The look: it looks much more aggressive/appealing for me compared to previous models. I enjoy car interior too.
  • Car is relatively silent inside
  • Silent windows: it's like magic, you see the windows are going down, but you can't hear them
  • Electrochromatic side mirrors: very nice thing. However I dont see the reason why Lexus engineers did not make an entire mirror surface green (electrochroamatic).
  • Even stock sound system sounds good
  • Quick BT connect: although an absent of android support is annoying
  • The paint looks pretty hard/scratch resistant, compared to my Pathfinder: PF has a very soft clear coat and paint, which is easy to scratch.
  • Adaptive cruise control with lane assist is kind of cool.
  • Front emergency brakes - saved me once already.
What I am not quite happy with:
  • Acceleration lag: It feels like the car has a short lag after I push gas pedal and it actually accelerates even in the "spot" mode. I am aware that my version is not an F-sport, which may be more responsive. But still, I feel like even my Pathfinder (which much bigger than RX) is more responsive. Hope after break in it will go away.
  • MPG: if I drive completely in a city it is around 12 MPG; with 50% highways it can be 18.5 MPG. I would expect better MPG. I am still breaking in my car though (ODO says 900miles currently). Even in Econ mode, the best MPG in city was 14.
  • Windshield/Wipers: It looks like rain water sticks to the windshield (kind of). I dont know how to explain. I also own Nissan Pathfinder 2015 and rain water simply runs from it when I drive (It's like I dont even need to use wipers). In my RX when wipers slide over the windshield, it leaves a slight trace (like a fog) on the windshield. The trace disappears after a couple of seconds, but it is definitely visible and kind of obscure vision a little bit Not dangerous, but inconvenient.
  • Rain sensing wipers are useless (or I am using them wrong): I still cannot figure out what speed setting is suitable for me the best (that small ring in the frame on the right side handle). I keep adjusting it while driving in the rain and this defeats the entire purpose of having rain sensing wipers. In my PF I always set one setting and almost never adjust it.
  • Heated/Cooled front seats: It feels like they work with 50% power even at the highest settings - not Hot enough, not Cold enough compared to my Pathfinder.
  • Scout GPS link: it simply sucks. They could at least integrate a Road Import function from Google maps (or maybe Google does not want to share).
  • Cannot pause HD radio - probably because my model is without navigation and I do not have that big 12" screen.
  • Touchless trunk opener does not work reliably.
I already regret for not spending 4 more grands and getting an RX with navigation, nice RIMs, and 360 camera. My Pathfinder has that BirdView - panoramic camera, and apparently I got so used to it - parking on RX without it is just a torture.

Overall I am happy with the car.
Old 02-06-17, 01:52 PM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Congrats on the new RX's everyone..
Old 02-13-17, 06:06 PM
RXToronto
Driver School Candidate

2017 RX350
Nav/12.3" screen
Atomic Silver/Black
Executive Package (Canada)
20" wheels

Just got it on Friday and I'm in love!
Old 02-13-17, 06:38 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 507 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by RXToronto
2017 RX350
Nav/12.3" screen
Atomic Silver/Black
Executive Package (Canada)
20" wheels

Just got it on Friday and I'm in love!
congrats. That's the best colour in 2017 imho.
RXToronto (02-13-17)
Old 02-16-17, 09:03 AM
HOPPRX
Driver School Candidate

Default First time Lexus owner

2016 RX350 AWD
Navigation w/12.3" display
Caviar/Stratus Gray
Cold Weather pkg/Premium pkg
Blind spot monitor/20" split five spoke wheels/touchless power lift gate/heated ventilated front seats/intuitive park assist/Safety system+
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 4RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-wp_20161029_001.jpg  
Old 02-20-17, 08:44 PM
SeniorCPO
Driver School Candidate

Default First time Lexus Owner

2017 RX350 FWD
Red Mica/Parchment Leather with real bamboo trim and steering wheel
Premium pkg
All the bells and whistles except for 360 overhead camera

I am so glad that I purchased this awesome vehicle. I am now a proud owner of a Lexus!
Old 02-22-17, 05:08 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by HOPPRX
2016 RX350 AWD
Caviar/Stratus Gray
Cold Weather pkg/Premium pkg
Blind spot monitor/20" split five spoke wheels/touchless power lift gate/heated ventilated front seats/intuitive park assist/Safety system+
Originally Posted by SeniorCPO
2017 RX350 FWD
Red Mica/Parchment Leather with real bamboo trim and steering wheel
Premium pkg
All the bells and whistles except for 360 overhead camera

I am so glad that I purchased this awesome vehicle. I am now a proud owner of a Lexus!

Congrats to you both and welcome to the forum!
Old 02-27-17, 10:03 AM
sydv
Driver School Candidate

2016 RX 350 FWD Certified Pre-Owned with 7100mi
12.3 Navigation system
Silver Lining Metallic with black interior, blind spot monitor w/rear cross traffic alert,
heated ventilated front seats, heated espresso walnut steering wheel, touch-free power rear door.
18" wheels

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 4RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE