RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Looking at 2014 F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-16, 11:42 AM
Yurka
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Looking at 2014 F Sport

I was browsing online today and came across a 2014 CPO F Sport in Deep Sea Mica color, great combo, nice condition in and out with only 20k+ miles on it. Fully loaded as to way more than my current RX, and Its at $34k right now i want to check it out on person this wednesday, already scheduled a test drive. Since my 2010 recently has been in an accident unfortunately for me, i would not be able to sell it to a private party for a good amount, however at the dealership they dont really look at it, i had an approx value done at a local dealership and it came up to 20-22k in the shape that it is right now after the repairs. Is it a fair deal for the F Sport?
Old 02-29-16, 12:11 PM
NRX
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does CarFax / AutoCheck check-out? If yes, then I think it's worth a test drive.
Old 02-29-16, 01:13 PM
Yurka
Intermediate

Yes everything is good and clean
Old 02-29-16, 02:59 PM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yurka, you might still be able to trade the car in and it appear as clean on carfax as it takes them a couple of months to record the accident.
Old 02-29-16, 05:04 PM
bwsteg
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thats a good price. I have a 2015 fsport with 1,200 miles that I went to get appraised today at dealership and was offered $40k trade-in. Im sure I can fight for another couple thousand.
Old 02-29-16, 08:08 PM
Yurka
Intermediate

Originally Posted by B16da9
Yurka, you might still be able to trade the car in and it appear as clean on carfax as it takes them a couple of months to record the accident.
Thats good to hear and ill give it a shot see maybe i can fight the difference down a little bit more so i have less to pay out, hopefully can get a good deal on it
Old 02-29-16, 09:35 PM
kh4nh
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I am in the market for a used RX350 as well. $34K for a 2014 RX350 F Sport with 20K+ miles is a great deal. I am looking at a similar car, 2014 RX350 F Sport with 26K miles but the dealership wants $42K and they would not budge. Should I hold out for a cheaper deal? What is a good price?
Old 02-29-16, 09:44 PM
Yurka
Intermediate

i think 42 is a little too much, i found 2014 F sports in mid $30k, most expensive i saw was i believe 37 or 38k with about 26-30k miles on it, but at the same time prices may vary depending on where you live
Old 03-01-16, 05:22 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Make sure you give it a good test drive over all types of road surfaces. I say this because although the F-Sport is 4 years newer than your current RX, the ride is going to be much rougher.

We have a 15 F-Sport and don't mind the trade off of some comfort for better handling, not to mention the overall look of the F-Sport. However, I could definitely understand someone such as yourself coming from a non F-Sport thinking the ride is too harsh.

Good Luck..

Last edited by JT4; 03-01-16 at 05:25 AM.
Old 03-02-16, 09:22 PM
Yurka
Intermediate

well it was a fail today. Called the dealership in NJ in the morning they said everything was good, they had the vehicle and when i got there they said they just sold it... obviously str8 up began offering me a brand new 2016 F sport .. gonna be on a look out for a used car with a good deal, meanwhile sticking to bae
Old 03-03-16, 03:38 AM
airboss
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Yurka
well it was a fail today. Called the dealership in NJ in the morning they said everything was good, they had the vehicle and when i got there they said they just sold it... obviously str8 up began offering me a brand new 2016 F sport .. gonna be on a look out for a used car with a good deal, meanwhile sticking to bae
I gotta wonder if that really works for them, or if (as it does me) it just costs them a customer.

Last week, flew into a city I had business in, rented a car and drove two hours to see a vehicle I'd make an appointment to see. When I got there, the person I'D SPOKEN TO ON THE PHONE didn't even exists (they have 'internet people in the back room' who deal with e-mail and calls), and the car had NEVER been there. It was at one of their sister sites and got put on the wrong website. They were sure willing to sell me a Honda Pilot, below invoice, as I was steaming mad. Uh, no, I didn't come to buy a Honda.

Last night, I had a $360 ticket to fly out to a central state, to buy a great looking 2015 I'd looked at last week. We had parted $500 apart, and I had finally decided to go get it. They wouldn't come down the $500 and I had decided it was worth it. When I said something about 'based on your own website kbb trade value, you have to have some profit in this car' the internet sales gal made a snide comment about 'you know nothing about the car business, you should stick to what you do and let us worry about our profit margins'. Guess who's not going to fly out today.

I have to be in that city again next week, so we'll see if after holding the car for three weeks (over $500) they're willing to come down to my original offer.

Don't even get started on them telling me about the 'mandatory state dealer fee' - not true.
Old 03-03-16, 05:24 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Yurka
Hopefully you didn't have to drive too far into NJ from Brooklyn, but It still stinks that you had to waste your time because the dealer lied to you.. Dealers have been pulling these games for years and it is really frustrating that they continue to use these tactics with no regard for the customer.

I wouldn't give them my business, you may want to even mention their name on the forum so other members are aware of who they are.

I'm sure the right deal will come along for you..
Old 03-03-16, 10:01 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Yurka, guess it wasn't meant to be. There's another RX out there for you. We have tons of dealers around us (obviously some better than others) so that won't be difficult to find. Hopefully you took advantage of the cheap gas prices in Jersey. Good luck in your search.
Old 03-06-16, 05:10 AM
twotogo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the 3 months prior to buying my car, I quickly realized that pre owned '13-15 F-Sports that are priced right do not last long in inventory. Probably because folks like you and I are lurking just waiting on the price to drop within an acceptable range for our purchases. I got my '13, non-CPO, prev. leased vehicle, purchased for $32k with 37k miles. I probably could've negotiated slightly lower but there were 3 appointments to see that car the same day, so they said. So if you find one you like with a clean history, maybe not even CPO, at a decent but maybe not the rock bottom price you want, make a move on it and enjoy your new vehicle. Especially if its being financed or offset by a large down payment (your prev. vehicle as a trade), a few hundred dollars won't break you, right?
Old 03-06-16, 05:39 AM
airboss
Pit Crew

There is a 2015 on ebay right now, 6k miles, but it has been wrecked, re-built, with clean title. Looks like a pretty good bargain to me, but no way to know what kind of damage it suffered.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-RX-RX3...m=121915164621

Quick Reply: Looking at 2014 F Sport