RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Replacement wiper blades with instructions (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-11, 09:29 AM
sightdev
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Replacement wiper blades with instructions (merged threads)

Just replaced a pair with Goodyear brand from Costco. Costco is currently running buy one get one free deal so $8 will buy a pair. I have used this on my other vehicles and I absolutely have never used anything quieter and better performing wiper blade [28yrs of driving]. This is the newer design that is one piece so it’s perfect during winter months when sometimes snow buildup between the blade and arm will reduce wiping performance. Its also aero designed so it reduces “lifting” in high speed [just like OEM]. Its not listed in wiper catalogue but its “J” type arm and uses 26inch on driver and 22inch on passenger just like the Gen2RX.
Old 09-28-11, 11:17 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Rear is 14 inch BTW. Too bad I have OE refills already. They will be changed by the dealer in November when I bring in the RX for service so I'm set for a while. Thanks for the review.
Old 09-28-11, 02:51 PM
timlrx11
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sightdev
Just replaced a pair with Goodyear brand from Costco. Costco is currently running buy one get one free deal so $8 will buy a pair. I have used this on my other vehicles and I absolutely have never used anything quieter and better performing wiper blade [28yrs of driving]. This is the newer design that is one piece so it’s perfect during winter months when sometimes snow buildup between the blade and arm will reduce wiping performance. Its also aero designed so it reduces “lifting” in high speed [just like OEM]. Its not listed in wiper catalogue but its “J” type arm and uses 26inch on driver and 22inch on passenger just like the Gen2RX.
Thanks for sharing. I will have to check this out.
Old 09-28-11, 03:17 PM
mac12
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just changed out a pair on my 07 Avalon. They were perfect for almost 5 years. I replaced them with the same and the cost was around $47. I imagine the Lexus OEM will be quite a bit more than that.
Old 09-28-11, 03:37 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks for this info.
Old 09-29-11, 05:53 AM
ycl1688
Driver

Smile

Originally Posted by sightdev
Definitely a great buy, it is one the best I have ever used.
These are fantastic wipers, well built ones, I bought two extra sets, in case costco will not get the stocks anymore, I am home free for the next 3 years hopefully.

Last edited by ycl1688; 09-29-11 at 05:59 AM.
Old 09-29-11, 07:29 AM
sightdev
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ycl1688
Definitely a great buy, it is one the best I have ever used.
These are fantastic wipers, well built ones, I bought two extra sets, in case costco will not get the stocks anymore, I am home free for the next 3 years hopefully.
This is a really good wiper and still working good after two years in my other vehicle. most premium wipers i have used in the past lasted about a year but this seems to last longer. two kids in travel hockey, i drove all over East in winter months so good working wiper is very important. can't beat the Costco price of $8 and with current promotion, a pair for $8.
Old 11-15-11, 06:26 PM
fatass
Driver School Candidate

Thks for sharing...I was hunting for the sizes but nowhere in the manual tells me what they r ....cheers!
Old 11-17-11, 09:11 PM
fatass
Driver School Candidate

The rear for RX450 is not 14 " it should be 16"
Old 01-17-13, 08:07 PM
N8dagr8
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question wiper blades - replacement/upgrades

I Need To Replace The Wiper Blades On My '10 RX 450H.

I'm Looking A PIAA Silicone Refills. I Actually Like The Housing That Is On The Car So Not Really Looking To Replace The Entire Blade/Assembly.

http://www.piaa.com/store/p/315-Sili...26-650Mm-.aspx

Thoughts? Suggestions? Anyone Use These? Anyone Know The Rear Wiper Size?

Thanks,

N8
Old 01-17-13, 08:48 PM
Hiroslamme
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure if you could use the PIAAs in the Lexus blade frame, I too like the heavy frame and just purchased the blade refills for all three from Sewell Lexus for $22.00. It took about 5 minutes a blade and worked just like new.
The following users liked this post:
tonyro56 (11-10-21)
Old 01-18-13, 09:54 AM
mac12
Intermediate

After having a ton of problems with Toyota OEM replacement wiper blades for my Avalon, I wouldn't buy anything for the RX except the OEM ones. Stay away from the replacements.
Old 01-18-13, 09:18 PM
N8dagr8
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mac12
After having a ton of problems with Toyota OEM replacement wiper blades for my Avalon, I wouldn't buy anything for the RX except the OEM ones. Stay away from the replacements.

I Ended Up Answering My Own Question...Found A Pair Of The 22" (Passenger Side) Replacement Wipers I Had. They Are Too Thin.

Just Went By The Dealer And Bought The inserts For $10 Each.

The Blades Are 26, 22 And 16 - In Case Anyone Else Is Curious.
Old 10-21-13, 11:51 AM
K1200ltc
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Replacement wiper blades

It's that time of year again when I try to get my cars ready for winter. One of the items I'm kind of a stickler about is wiper blades. I think I've tried 'em all and the best I've found for my Minnesota winters (and summers) are the Valeo 900 series blades. Fortunately they are made for everything I'm in charge of (Audi, Mercedes & Lexus).

The 2010 RX350 takes two different size blades, a 22" for the passenger side and a 26" for the drivers side. They're easy to install with the help of a small flat bladed screw driver to pry up the cover that locks the blade to the arm. The RX uses the standard U-Hook mounting found on everything Toyota and the old blades are easy to remove and the new ones slide right on with a little extra tug at the end to lock the blade to the arm. Cover folds down securing everything.

I've found these Valeo 900 series blades to shed water, ice and snow and whatever else spoils your view. They can be found online at RockAuto and Amazon and some local dealers. (I've no affiliation with any brand or vendor of anything automotive.).

Good Luck and drive safe!

K1200ltc

Old 10-21-13, 01:49 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Don't forget about the blade for the rear of your RX.

Quick Reply: Replacement wiper blades with instructions (merged threads)