RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Done! 2013 Fsport conversion on 2010

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-16, 01:49 AM
Westsai
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nicely done...!!
i have a 2013 base model, looking to convert to F sport... will i be needing all the listed parts? (in the attached PDF list)

Last edited by Westsai; 04-10-16 at 04:19 PM. Reason: tempted to do the same conversion...
Old 05-06-16, 08:23 AM
tdott
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Conversion looks great!

Not a fan of the sunken in wheel look, needs some big spacers IMO to look better. But as long as you like it that's all that matters.
Old 08-10-16, 07:07 AM
Steel28
Driver School Candidate

Default Need some help - OEM F Sport grille purchase

I have 2015 RX350 with Touring package (Canada) and would like to replace my current grille to F-Sport mesh grille. Am I able to order OEM F-Sport grille from the dealer?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Steel28; 08-10-16 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-14-16, 08:26 AM
Zanabazar
Driver School Candidate

are the foglights the same shape on 2010 to 2013? And do you use foglight bezel? How to set up foglights on the bumper?
The following users liked this post:
hfahmy (03-23-21)
Old 08-22-16, 09:16 AM
thelew67
Rookie

Default Removing the OEM grill

I have a 2012 350.and I want to replace the OEM grill with a mesh grill . Is it a project to take the OEM grill out? By the way nice conversion!!!
Originally Posted by diggdyone
Well ladies and gentlemen it has been a task however, I have climbed the mountain of converting my 2010 into a 2013 F sport.

First it started with the part list which was provided by a member on the forum the list also includes tips on wiring.

Second step was to track down all the parts; eBay was my main source for the lights. Be mindful that the Xeon lights move quickly on eBay and I had to for the first time get alerts sent to me when item went up for sale.
Be sure to get a set of lights with no broken side tabs the top tabs can be replace, Lexus provides a part number. I paid $250 apiece for each light.

Third comes the hard part of finding the upper grill. I used car-parts.com and located a dismantler who would sell and ship the F sport upper grille to me for the price of $250.

Fourth the bumper- I decided to use a F sport bumper I found on eBay which was painted the same color as my truck. In hindsight I would have ordered a bumper off of eBay and had it painting for 150.

Fifth the bumper tow hook cover's will have to be painted and ordered more likely from eBay or a local Lexus dealer.
FYI I ordered all the other needed parts from my local Lexus dealer via online and I didn't have to pay for shipping because I picked up the parts at the dealership.

Sixth is the hard part wiring and Soldering wires which is needed to create your highbeam headlight harness and I also created my own plug-and-play adapters for the low beam and a separate adapter for the LED daytime running lights.
I decided to make the adapters instead of re-pin my OEM connectors to the 2013 connectors.

Seventh I had to use L-shaped brackets once I remove the ballast from the bottom of the 2010 Xeon headlights and mounted them onto the side of the 2013 headlights. There was a great video on youtube on how to remove the ballast. I did this to save money and wiring. Down the line I may convert over to the 2013 ballast if I find some on eBay at a price I like.

Eighth due to the F sport bumper having four parking sensors and the 2010 only having two functional front sensors I extended the wires for the two parking sensors to be functional in the center and ordered two additional parking sensors from eBay to mount on the side as dummy sensors. I never did like the fact that the sensors were aimed towards the side not the front where we really could've use them.

Ninth due to the fact that I have autofocus headlight I had to disconnect the module or ECM under the dashboard so that I don't get the message displayed on my dash.

10th you will have to replace the two side bumper mounting bracket's because the 2010 bumper extends into the headlight range more than the 2013 bumper does. There is a great video on YouTube on removing a late model or rx 350s bumper.

I didn't order that part I decided to simply trim the 2010 bumper brackets and it worked.

Also the trim around the radiator has to be trimmed back on the 2010 because the F sport grill sits closer to the radiator.
Old 03-28-18, 10:01 PM
myw
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

thanks diggdyone for this thread!!!! the headlamps need to be swapped but what about the fogs? can the older 2010 fogs work by chance?

thank you!
Old 07-11-18, 06:26 AM
Davidadam
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,
May I ask how you solve the problem with AFS warning lights on Dashboard? My car is from 2010 and I it was possible to fix everything except the AFS system .I am trying install the headlights with AFS from 2015 on my car from 2010 but they have quite different connections and the headlighs AFS system.
Did you solve the problem? If not, how can you disable warning signals which displayed on the instrument board/Dashboard?
I Could have turned one off by taking out the AFS fuse, but there are two warning signals left and flashing one with the exclamation mark and the other one coming up constantly and giving notice of "Check Headlight".

My car is:Lexus RX450h 2010 with the AFS system on headlights.
I would be very grateful if you had any solution to the problem.

Cheers
David
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_2460.MOV (4.99 MB, 115 views)
Old 07-11-18, 06:46 AM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Davidadam

Hello,
May I ask how you solve the problem with AFS warning lights on Dashboard? My car is from 2010 and I it was possible to fix everything except the AFS system .I am trying install the headlights with AFS from 2015 on my car from 2010 but they have quite different connections and the headlighs AFS system.
Did you solve the problem? If not, how can you disable warning signals which displayed on the instrument board/Dashboard?
I Could have turned one off by taking out the AFS fuse, but there are two warning signals left and flashing one with the exclamation mark and the other one coming up constantly and giving notice of "Check Headlight".

My car is:Lexus RX450h 2010 with the AFS system on headlights.

Cheers
David
Locate the AFS fuse, pull/remove the fuse then profit
Error codes will no longer display after, at least that was the case for us.
Old 07-11-18, 06:48 AM
Davidadam
Driver School Candidate

Hello,
May I ask how you solve the problem with AFS warning lights on Dashboard? My car is from 2010 and I it was possible to fix everything except the AFS system .
I am trying install the headlights with AFS from 2015 on my car from 2010 but they have quite different connections and the headlights AFS system .Did you solve the problem? If not, how can you disable warning signals which displayed on the instrument board/Dashboard?
I Could managed turned one off by taking out the AFS fuse, but there are two warning signals left and flashing one with the exclamation mark and the other one coming up constantly and giving notice of "Check Headlight".My car is:Lexus RX450h 2010 with the AFS system on headlights.
Cheers

David

On the the Dashboard i get two flashing light. the exclamation mark and the other one coming up constantly and giving notice of "Check Headlight"

New bamber F-sport

Old 07-11-18, 08:46 PM
malso70
Driver School Candidate

Did you solve the afs problem removing the fuse? I am going to the the upgrade rx350 2010 to 2013
Old 10-28-18, 05:34 AM
Davidadam
Driver School Candidate

Default About Done! 2013 Fsport conversion on 2010

HI,
Can please show me how looks the autofocus headlight module or ECM under the dashboard?
That you have mentioned it in your description:
"Ninth due to the fact that I have autofocus headlight I had to disconnect the module or ECM under the dashboard so that I don't get the message displayed on my dash."
or if know what is the PART NUMBER!?

Cheers
David
Old 11-29-18, 06:34 AM
Davidadam
Driver School Candidate

HI Thanks,
I don't understand. please explain what do you mean? delete the error code with the OBD2 diagnostic device or what do you mean with the "profit
Error codes" ?

I have already remove the AFS fuse. AFS light is gone but two other are flashing right now. one with the exclamation mark and the other one coming up constantly and giving notice of "Check Headlight" on dashboard
ard.

Cheers
David
Old 11-30-18, 05:43 PM
MeenGrn02
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Man, all of these conversions with getting rid of the '10-'12 Bi-Xenon projector, it's a shame because it is such a good projector when tuned properly.
Old 11-30-18, 08:32 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

Had been considering doing this, ended up buying an F-Sport instead. I knew I'd not get AFS, but was disappointed when I learned I would also not be getting a bi-xenon setup.

Jeff
Old 12-03-18, 05:12 AM
Davidadam
Driver School Candidate

HI Thanks,=left
I don't understand. please explain what do you mean? delete the error code with the OBD2 diagnostic device or what do you mean with the "profit=left
Error codes" ?=left
=left
I have already remove the AFS fuse as you told Thanks. AFS light is gone but two other are flashing right now. one with the exclamation mark and the other one coming up constantly and giving notice of "Check Headlight" on dashboard.=left
=left
Cheers=left
David

Quick Reply: Done! 2013 Fsport conversion on 2010