RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Cargo Cover flaps connectors

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-16, 08:10 PM
GibbsLexus
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Cargo Cover flaps connectors

Does anyone by change know of where I can get the flap clips for the tonneau cover (the part that exposes the gap between the cover and rear seats)? It would be nice for me to connect them so I can store the wife's umbrella or other crap there.
Old 11-02-16, 10:34 PM
dat dude
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Must be a damn nice umbrella to wanna hide it :P
Old 11-03-16, 06:00 AM
GibbsLexus
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dat dude
Must be a damn nice umbrella to wanna hide it :P
Lol. I'm not trying to hide it, just can use the hooks for the flaps. Then I can possibly use it to store umbrella and other things.
Old 11-03-16, 06:06 AM
F250
Lead Lap

Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts

It's not so much of a hiding effort as it is to have a nice out of the way "sling" which can be easily accessed by just reaching over the top of the rear seats. We do the exact same thing, and it works wonderfully. My wife also keeps her cold goods Costco bags folded over the top of the umbrella in the same spot... easy access, out of the way, and does not clutter either the rear seat floor or the rear cargo floor area.

Gibbs, can you explain exactly what the problem is you're having?

Loose clips? If it's loose clips, some have corrected this by simply wrapping a couple of wraps of electrical tape to make the fit more snug.

Broken clips? If the clips are broken, you might be able to make a DIY repair with some epoxy to form your own pieces, but that will be a messy and very tedious task. Otherwise, replacing the cover may be the only option. I don;t see how the injection molded clip can be replaced by itself with a new clip because if I recall correctly, the strap is sewn around the completely contained clip perimeter (unless you rip the strap seam and then re-sew it back together).

Broken clip holder on the seat backs? I expect this is a Lexus part which can be ordered, but have not been able to find a part number for it yet.
Old 11-03-16, 06:22 AM
GibbsLexus
Intermediate

I apologize for my lack of details. In place are existing covers (behind the seat) that don't serve a purpose. However the two flaps have u ring connectors. I need the hooks that goes where the covers are currently located.
Old 11-03-16, 06:32 AM
F250
Lead Lap

Just so I'm clear, you need the hooks which mount on the back of the seats, right? If so, I'm sure that the Lexus dealer can locate those parts for you and would expect their cost to be in the range of $3-$8 each. Obviously, installation would probably hit you for another $50-$100 or so (unless you have an existing solid relationship with the dealer).

I've searched the illustrated Lexus parts sites and just cannot find that hook indicated in the pictures (or don't recognize it as so given how Lexus may have named the part -- for all we know, it may be something like an "Auxiliary Connector", "Seat Trim", or some other inconspicuous part name).
Old 11-03-16, 06:43 AM
F250
Lead Lap

I FOUND IT --- Part Number 64928A, HOLDER, TONNEAU COVER HOOK, depending on color, it is $9-$12 at Lexus of South Atlanta. Full dealer cost is about $12-$15 each, again, depending on color.

Link >>> http://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.co...280E030A0.html

Picture below.
Attached Thumbnails Cargo Cover flaps connectors-tonneau-hook.jpg  
Old 11-03-16, 06:49 AM
GibbsLexus
Intermediate

Thank you both for the research. I've been searching for that off and on for a while. I'm going to get them soon. My man!!!!!!
Old 11-03-16, 07:29 AM
F250
Lead Lap

Just for completion... I got those part numbers while searching for them on my 2010 RX450h. They should be the same for a number of years between the hybrids and non-hybrids. Talk to the dealer to make sure you get the right parts for your vehicle, just in case the actual numbers are different from those for mine.
Old 11-03-16, 08:15 AM
GibbsLexus
Intermediate

Originally Posted by F250
Just for completion... I got those part numbers while searching for them on my 2010 RX450h. They should be the same for a number of years between the hybrids and non-hybrids. Talk to the dealer to make sure you get the right parts for your vehicle, just in case the actual numbers are different from those for mine.
When I get home this evening I'll pull the #s up and shop around
Old 10-07-19, 03:51 PM
Chrisfl80
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tonneau flaps

For a 2013 RX450h, where can I get just the flaps to add to my oem tonneau cover?
Old 09-21-20, 07:37 AM
nsnqst
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 2014 TX350; it has a cargo cover but not the flap which fills the gap between rear seats & cargo cover. Where does one get the flap?

I've attached 3 pictures which show the gap; easy to see contents of the cargo area through this gap and easy for thieves to break into and steal.

How it looks with the trunk open.

Left side

Through the small window looking inside the cargo area; easy to see contents

Originally Posted by GibbsLexus
Does anyone by change know of where I can get the flap clips for the tonneau cover (the part that exposes the gap between the cover and rear seats)? It would be nice for me to connect them so I can store the wife's umbrella or other crap there.
Old 09-21-20, 08:05 AM
Non
Intermediate

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by nsnqst
I have a 2014 TX350; it has a cargo cover but not the flap which fills the gap between rear seats & cargo cover. Where does one get the flap?
You know, you can just recline the back seats. That way you'll cover the gap. That's what I do.
Old 09-21-20, 08:22 AM
nsnqst
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Non
You know, you can just recline the back seats. That way you'll cover the gap. That's what I do.
Did that but it still leaves a gap - enough for someone to see what is inside. It doesn't take much for someone to look inside and break in :-(
Old 09-21-20, 11:27 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

The 2010 to 2012 (or 2013?) cargo area cover had the additional flap
attached to the roller housing and clips to attach to the seat backs.
The whole flap cover was deleted along with the seat back brackets
in 2013 (or 2014?). Chrisfl80 - just get a pre-2013 cover and the
brackets F250 posted.

The word "flap" is used here as both a noun and a verb...
"The cargo cover flap will flap annoyingly when not secured to the
out of reach seat back brackets"

Quick Reply: Cargo Cover flaps connectors