RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Looking at 2013 RX 350, is this a good price??

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-16, 08:35 AM
11bravo
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by hgill02
Thanks for checking that. Yeah the ML isn't a big deal breaker, but hopefully something to use to adjust the price a bit. My wife hardly even puts the stereo on loud, she can get away with one speaker if needed. lol

I am just waiting to get as much other things needed to ask before I call back with the final offer.

Carfax showed rotors were resurfaced during 30k mile service, so need to find out if pads were replaced as well as find out about how much life is left on the tires especially if i decide to get it without CPO certification.
95% chance the pads were replaced when rotors surfaced. CPO will not cover tires, so that is immaterial. I think Mellon's estimate is about right for what they will agree to. I would start around $30K without the CPO, and work from there. CPO is a bargaining chip for you if they stick to a price higher than you want to pay. The fact is, they already know exactly what they are going to agree to, but you don't. Start low, and work up slowly. As for price OTD or not, none of us should be talking about "out the door" because that is dependent upon state/local fees and taxes where you live.
Old 08-27-16, 08:41 AM
hgill02
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The brakes and tires were replaced during the CPO certification per the dealership. After a ton of back and forth with the dealership, they refused to budge from 33,700 w/o CPO or 34,500 with CPO. Wife and I decided to keep looking as I couldn't justify going that high for that vehicle.
Old 08-27-16, 09:18 AM
txcoupe
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hgill02
The brakes and tires were replaced during the CPO certification per the dealership. After a ton of back and forth with the dealership, they refused to budge from 33,700 w/o CPO or 34,500 with CPO. Wife and I decided to keep looking as I couldn't justify going that high for that vehicle.
so what happened with their advertised price of 31900 which can includes CPO and clear price guarantee?
Old 08-27-16, 11:37 AM
Chimney
Driver School Candidate

As for price OTD or not, none of us should be talking about "out the door" because that is dependent upon state/local fees and taxes where you live.[/QUOTE]

Right, of course, but the initial post that started this thread included the following : "I could probably get them to get down to 32,500 without extended warranty out the door."

I am negotiating on a similar car in CA right now, without CPO. Negotiations have stopped at 34k out the door (which in CA means 31k before title and taxes). So I am trying to figure out if the CA poster who started this thread is quoting "out the door prices" or before title and tax prices. The 2013 RX350 I am bidding on has low miles (under 15k). What do you all think--is 31k before TTL a good deal or should I hold out for lower?
Old 08-27-16, 05:29 PM
11bravo
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by txcoupe
so what happened with their advertised price of 31900 which can includes CPO and clear price guarantee?
From what I can see, he never said it was $31,900...you said that, and how you knew that price when he was the one who posted...IDK. He suggested/surmised that he should be able to get it for a price which was clearly not going to happen.

Also, I missed that he had indicated in his thinking the price he was going to get it for was "out the door". I missed that.

Just a point...it is fruitless to talk about the cost of vehicle "out the door" anywhere outside your state. The only thing you can negotiate is the selling price of the vehicle..."out the door" means zip in a nationwide discussion.
Old 08-28-16, 12:45 PM
hgill02
Driver

@Chimney - I was talking about prices out the door including all sales tax and fees included. It would be the final price and not a cent more.

Pm if you have any questions
Old 08-28-16, 01:37 PM
gilrebel
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I am also looking for 2013-2014 RXs in Socal....running into same issue as OP. CPO will not discount much.

When I do find a good deal....I come with many questions Found a 2015 at Merc dealer with 20K miles for $31,994. Had minor scratches that could be buffed out but in test drive had a strange musky/musty odor that raised questions in mind. Was the price low because of that...not sure. Started at $37K and in 2 months came down to 32K. They wouldn't lower even 1 cent when I inquired about a better deal....but was gone in 1 week after I saw it. I checked out the car myself underneath inside for any collision damage but all the bolts, plastic popoffs in front engine bay, wheelwells, back diffuser etc. all looked original.

Also missed a another great deal for a 2013 with 33K miles and LCertified for $29K....2 hour drive and procrastination

Any tips from seasoned RXers what to look for when the price seems to good?
Old 08-28-16, 01:58 PM
Chimney
Driver School Candidate

Those prices are not including tax and title, is that correct, gilrebel? I am dithering on a 2013 RX350 right now. Very clean, very low mileage. But there are significant undercarriage rattles when we close the driver side doors, front and back. Dealer (non Lexus) said they repaired it. So the next day when we asked them if we could take it for inspection by a Lexus dealer, told us they had "tied it up, but it came loose again." Now they are offering us $150 credit toward the repair at a Lexus dealer, but even with the low miles on this car, I am having doubts that it's worth 34k out the door (31k before TTL) with an unresolved issue. Car fax is clean though.
Old 08-28-16, 02:02 PM
gilrebel
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Chimney
Those prices are not including tax and title, is that correct, gilrebel? I am dithering on a 2013 RX350 right now. Very clean, very low mileage. But there are significant undercarriage rattles when we close the driver side doors, front and back. Dealer (non Lexus) said they repaired it. So the next day when we asked them if we could take it for inspection by a Lexus dealer, told us they had "tied it up, but it came loose again." Now they are offering us $150 credit toward the repair at a Lexus dealer, but even with the low miles on this car, I am having doubts that it's worth 34k out the door (31k before TTL) with an unresolved issue. Car fax is clean though.
Yes...prices Without TTL Chimney. What else you looking for in "trouble areas" on the 2013-2015 models?
Old 08-28-16, 06:18 PM
11bravo
Pit Crew

As for price OTD or not, none of us should be talking about "out the door" because that is dependent upon state/local fees and taxes where you live.
Right, of course, but the initial post that started this thread included the following : "I could probably get them to get down to 32,500 without extended warranty out the door."

I am negotiating on a similar car in CA right now, without CPO. Negotiations have stopped at 34k out the door (which in CA means 31k before title and taxes). So I am trying to figure out if the CA poster who started this thread is quoting "out the door prices" or before title and tax prices. The 2013 RX350 I am bidding on has low miles (under 15k). What do you all think--is 31k before TTL a good deal or should I hold out for lower?[/QUOTE]

Chim, if you can get if for $31K, with 15K miles,I would jump all over that, provided the condition is excellent, as it should be with those miles.
Old 08-28-16, 08:28 PM
Chimney
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gilrebel
Yes...prices Without TTL Chimney. What else you looking for in "trouble areas" on the 2013-2015 models?
Not sure what to look for as far as "trouble areas" go. I am new to RX350s. We only discovered the undercarriage issue with the heat shield because my husband worked as a mechanic many years ago while in high school and college, so he opens and closes every door while listening carefully. I did read that some RX350s had an issue with the AC compressor coil that resulted in odd smells. Maybe that was the case with your 'car that got away' and if so, you're probably better off since I read that Lexus was not repairing those and it sounded very unpleasant. What trouble areas are you on watch for?
Old 08-28-16, 08:29 PM
Chimney
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 11bravo

I am negotiating on a similar car in CA right now, without CPO. Negotiations have stopped at 34k out the door (which in CA means 31k before title and taxes). So I am trying to figure out if the CA poster who started this thread is quoting "out the door prices" or before title and tax prices. The 2013 RX350 I am bidding on has low miles (under 15k). What do you all think--is 31k before TTL a good deal or should I hold out for lower?
Chim, if you can get if for $31K, with 15K miles,I would jump all over that, provided the condition is excellent, as it should be with those miles.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! That's helpful. Even though it doesn't come with COP, it seems like a solid deal, if the Lexus mechanic gives it a clear bill of health tomorrow.

Last edited by Chimney; 08-28-16 at 08:34 PM.
Old 08-28-16, 09:31 PM
gilrebel
Driver School Candidate

Not sure what to look for as far as "trouble areas" go. I am new to RX350s. We only discovered the undercarriage issue with the heat shield because my husband worked as a mechanic many years ago while in high school and college, so he opens and closes every door while listening carefully. I did read that some RX350s had an issue with the AC compressor coil that resulted in odd smells. Maybe that was the case with your 'car that got away' and if so, you're probably better off since I read that Lexus was not repairing those and it sounded very unpleasant. What trouble areas are you on watch for?
Same boat...new to used RX350s so trying to get a "feel" on what parts of vehicle to check ...especially when the deal sounds "too good to be true" which I have encountered twice in last 3 weeks. Thanks the AC Coil issue...was unaware of that. What is the undercarriage heat shield issue?

Also...what part of Socal you in....if I see a deal in your area I can PM you.
Old 08-29-16, 09:29 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by txcoupe
I was wondering the same thing.

Originally Posted by 11bravo
From what I can see, he never said it was $31,900...you said that, and how you knew that price when he was the one who posted...IDK. He suggested/surmised that he should be able to get it for a price which was clearly not going to happen.
The autotrader link the OP posted of the subject car stated it was $31,900.
Old 08-29-16, 11:39 AM
jdlierle
Driver School Candidate

I'm looking for used RX too. My local dealer says the used car price is set in stone (but there cars look brand new, where as another lexus dealer about 20 minutes further away, the cpo cars did look used but slightly better prices)

Tried true car for new pricing, but nothing would come up. Does costco work. It seems like the lexus dealers in my area (socal Ventura) work together and do not comptete agaisnt each other, at least on the internet side.

Any tips to getting a better price. Any lexus loyalty discounts. Maybe the dealers will deal more at the end of the month?

Quick Reply: Looking at 2013 RX 350, is this a good price??