RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Hit&Run

Old 01-31-16, 01:56 PM
Yurka
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Well i believe they said they will order original parts, i will be picking up the car tomorrow morning so ill have a look, hopefully everything is in a good shape
Old 02-05-16, 06:55 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Yurka
Well i believe they said they will order original parts, i will be picking up the car tomorrow morning so ill have a look, hopefully everything is in a good shape
Did you get the RX back, and are you happy with the work?
Old 02-05-16, 12:37 PM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Sorry to hear, mate! Hope everything works out for ya.
Time to get one of those Dashcams.
Old 02-05-16, 05:16 PM
Yurka
Intermediate

So funny story, i actually did go to pick up the RX last weekend, everything was fine, next day on the way to work i started hearing weird noises coming from the side that was hit, i was skeptical about it until the evening, thats when my car started to literally come apart. So i took a good look under the hood, took the covers up and what do you know, those guys used my old parts just glued them together to save money i suppose that insurance gave. these two guys are co-owners, the one i know is a cool dude, i spoke with him, everything was supposed to be new, but his partner i guess thought differently, so **** went down, i personally had to order all items myself from their shop, going there on sunday to pick up and make sure everything is new, got my guy to work on my car, so hopefully mid next week everything should be good. extremely furious with this ***** to be honest and i still dont get a rental, amazing right?
Old 02-05-16, 05:18 PM
Yurka
Intermediate

Sorry for double post, i just remembered that i also need to order a light bulb for rear driver side break light, i cant find the bulb number in the manual though, does anybody know the number??
Old 02-06-16, 03:50 AM
itiramisu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for double post, i just remembered that i also need to order a light bulb for rear driver side break light, i cant find the bulb number in the manual though, does anybody know the number??
Sorry to hear **** went down like that man... On another note I believe you couldn't find the bulb number for the brake lights is because they are LEDs which I suspect it's a factory strip light on its own.
Old 02-08-16, 08:34 PM
Yurka
Intermediate

So everything arrives tomorrow morning, all the parts, should be good to go by Thursday. As for the break lights i cant find the replacement, i went to autozine and a local dealership and none of them was able to help me, which is pretty sad. I just sent am email to the main Lexus office, hopefully they can help with the break light situation cuz getting pulled over because of that is the last thing i need.
Old 02-09-16, 05:16 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

So funny story, i actually did go to pick up the RX last weekend, everything was fine, next day on the way to work i started hearing weird noises coming from the side that was hit, i was skeptical about it until the evening, thats when my car started to literally come apart. So i took a good look under the hood, took the covers up and what do you know, those guys used my old parts just glued them together to save money i suppose that insurance gave. these two guys are co-owners, the one i know is a cool dude, i spoke with him, everything was supposed to be new, but his partner i guess thought differently, so **** went down, i personally had to order all items myself from their shop, going there on sunday to pick up and make sure everything is new, got my guy to work on my car, so hopefully mid next week everything should be good. extremely furious with this ***** to be honest and i still dont get a rental, amazing right?
I hate to hear things like this because shops looking to save money never consider that they could be putting people in harms way by using damaged parts. Sad part is that if they did it to you, I wonder how many of their unsuspecting customers are driving around in poorly repaired cars..

I give you credit because I wouldn't have been able to trust them to do any further work on the RX after what they did. And sorry, but IMO I think both of the partners knew exactly what was going on regardless of what you were told by the partner you know. Just make sure you inspect the RX real good when it's finally done.

I hope it works out well for you, good luck and keep us posted.
Old 02-09-16, 07:45 AM
Yurka
Intermediate

I agree with you, I'm not the first and I'm sure I'm not the last person they do this to. Of course one guy had to say he didn't know, but truth is they both making money and trying to make as much as they can, pretty much like all of us, there's no such thing as too much money. I do not trust them to work on my car, that's why I got a friend of my who works in a different car shop to come in for a few days to their shop and work on my car, he's done a lot of work on my friends' cars so I trust in him. I ordered all parts by myself so I know for sure that everything is brand new, but still will be inspecting a car very carefully when I pick it up, hopefully Thursday will be the day.

Off topic but JT4, do you by any chance from around McDonald Ave area?
Old 02-09-16, 09:05 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts-l...rker-lamp.html

You can try this. If this is not what you need, you should be able to surf around this site to find what you need. Hope this helps!
Old 02-09-16, 11:13 AM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Yurka, does this scene in Brooklyn seem familiar?
Old 02-09-16, 12:26 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 530 Likes on 386 Posts

Just curious, why didn't you take it to a Lexus dealer for repairs?
Old 02-09-16, 03:32 PM
Yurka
Intermediate

well i dont want to deal with russian/ukrainian jews other post USSR people (no offense to anyone. not a racial thing, you just never want to deal with eastern europeans cuz theyll try to make a fool out of you and charge you a **** ton) at the Lexus of Bayridge those people lie big time, brought my car in once cuz i couldnt go to NJ and they found million problems with my car, i went to Jersey where i usually service my car, they found nothing wrong with it, so id rather stay away and im not the only person who had bad experience with them and towing my car all the way to NJ was a bit too much.

@Vlad "Mi Rysskie"... good movie btw, and yeah they never lie, they just rip you off, swear on the Bible that they dont and that they honest when they not and thats it and it always gets me, like you see other communities helping each other, chinese, jewish, blacks, people from same countries, ethnic background or whatever, trying to help one another to live better but ex USSR people, they will always try to rip you off and put you down, which is unfortunate.

@moose thants man, i think i found it.
Old 02-10-16, 05:05 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

I agree with you, I'm not the first and I'm sure I'm not the last person they do this to. Of course one guy had to say he didn't know, but truth is they both making money and trying to make as much as they can, pretty much like all of us, there's no such thing as too much money. I do not trust them to work on my car, that's why I got a friend of my who works in a different car shop to come in for a few days to their shop and work on my car, he's done a lot of work on my friends' cars so I trust in him. I ordered all parts by myself so I know for sure that everything is brand new, but still will be inspecting a car very carefully when I pick it up, hopefully Thursday will be the day.

Off topic but JT4, do you by any chance from around McDonald Ave area?
I'm not from Brooklyn, I'm from the Queens / LI area.. Come to think of it haven't been in the McDonald Ave area in at least 10+ years..
Old 02-20-16, 08:56 AM
Yurka
Intermediate

Another update, I picked up the car a few days ago, I believe it was Saturday or Sunday, everything worked out fine you know, but for one but unfortunately. I parked it on Monday night by my house and next morning I came out to that.. Someone drove into me again.. Same exact side, it was nothing major,more like someone didn't calculate how much space they have but some paint came off, a small dent but clips on the bumper broke unfortunately(as you see it went out of place, got all jiggly and by the time i got to the shop[20 min drive] passenger side came off completely), so I had to drop the car at the shop again. I got a new bumper once again, they delivered it on Thursday, so the paint job was done yesterday, should be fully dry by the end of today, gonna get it buffed and detailed again in the morning so *fingers crossed* tomorrow I pick it up for good this time. Thinking of renting out a driveway nearby, this is ridiculous how many bad drivers we have here in Brooklyn.
Attached Thumbnails Hit&Run-image.jpeg  

Last edited by Yurka; 02-20-16 at 09:09 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hit&Run