RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

lane change blinker upgrade

Old 08-03-14, 07:17 AM
xvimalx
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Default LED Turn Signals

Just curious if anyone has used this flasher fix from VLED to correct hyper flashing of the LED turn signals on their RX. I believe you can plug this into the IS and it will correct the issue without having to install the load resistors. More of a "plug and play" solution.

http://www.vleds.com/flashers-module...r-fix-jso.html

Thanks in advance for your input!
Old 08-03-14, 07:15 PM
dwlink
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$20 for a 50 cent relay?!?! Please tell me you didn't buy that
Old 08-04-14, 08:27 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

I don't what resistors MEP used for his LED blinkers. There's a picture of them in the last post here. I think he got them off eBay. There's always a question of quality going that route though. And from what he said, you might have some difficulty with the rear bulbs. I remember the space is pretty tight. VLEDs should be fine. I have many of their bulbs but went with chrome blinker bulbs instead to avoid adding resistors. They're truly 'plug and play.'
Old 08-04-14, 11:40 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
I don't what resistors MEP used for his LED blinkers. There's a picture of them in the last post here. I think he got them off eBay. There's always a question of quality going that route though. And from what he said, you might have some difficulty with the rear bulbs. I remember the space is pretty tight. VLEDs should be fine. I have many of their bulbs but went with chrome blinker bulbs instead to avoid adding resistors. They're truly 'plug and play.'
Agree with chrome blinker bulbs as most attractive solution and probably (IANAL) satisfies US DOT and state laws.

-Eric
Old 08-05-14, 01:25 AM
xvimalx
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dwlink
$20 for a 50 cent relay?!?! Please tell me you didn't buy that
Haha I did not purchase. Wanted to get the forums take first.
Old 05-25-16, 08:19 PM
bankr
Driver School Candidate

Default lane change blinker upgrade

Been a long while since I last posted.
2013 RX 350, how to add this feature to give 3 blinks or more with partial movement of turn signal lever.
Thank you.
Bankr
Old 05-26-16, 03:55 AM
inmypocket
Driver School Candidate

Tapturn Flasher relay is what you are looking for.

http://www.autowindow.com/
Old 05-26-16, 05:15 AM
airboss
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try this post.....
Old 06-02-16, 04:02 PM
Jadon
Driver School Candidate

I would like to have this feature too. Don't know how.
Old 06-02-16, 06:18 PM
Droid13
Racer

Received 479 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by Jadon
I would like to have this feature too. Don't know how.
I was intrigued by the second post about the upgrade flasher from autowindow, so I ordered one. Probably will be next week before I get it and who knows when I'll have a chance to install, but when I do I'll try to post some experience information.
Old 06-02-16, 06:53 PM
CanadianRX
Pit Crew

Please post some info on the flasher relay install. I've had one sitting here with my led signal bulbs for a year but haven't had time to install them due to 2 kids under 3 years of age lol
Old 06-03-16, 03:05 PM
Jadon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Droid13
I was intrigued by the second post about the upgrade flasher from autowindow, so I ordered one. Probably will be next week before I get it and who knows when I'll have a chance to install, but when I do I'll try to post some experience information.
I only see RX450h supported. Not 350.
Old 06-04-16, 05:53 AM
inmypocket
Driver School Candidate

Like most Toyotas and Subarus, the 350 uses the same flasher relay.

The relay is easy to get to, but difficult to remove. There is very little room to place your fingers. You will need to remove the bottom plastic covering off the steering column, turn on the hazards and follow the "clicks"
Old 06-06-16, 06:19 PM
Droid13
Racer

Received 479 Likes on 333 Posts
Default It's done!

OK, done. Wasn't as hard as I feared. Completed the task "almost" without any tools.

Step #1: Pop away the right side of the panel under the POWER button. There's just 3 clips holding this side in. I grabbed underneath with right hand and in beside the steering column with left hand and gently popped out the bottom clip, then reached up and popped out the two top clips. The panel is flexible enough to work in this area without having to remove the left side of the panel, just gently bend it back out of the way.

Pop out right side panel

Step #2: The flasher is just up underneath the dash. Turn the hazards on and you can quick hear/feel the flasher. Detach the wiring harness. The flasher is mounted using a white clip inserted in a metal hole. I just grabbed the entire flasher and wiggled it out of the hole mount.

Flasher location

Flasher location 2

Step 3: The tap turn flasher I used was identical to the original in appearance. Remove the white mounting clip from the old flasher and put on the new flasher. This is the only time I needed a tool. For the life of me, I could not figure out what keeps this clip on. I had to screwdriver it for a few minutes. Even after getting it off I still could not tell how it clips on, but when I put it on the new flasher there was a satisfying click that it was in place.

Tapturn flasher with strobe option

Step 4: Push the new flasher back into the mounting hole and reconnect the wiring harness. Test flasher, pop panel back in place.

Flasher mount location

Step 5: Program cool options. I turned the strobe options on for the signal lights, Here's a video link shows hazards in strobe mode, hazards in strobe wigwam mode, and signal indicator in strobe mode.

Last edited by Droid13; 06-06-16 at 06:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Pupule7 (03-13-21)
Old 06-14-16, 02:09 PM
klwagoner
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone know if Tap Turn works on an 2013 RX350? I've read all the posts but am not clear on that.
Websites shows: 450h 2009 and newer.

http://www.autowindow.com/install-instructions

Thank you!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lane change blinker upgrade