RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Tires at Costco

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-16, 07:10 AM
BP1203
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires at Costco

Anyone ever buy tires at Costco? Need to get new tires for the wife's RX.

Before I commit (price is right on the replacement Michelins) just wanted to hear others' experiences.
Old 04-19-16, 08:06 AM
Yurka
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I got Michelins on my old ES and 2010 RX, they give you warranty for 50000 miles i believe, flat replacement and everything, plus if (idk if youre leasing a car or financing or its already yours), say you dont have free maintenance with Lexus anymore under the warranty so if you wanna do oil change you pay about $100, plus when you do that you must do wheel alignment as well, at the lexus i go to it costs about $150, so Costco actually provides you with such service every 5000 miles, i go few days before my oil maintenance appointment, get free wheel alignment and then do oil change, saves me about $150 every time, so thats a plus, but if you have free maintenance with Lexus then i guess it doesnt really matter
Old 04-19-16, 08:12 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,091 Likes on 931 Posts

I have bought several sets of tires from Costco and know they do free tire rotation every 5,000 miles, plus flat repair, but was not aware they did alignments. I think alignments are beyond their capabilities and I have not seen an alignment machine at my local Costco. However, free tire rotation is a nice bonus. I suspect Yurka meant rotation rather than alignment.
Costco also fills your tires with Nitrogen and offers a hose with free Nitrogen to self service top up your tires when visiting the store. The ease of service, and great pricing makes them a great choice if you want to put Michelin or Bridgestone tires on your vehicle.
Old 04-19-16, 08:35 AM
Leap
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i've bought multiple sets at different Costcos and they have never been able to do alignment, so that is a little bit of a hassle. I go with them though because of the price, the service is usually decent, and they have good warranties.

The only other problem I've had with them is they like to take your valve caps and replace them with random ones. I always have to go back in and get my original caps back. Some people don't care.
Old 04-19-16, 10:13 AM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

I avoid Washington Costcos as their tire department is understaffed. It's always a challenge to find someone at the front desk and a 2-3 hour wait just to have your tires rotated. Doesn't matter if you go on a weekday or weekend, same problem. I love Costco but I'll take my business elsewhere to save time.
Old 04-19-16, 10:43 AM
tincan13
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We don't have a Costco here, but we have a Sams Warehouse which is about the same thing. First, I save about $80.00 on a set of four Pirelli tires at Walmart. So do a price check at other stores. Second, I just found out that the 60,000 mile road hazard warrantee is only good for FOUR years or the mileage -- which ever comes first. I bought a set of 60,000 mile Dunlop tires at Sams four and a half years ago with a road hazard guarantee. Last week I suffered a cut in the side wall after hitting an object in the road. I had only 32,000 miles on the tires but it was not covered under the warrantee due to the age of the tire.
Old 04-19-16, 09:50 PM
rj4510
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

I've bought several sets at Costco, but easier to buy from discount. If you're traveling and have a tire issue, there are discount tire stores in every crack of a town. Not so with Costco. While I like the, and feel they provide a great value, trying to find a store in a pinch can be tough.
Old 04-20-16, 03:17 AM
lex_rx
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

No alignment in Costco but they will also balance your other set for free if you bought a set from them. Costco also has been using nitrogen for tires for years now.
Old 04-20-16, 12:36 PM
ColAngus
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Bought my Blizzaks there. Cheap and great service.
I will also note that they robbed my nice valve stem caps and replaced them with tacky green ones... Boo!
I'd buy from there again. Actually I'm going to log on and check them out later.
Old 04-20-16, 01:29 PM
Clutchless

Received 1,091 Likes on 931 Posts

They use the green valve stem caps to indicate the tires are filled with Nitrogen. If I had nice metal ones originally like those provided by Lexus for the TPMS, I would prefer to keep them too.
Old 04-23-16, 08:22 PM
Yurka
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Yup, my bad, i meant to say rotation & balance. They have good deals towards xmas time
Old 04-25-16, 09:10 AM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Costco has good pricing on tires, take advantage of their coupons, $70 off a set of 4, can not beat it.

Your manufacturer's warranty is carried over any place you go to. If you find the time to read the warranty, you can take it to any tire store and invoke the maker's warranty. The store will gladly replace-repair under warranty.

Again best bet is to go to the tire maker's website to check the details.
Old 04-25-16, 08:33 PM
tincan13
Driver

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Costco has good pricing on tires, take advantage of their coupons, $70 off a set of 4, can not beat it.
s.
The coupons are Manufactures' coupons and can be gotten at any tire store.
Old 04-26-16, 09:19 AM
Jadon
Driver School Candidate

Default I had better experience at America's Tires

I had my minivan changed at Costco and my RX at America's Tires for the same type of Michelin. Both are good. But with appt, America's Tires can finish the job in 45mins. At costco, it would be 1+ hrs. Besides, America's tire always match the price to competitors. They even waived the TPMS rebuild cost for me.
Old 04-27-16, 10:10 PM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

I agree with Jadon. I used to buy Michelins exclusively from Costco, but after extremely slow service a few years ago, and after taking my RX to America's Tire (Discount Tire) I am convinced their service far exceeds Costco, Roseville, CA. They matched Costco's price and rebate too. When I bring my babies in for the free 5,000 mile rotation, they balance the wheels and and set the tire pressure, all free. They are very-much customer service oriented.
Ray A.

Quick Reply: Tires at Costco