RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Finalizing RX 350

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-16, 07:32 PM
fre3way3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finalizing RX 350

I'm in the process of finalizing a CPO 2013 RX 350 with 33k miles for 35,382 out the door price. The dealer isn't going below this price. How good of a deal is this? Some of you mentioned asking for accessories. Is there anything in particular I should ask for?
Old 02-11-16, 07:50 PM
Mors
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What packages and options does this come with, because that affects the price tremendously.
Old 02-11-16, 08:38 PM
fre3way3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mors
What packages and options does this come with, because that affects the price tremendously.
Navigation and blind spot monitoring system
Old 02-12-16, 05:39 AM
rj4510
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

AWD? Luxury package or anything else driving this price point?
Old 02-12-16, 08:07 AM
Mors
Pole Position

Is it F Sport? For F-Sport, this may be an ok price. If not F-sport, then you should get another $1000 off I would think (my opinion of course). Do you have a link to the car?
In the end, it's up to you on if you want that vehicle for any price. Were you able to look at the service history? If the car was serviced at a lexus dealer, any dealer should be able to look it up and print it out for your.
As far as accessories, you can usually get a cargo net and/or spider net and/or gloves for your keys (if the car doesn't already come with those).

Last edited by Mors; 02-12-16 at 08:09 AM. Reason: modified text to add "my opinion"
Old 02-12-16, 08:42 AM
fre3way3
Driver School Candidate

Is it F Sport? For F-Sport, this may be an ok price. If not F-sport, then you should get another $1000 off I would think (my opinion of course). Do you have a link to the car?
In the end, it's up to you on if you want that vehicle for any price. Were you able to look at the service history? If the car was serviced at a lexus dealer, any dealer should be able to look it up and print it out for your.
As far as accessories, you can usually get a cargo net and/or spider net and/or gloves for your keys (if the car doesn't already come with those).
Regular RX 350 AWD with comfort package, navigation, and parking assistant. Non-F sport model. Car was priced for 33k and came down to 32k before taxes and fees. Dealer is prestige lexus if that makes any difference.
Old 02-12-16, 09:38 AM
Mors
Pole Position

From looking at TrueCar prices, I think it's a good price. Not a great price, but still definitely fair. Blind Spot, Parking Sensors, Nav, Comfort Pkg (HID, heated/ventilated seats).
I'm going to assume you're aware that 2013 doesn't have Siri Eyes Free. That feature started with the 2014's I think, so if you have an iPhone, you'll be missing that functionality, but still a nice car. If you haven't experienced Blind-Spot or Parking Assist, you'll absolutely love those features. Heated seats take a long time to heat up (at least in mine they do). My wife's Toyota has heated seats and they burn your butt within 20 seconds. Ventilated seats don't work all that well either (as mentioned in many threads here).
Whatever you decide to do, i wish you the best.
Old 02-12-16, 09:56 AM
fre3way3
Driver School Candidate

From looking at TrueCar prices, I think it's a good price. Not a great price, but still definitely fair. Blind Spot, Parking Sensors, Nav, Comfort Pkg (HID, heated/ventilated seats).
I'm going to assume you're aware that 2013 doesn't have Siri Eyes Free. That feature started with the 2014's I think, so if you have an iPhone, you'll be missing that functionality, but still a nice car. If you haven't experienced Blind-Spot or Parking Assist, you'll absolutely love those features. Heated seats take a long time to heat up (at least in mine they do). My wife's Toyota has heated seats and they burn your butt within 20 seconds. Ventilated seats don't work all that well either (as mentioned in many threads here).
Whatever you decide to do, i wish you the best.
Thank you for the opinion. I also think the price isn't the best but dealer isn't willing to go down. Also, I was thinking of telling them to add front window tints along with all season mats (I haven't seem these but are they carpet mats or similar to ones from extremetech all weather mats)
Old 02-12-16, 02:47 PM
Mors
Pole Position

The all season mats are similar to the extremetech that you're thinking of. I have weathertech mats in my car and am glad i have them. You lose the look of carpet, but you save your carpet for resale. Definitely worth it in my opinion.
The all-weather mats on the 2016 look like the following. They'll be similar on the 2013, but not exact.

Old 02-12-16, 05:54 PM
fre3way3
Driver School Candidate

The all season mats are similar to the extremetech that you're thinking of. I have weathertech mats in my car and am glad i have them. You lose the look of carpet, but you save your carpet for resale. Definitely worth it in my opinion.
The all-weather mats on the 2016 look like the following. They'll be similar on the 2013, but not exact.

Thanks. This is exactly the type of product I was looking for.
Old 02-13-16, 04:31 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 530 Likes on 386 Posts

I would not recommend the Lexus all weather mats. I have a 14 RX and the drivers side mat does not provide enough coverage to protect the carpet. I bought a pair of W-Tech's instead for the front, they work much better. The Lexus mats protect pretty good for the rear & hatch area though. If your lucky maybe they will give you a couple of oil filters which I would maybe ask for. The RX is a top seller and unfortunately you can't get 10k off like a cheap Chevy. Did you look at the service history on the RX you are looking at?

Good luck!
Old 02-13-16, 06:39 AM
BP1203
Rookie

Don't bother with the dealer mats, spend the money on the WeatherTech's-they are the best mats, hands down. Have them front/back/tailgate in both of our cars. Traded in a 10 year-old 4Runner with light gray carpet, pulled the mats the carpets looked like they did the day I bought it.
Old 02-13-16, 07:06 AM
budwom
Intermediate

Received 194 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by BP1203
Don't bother with the dealer mats, spend the money on the WeatherTech's-they are the best mats, hands down. Have them front/back/tailgate in both of our cars. Traded in a 10 year-old 4Runner with light gray carpet, pulled the mats the carpets looked like they did the day I bought it.
I paid extra for the so-called Lexus winter mats and they were a complete joke.
I did get the Weather Tech mats, and they are pretty good, but nowhere as good as
the Volvo XC70 "tray" mats I used to have which fit absolutely like a glove.

Thus far that's about my only complaint on my 2013...
Old 02-17-16, 10:26 AM
chemister
Driver School Candidate

Default in the same boat.

Originally Posted by fre3way3
I'm in the process of finalizing a CPO 2013 RX 350 with 33k miles for 35,382 out the door price. The dealer isn't going below this price. How good of a deal is this? Some of you mentioned asking for accessories. Is there anything in particular I should ask for?
Exactly in the same boat. I am picking up my CPO 2013 RX350 today.

13k miles (personal lease)
premium pkg
comfort pkg
navi system
tow pkg
wood/leather trims
remote start
park assist
cargo mat/net and key gloves

Agreed on 35,300 after 1 day of negotiation.

I asked for the weather mats. Not sure if they are gonna give me lexus or weather tech.
Old 02-17-16, 02:26 PM
fre3way3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chemister
Exactly in the same boat. I am picking up my CPO 2013 RX350 today.

13k miles (personal lease)
premium pkg
comfort pkg
navi system
tow pkg
wood/leather trims
remote start
park assist
cargo mat/net and key gloves

Agreed on 35,300 after 1 day of negotiation.

I asked for the weather mats. Not sure if they are gonna give me lexus or weather tech.
Does that include tax, registration, dealer fees, etc. or is that just the sale price of the car? And where did you buy it from?

Last edited by fre3way3; 02-17-16 at 02:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Finalizing RX 350