RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Hit&Run

Old 01-14-16, 08:56 PM
Yurka
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Hit&Run

So today I left my car parked on my block around 8pm, went home to get some food and change. Within an hour was leaving to the gym, came outside to see this... No one saw nor heard anything unfortunately, got the police report done, insurance claim, but will be on my feet for a while... Really freaking sad about the car
Attached Thumbnails Hit&Run-image.jpeg   Hit&Run-img_5759.jpg   Hit&Run-img_5760.jpg   Hit&Run-img_5762.jpg  

Last edited by Yurka; 01-14-16 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-15-16, 03:02 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

So sorry Yurka. Karma will catch up with whoever did it. Good luck getting the RX fixed.
Old 01-15-16, 05:13 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

So sorry to see this, do any of your neighbors have surveillance cameras they can check for you?

Sad part is someone had to hear something for that type of damage to be done. By any chance was yesterday a garbage pick up day in your neighborhood?
Old 01-15-16, 06:11 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,602 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Noooooooo! So sorry to hear this! Good luck in getting everything squared away.
Old 01-15-16, 07:17 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 690 Likes on 507 Posts

Major Bummer. So sorry to hear about this. I know many people think of their cars as nothing more than transportation, but I suspect many of the members here see them as more than that. It would be heartbreaking to come out and see this on one of my cars. Keep us posted on the repairs.
Old 01-15-16, 07:22 AM
Yurka
Intermediate

I went around the block, no one heard anything whatsoever, and we have garbage picked up only in the mornings so it must've been just some idiot, send my car to the shop last night, about to go see what the insurance says and everthing, will have to fix the fender, replace everything up front cuz whoever did it ripped out everything with the core, foglights are done, driver headlight is shifted a bit, gonna be a b* to fix it and probably a while
Old 01-17-16, 08:21 PM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm so sorry...I hope you get a free loaner.
Ray A.
Old 01-18-16, 05:42 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Ward6096
Major Bummer. So sorry to hear about this. I know many people think of their cars as nothing more than transportation, but I suspect many of the members here see them as more than that. It would be heartbreaking to come out and see this on one of my cars. Keep us posted on the repairs.
I couldn't agree more, well said..
Old 01-25-16, 04:53 PM
itiramisu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dammm bro that's messed up!
Old 01-28-16, 09:58 AM
Yurka
Intermediate

Unfortunately geico wouldnt give me a loaner even though i have had the coverage for past 5 years. They say someone called them on December 17th and authorized to take the rental package off of the policy even though i never called them neither did my father, so they turned out to be useless. Customer rep keeps saying that someone called ive been asking them to provide me with a recorded phone call where apparently I authorized them to do so but they cant find it for past 2 weeks since the accident, the supervisor says that its not in his/her department to go detailed in my file in order to help me out and kept sending me back to customer rep and its been going back and forth for days already, best they could do would be giving me like a 10 or 20% discount with Enterprise rental service, but since im only 24 that thing costs like early 2000s car which is kind of too much, so i guess this is my last few months with Geico, once the policy runs out im done with them, meanwhile ive been driving my girl's car now and then since she doesnt use it much. I stopped by the shop today to see whats up,thank God they are almost done. In the morning began painting the car, then they will detail it, wash in and out and should get it back either on Saturday or Sunday, gotta admit that with all the snow i miss RX. Took my girl brother's m3 for a week (cuz her LS has summer tires still -_- ) as i went to PA, must say its fun to drive but that thing is so not for the weather we had on the east coast over the weekend. In conclusion i went over the report from a geico rep at the shop, whole front was replaced, fog light housing, bulbs and wiring, driver side headlight as well cuz it got semi-ripped so they replaced the whole unit, reinforced the front a bit cuz it got bent in and shifted under the hood, rear bumper, rear side marker unit, both front and rear fenders painted and straightened out, so it was quite a hit, hopefully whoever did hit me will get a flat tire on a very, very lonely highway with no cellphone service and im hoping for a great results over the weekend, will upload pics once i get it back.

Last edited by Yurka; 01-28-16 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-28-16, 10:14 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Yurka, thanks for the update. Bummer about not getting a loaner. That's a lot of work but your RX will be back to looking great very soon. On the upside, it was't buried in the snow or driven on the salty roads. And don't worry, karma will catch up to the person who did this.
Old 01-28-16, 10:37 AM
Yurka
Intermediate

Thanks, and thats a valid point, its a mess by my house, seems like they cleaning snow everywhere but Brooklyn
Old 01-28-16, 12:54 PM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

that stinks man. i pray your insurance claim and repairs go smoothly.
Old 01-28-16, 01:08 PM
Yurka
Intermediate

thanks, Geico already sent a check so everything is paid for, i dont have to pay a dime
Old 01-31-16, 12:32 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

One thing you might want to check is whether they are using real OEM Lexus replacement parts on your repair. I'm not an expert on insurance, but thought that Geico was one of the second tier insurers that tended to specify cheaper replacement parts. It may be to late for this repair, but would be a good thing to know in the future.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hit&Run