RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Need help with rims set up. 22x10.5 +40

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-16, 08:10 PM
Kontil
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with rims set up. 22x10.5 +40

Hi everyone, i need help, im trying to run 22x10.5 +40 niche milan on my 2010 rx350. Im running into a problem, the inner valve stem for the tpms in the rims is rubbing the track arm. Should i go with ichiba 15mm spacers or 20mm spacers?. And does anyone run 22 on their rx? Thanks any suggestion would be appreciated.

This is the picture of the inner valve stem with the tpms is rubbing the arm. Cant get a flush mount valve because i need my tpms. Or else my light will stay on, and i hate that. Should i do 15mm spacer or 20mm spacer?

When i test fit it earlier!

Should i do ichiba 15mm spacers or 20mm spacers?
Old 02-08-16, 06:34 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,098 Likes on 937 Posts

I have H&R Springs Trak Plus 20mm wheel spacers on my RX with after market 8 inch wide rims and have no problems. I find the increased track width has improved handling and steering response and reduced body roll. I recommend the H&R ones as they are made in Germany, fit perfectly by bolting onto your hub with the original wheel studs then the spacers have their own wheel studs. Thus installation is an easy bolt on process and they are just as easy to remove. Be sure to put anti seize on the backs of the spacers so they do not stick to the hub if you decide or need to remove them later. They sell them in pairs. I found 2 sets online somewhere for less than the listed price. I got model DRM 4065600 at ECS Tuning

https://www.ecstuning.com/ES1303523/...V0AxoCTdHw_wcB

http://www.trakplus.com/results The H&R site calls it the RX335 instead of the 350 because someone apparently miss-typed the model.

Here is a prior thread on wheel spacers which inspired me to get them
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...l-spacers.html

Finally, with wheels that wide outside the body which will stick out more with wheel spacers, you should consider getting mud flaps to protect your lower body from rock and dirt damage.

Last edited by Clutchless; 02-08-16 at 06:42 AM. Reason: update
Old 02-08-16, 09:02 AM
da mayor
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you go with a spacer it will push the wheel out a bit past the wheel well it looks like. They dont have a 22x10" size for you?
Old 02-08-16, 01:58 PM
Kontil
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks all for the help.

So i took all wheels to a tire shop specialize in custom rims. I asked them what their opinion and what should i do. They put it in a lift and test fit the rims, telling me is too aggressive for the car, but its ok it looks good. So they suggest me changing the rear tpms valve to shorter one, that way it wont rub. And also putting in a 3mm spacers with mounting the wheels using an et spline lugs, that way i wont loose any thread. What do you guys think?
Old 02-09-16, 07:40 AM
Clutchless

Sounds like a good plan to me since you already have the wheels and it provides less track increase than the 15 or 20 mm spacers you were considering. How much do they want for this?
Next time try one of the online wheel fitment guides before going with such a large width increase. The stock offset is 35MM and I think this wheel's offset of 40MM along with the extreme width has caused your problem. They are 3 inches wider than stock! What tires are you running and how does it drive with this set up?
Old 02-09-16, 09:05 PM
Kontil
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Clutchless
Sounds like a good plan to me since you already have the wheels and it provides less track increase than the 15 or 20 mm spacers you were considering. How much do they want for this?
Next time try one of the online wheel fitment guides before going with such a large width increase. The stock offset is 35MM and I think this wheel's offset of 40MM along with the extreme width has caused your problem. They are 3 inches wider than stock! What tires are you running and how does it drive with this set up?
Im running a 265/40/22 nitto tires. To be honest i havent put them on yet since im waiting for the new tpms to come and the hub centric ring. And the shop is going to put them on for me hopefully this weekend.
Old 02-09-16, 09:06 PM
Kontil
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by da mayor
if you go with a spacer it will push the wheel out a bit past the wheel well it looks like. They dont have a 22x10" size for you?
Im pretty sure they do, but i bought this wheels used but in new condition, previous owner had it for only 2 months. So basically a new rims and new tires. And i got a deal for them.
Old 02-15-16, 11:46 PM
hybrinit
Driver School Candidate

Hi, I was just browsing and came upon this thread about 22's. Wheels really change the look on the car. I thought about getting 20's but, after seeing photos with other RX's w/ 22's, I went ahead and got them instead of 20's. I wanted something simple like yours, nothing too crazy. These are 22x9, Chrysler 300 SRT8 reps with 265/35/22 tires. Bolt pattern 5x115, of course with hubcentric rings. My previous wheel locks that I had on the factory wheels don't fit anymore, so I wonder what kind of wheel locks do you guys recommend? Thanks in advance.

Old 02-16-16, 05:45 AM
carguy75
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Kontil
Hi everyone, i need help, im trying to run 22x10.5 +40 niche milan on my 2010 rx350. Im running into a problem, the inner valve stem for the tpms in the rims is rubbing the track arm. Should i go with ichiba 15mm spacers or 20mm spacers?. And does anyone run 22 on their rx? Thanks any suggestion would be appreciated.

This is the picture of the inner valve stem with the tpms is rubbing the arm. Cant get a flush mount valve because i need my tpms. Or else my light will stay on, and i hate that. Should i do 15mm spacer or 20mm spacer?

When i test fit it earlier!

Should i do ichiba 15mm spacers or 20mm spacers?
Looks good with those wheels!!!

However, the wheels are just too wide for the RX.

10.5 inches of width is a bit much even for 500hp muscle cars.

Since you already have the wheels , you can try shorter valves stems maybe.

You can try spacers, but I bet you will curb those wheels soon after you do.

Hell, i can see those wheels getting curved as is since they stick out a lot as is without the spacers especially in your area when you do a lot of parallel parking.

I wished my wife was into custom wheels so I can hook-up our RX, but she do not like the attention.
Old 02-16-16, 06:33 AM
Clutchless

Hybrint - Those Chrysler wheels look nice and fill the wheel well. How does it drive? If you have Chrysler wheels, and if Chrysler wheel lug bolts are the same thread/pitch as Toyota/Lexus, then get Chrysler fit wheel locks. What nuts are you using now to hold the wheels? You may have to get help from a custom wheel shop.
Old 02-17-16, 04:25 PM
hybrinit
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Clutchless
Hybrint - Those Chrysler wheels look nice and fill the wheel well. How does it drive? If you have Chrysler wheels, and if Chrysler wheel lug bolts are the same thread/pitch as Toyota/Lexus, then get Chrysler fit wheel locks. What nuts are you using now to hold the wheels? You may have to get help from a custom wheel shop.
Hi, thanks Clutch. It seems to drive the same, except it corners better. Ok, I'm not gonna lie - it feels heavier. Maybe it's psychological because I know they're heavier wheels. I need to ask someone else to drive it who owns an RX w/ stock wheels. I was hoping to get 40 series 265/40/22 as opposed to 265/35/22, but I was afraid it would start hitting suspension parts and/or fenders on a full load. It probably would ride smoother with 40 or 45 series tires.

The tire shop gave me some lugs that look like acorns, so those worked. Except they didn't have wheel locks that would fit through the narrow opening of the wheels. I just started searching wheel locks that have that acorn shape, so it would sit in there.

Thanks for the tip...

My wife wants to take over the car now... this thing is rides smooth, is comfortable to sit in and the fit and finish is really something... who can blame her lol
Old 02-18-16, 06:22 AM
Clutchless

This is a useful calculator to use when considering larger wheels

http://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?whee...=30mm&scl=50mm
Old 03-17-16, 09:44 PM
ColAngus
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Mini bump.
Maybe I've been fail searching, but I can't conclusively find the OEM, stock wheel specs (for the 19-inch).
From the few threads I've found, it APPEARS to be 19x7.5 +35.
Could someone please confirm? I'm shocked at the 7.5" width with a 235mm wide tire on it (235/55/19).
I have a line on some 265/35/22 on 22x9.5 +15 wheels that I'm vaguely considering. I'm surprised to say I think both these cars in this thread look good! I was pretty sure that the large wheels would really trash-up the Lexus, but these look good.

@hybrinit - what are the width and offset of yours?
Old 03-18-16, 06:03 AM
Clutchless

Those are the correct specs. 19 x 7.5 with 35 offset. Hub size is 60.1 (common across most Toyota/Lexus vehicles). Bolt spacing is 5 x 114.3.
With an offset of only 15 and that increased width you need to run those potential new wheels though one of the online calculators to see if it will fit and clear your suspension etc. See above for such a link. There are others online
http://www.fitmywheels.com/
According to this calculator those tires will really change your speedometer readings and probably affect acceleration and mileage

The speedometer will read 15% faster than the old setup. At 60mph on the speedometer you will be traveling 69.01 mph and at 30mph on the speedometer you will actually be doing 34.51 mph.

Last edited by Clutchless; 03-18-16 at 06:08 AM.
Old 03-18-16, 09:46 AM
hybrinit
Driver School Candidate

I don't think you'll have any problems clearing with an offset of +15. Ideally you want a low offset wheel when you're at 9.5 to 10.5 wheel width. That's why the OP needs spacers for his 10.5 wheel width with that high offset of +40.

Mine are 22x9 with a +18 offset and clear with no issues.

Hope you get the 22's. I've been "breaking necks" ever since I got them. Nothing but compliments from friends and strangers.

Best of luck to you.

Originally Posted by ColAngus
Mini bump.
Maybe I've been fail searching, but I can't conclusively find the OEM, stock wheel specs (for the 19-inch).
From the few threads I've found, it APPEARS to be 19x7.5 +35.
Could someone please confirm? I'm shocked at the 7.5" width with a 235mm wide tire on it (235/55/19).
I have a line on some 265/35/22 on 22x9.5 +15 wheels that I'm vaguely considering. I'm surprised to say I think both these cars in this thread look good! I was pretty sure that the large wheels would really trash-up the Lexus, but these look good.

@hybrinit - what are the width and offset of yours?

Quick Reply: Need help with rims set up. 22x10.5 +40