RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Looking at 2013 RX 350, is this a good price??

Old 08-24-16, 01:12 PM
hgill02
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at 2013 RX 350, is this a good price??

Looking at buying a 2013 RX 350 2wd for the wife (white exterior, grey interior), about 31k miles on it. It has pretty much every package on it: sports package (not F-Sport, but has the sports package with the front end etc), premium package, blind spot monitoring, front heated/ventilated seats etc.

They want $33,559 without the extended warranty. I am thinking I can get them to throw in the extended warranty (which is 6 years from original sale date of July 2013 with unlimited miles).

Is extended really necessary for this car (it was one owner and serviced every 5k miles at the Lexus dealership with the 30k mile service being completed)? I could probably get them to get down to 32,500 without extended warranty out the door.

Any advice will be helpful. I've owned other toyota's and Lexus ISF and never got the extended warranty before, but I've never owned a RX350 before. Also would everyone consider this a fair out the door price (wife really wants a white with grey interior for some reason).

This vehicle is to be our main travel vehicle that we plan to keep for the foreseeable future (hopefully till it dies).

Last edited by hgill02; 08-24-16 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-24-16, 01:56 PM
MellonC00
Instructor

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts

If it's a CPO you have the L Certified warranty. so it should go to 6 years without paying extra.

do you really have everything? How about Mark Levinson Stereo? 19 inch wheels? head up display?

I'd do for 31K if not CPO. If CPO, i'd pay 32.5K.

Old 08-24-16, 02:02 PM
hgill02
Driver

Originally Posted by MellonC00
If it's a CPO you have the L Certified warranty. so it should go to 6 years without paying extra.

do you really have everything? How about Mark Levinson Stereo? 19 inch wheels? head up display?

It does have the 19 wheels and I will have to verify the ML system. It said premium audio system, but definitely need to verify. It was listed as a CPO, but there were stating that if I wanted it at the lower price, they would remove the CPO certification?? I figure they were trying to basically remove the extended warranty.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...36082103&Log=0
Old 08-24-16, 02:13 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

From the listing pictures I can see that it does not have ML, but I had ML on mine and it's really not such a big deal. As long as it has the premium audio, it should be fine. The difference on these between premium and ML isn't that great.
Old 08-24-16, 02:17 PM
hgill02
Driver

Originally Posted by JDR76
From the listing pictures I can see that it does not have ML, but I had ML on mine and it's really not such a big deal. As long as it has the premium audio, it should be fine. The difference on these between premium and ML isn't that great.
Thanks for checking that. Yeah the ML isn't a big deal breaker, but hopefully something to use to adjust the price a bit. My wife hardly even puts the stereo on loud, she can get away with one speaker if needed. lol

I am just waiting to get as much other things needed to ask before I call back with the final offer.

Carfax showed rotors were resurfaced during 30k mile service, so need to find out if pads were replaced as well as find out about how much life is left on the tires especially if i decide to get it without CPO certification.
Old 08-24-16, 03:19 PM
MellonC00
Instructor

I'd go for the CPO option. I'm no fan of extended warranties (especially on an RX) but having the additional 2 years to address anything that comes up is a good thing to have. if they won't come down the price, negotiate some non cash items like free floor mats, free roof racks, free mud flaps (you need it even in CA), free tow hitch - even if you don't tow it comes in handy if you buy a Thule bike carrier, free clear bra. and if you are going to finance it, they get a kick back from Lexus Finance. Insist on cheap rates - you can get 1.9% for 60 months even on a used car if you deal with the finance mgr. and then, waive all other stuff that they are selling like gap insurance, additional extended warranty beyond the CPO period, pre-paid service contracts, and other non nonsensical items designed to trap sheeple into a debt hole.
Old 08-24-16, 03:20 PM
MellonC00
Instructor

oh, and if you need a mechanic in woodland hills/encino area, send me a PM. I've been going to the same company on Ventura blvd. the main reason why I kept the 01 RX all these years after 251K miles.
Old 08-24-16, 04:45 PM
hgill02
Driver

I'd go for the CPO option. I'm no fan of extended warranties (especially on an RX) but having the additional 2 years to address anything that comes up is a good thing to have. if they won't come down the price, negotiate some non cash items like free floor mats, free roof racks, free mud flaps (you need it even in CA), free tow hitch - even if you don't tow it comes in handy if you buy a Thule bike carrier, free clear bra. and if you are going to finance it, they get a kick back from Lexus Finance. Insist on cheap rates - you can get 1.9% for 60 months even on a used car if you deal with the finance mgr. and then, waive all other stuff that they are selling like gap insurance, additional extended warranty beyond the CPO period, pre-paid service contracts, and other non nonsensical items designed to trap sheeple into a debt hole.
I would like the CPO option if i can get it at the right price. The vehicle just received new tires and brakes at 30k miles, so i have called and gave them my final two offers (with and without CPO). ***** in their court now. Also told them I'll finance through them if they match my local credit union interest rate so they can get their little kick back. Let see what happens, I may be using your recommendation and getting some free stuff if the price is off a few hundred dollars.

oh, and if you need a mechanic in woodland hills/encino area, send me a PM. I've been going to the same company on Ventura blvd. the main reason why I kept the 01 RX all these years after 251K miles.
Will hit you up if anything big comes up. For the small stuff I have a local mechanic thats been working on my cars for some time now. But any big stuff, i'll hit you up
Old 08-24-16, 08:15 PM
jdlierle
Driver School Candidate

I got 98 gs300 still running like new, kinda. Just passed smog, and I swear it pretty much runs as good as the day I bought (the ac sensor does make noise)

How do u like the 13 RX, looking to get a used one for around $30-35K, or maybe an 09 with many more miles on it, but in the mid to low $20's
Old 08-25-16, 01:58 PM
Zmon
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

Price... could be better if non-CPO. I paid about 32k last December for mine w/o the sport appearance package and same mileage, otherwise optioned the same. No HUD or Luxury package from what it looks like. Just an FYI, as long as it has the nav package (which it does), it has the middle audio option, or premium option I guess (12 speakers vs non-nav 9 speakers, or 15 speaker ML as the top tier option)

TBH, I really wouldn't worry about CPO on these cars unless it's something that really bothers you if you plan on keeping it 5+ years.
Old 08-25-16, 09:16 PM
txcoupe
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

It's now listed at $31900. When I was looking about two months ago, best pricing seemed to be in CA as many came off lease and sold in auctions in your area. I ended up buying locally as I didn't want to take risk of not being able to inspect it personally. Not sure why Lexus Beverly Hills does not certify their cars - maybe to keep price lower than CPO
Old 08-26-16, 10:31 AM
MellonC00
Instructor

from what I understand (got a friend at Toyota), the CPO process actually involves some paint and body work which can add up in costs for the dealer/Toyota. It's a mystery as to how the cost is broken up between the two. All I know is that dealers really don't make that much off of CPO cars. In fact, they have a tough time giving any discounts once the price hits the online marketing channels.
Old 08-27-16, 12:08 AM
Chimney
Driver School Candidate

Default Out the door price or before TTL?

Thank you for this very helpful thread.
Can you please clarify:
31k out the door OR 31k before taxes and title?
Old 08-27-16, 12:11 AM
Chimney
Driver School Candidate

Default Let us know what your final out-the-door price is

[QUOTE=hgill02;9596222]I would like the CPO option if i can get it at the right price. The vehicle just received new tires and brakes at 30k miles, so i have called and gave them my final two offers (with and without CPO). ***** in their court now. Also told them I'll finance through them if they match my local credit union interest rate so they can get their little kick back. Let see what happens, I may be using your recommendation and getting some free stuff if the price is off a few hundred dollars.

Good luck! If you do purchase this car, can you let us know what your final price is, out the door?
Old 08-27-16, 08:23 AM
11bravo
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by hgill02
Thanks for checking that. Yeah the ML isn't a big deal breaker, but hopefully something to use to adjust the price a bit. My wife hardly even puts the stereo on loud, she can get away with one speaker if needed. lol

I am just waiting to get as much other things needed to ask before I call back with the final offer.

Carfax showed rotors were resurfaced during 30k mile service, so need to find out if pads were replaced as well as find out about how much life is left on the tires especially if i decide to get it without CPO certification.
99% chance the pads were replaced when rotors surfaced. CPO will not cover tires, so that is immaterial. I think Mellon's estimate is about right for what they will agree to. I would start around $30K without the CPO, and work from there. CPO is a bargaining chip for you if they stick to a price higher than you want to pay. The fact is, they already know exactly what they are going to agree to, but you don't. Start low, and work up slowly. As for price OTD or not, none of us should be talking about "out the door" because that is dependent upon state/local fees and taxes where you live.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking at 2013 RX 350, is this a good price??