RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Weathertech cargo liner in 2015 RX

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-15, 07:10 AM
chandlervt
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weathertech cargo liner in 2015 RX

Has anyone had any experience with cargo liner specifically in 2015 RX? I got it from my dealer but was surprised to see such a bad fit. The floor liners fit perfectly but cargo is BAD. Its way beyond bad. In fact, stock lexus mat seems better option. I went with dealer due to some credit they are extending as part of my purchase. If you have any experience or have them in your car, please post pic. Mine came rolled and all the edges are crumpled. There is no way the edges will settle down. Plus there is gap of almost an inch vertically and horizontally. Horizontal gap might go down as the mat uncurls but vertical seems impossible.
Old 12-07-15, 02:20 PM
Mors
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2015 RX 450h with weathertech cargo mat.
Mine fits pretty well.
At the back, there is a small lip
On the left side, there is about a 1/2" gap right around the wheel well.
There is about 1" gap where the seats are, but the seats move back and forth so I think that's understandable.
The right side fits very close to how it should.
It's not perfect, but I still like these mats. Easy to clean and saves the carpets

Pics:

top left edge at seats

left side at wheel well

rear
Old 12-08-15, 06:18 AM
chandlervt
Driver

Thanks for posting pics. Pretty much looks like mine except the sides didn't fit well either. The deal breaker is the crumpled edge towards the rear. Unacceptable for liner that prides in quality and I am not paying premium for that. I have ordered maxliner and will get it on thursday. Will post pics if it turns out better. The floor liners were definitely better but they had a raised upper lip with sharp edges. I sent it back because it would scratch the interior while removing for cleaning. Rear liner you don't have to remove that many times. So we will see. I saw someone post husky cargo liner pics in their 2010 RX350 - that fit way better than Weathertechs.

I wish I could send the floor liners back for the bad "Tan" color. But they are best in terms of fit and coverage. 3d Maxpider mats are good but they skimped out on 1 thing. There is no coverage under accelerator pedal --- I so wish they had that because they cover the dead pedal completely and look fantastic in the car.
Old 12-08-15, 02:05 PM
Leap
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just have the Lexus cargo liner for the back, but since you mentioned the footwells too I thought I would post that I have Weathertech liners for the front mats and they work very well for me, the fit is pretty perfect and they have much better coverage than the Lexus 'all weather' mats. I have the black/dark grey ones. I still use the Lexus mats for the back seat but no one really sits back there.
Old 12-08-15, 05:40 PM
SeventyGTX
Rookie

I just went out in the dark garage and took a pic of ours. It came rolled up when we got it, but then relaxed after a few days in the summer heat. It fits about as good as you can expect one to. I don't see how any other brand would fit much better or not have, what I consider, very minor imperfections. It looks good and does what it is supposed to do.......

Last edited by SeventyGTX; 12-08-15 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-08-15, 06:38 PM
chandlervt
Driver

Originally Posted by SeventyGTX
I just went out in the dark garage and took a pic of ours. It came rolled up when we got it, but then relaxed after a few days in the summer heat. It fits about as good as you can expect one to. I don't see how any other brand would fit much better or not have, what I consider, very minor imperfections. It looks good and does what it is supposed to do.......

That fit is lot better. I am not sure if I should go back to dealer and try it out few days. Your edges don't seem crumpled on the rear side. Were they crumpled when it came in?

Last edited by chandlervt; 12-08-15 at 06:46 PM.
Old 12-08-15, 06:55 PM
SeventyGTX
Rookie

It's been a year since it was installed, but yea it was pretty ugly for a while. I think the only way they could make it totally wrinkle free in the rear, would be to make it thicker and have it in a flat box. But that would not be cost effective and would probably be twice the price.

Last edited by SeventyGTX; 12-08-15 at 07:01 PM.
Old 12-08-15, 07:22 PM
SeventyGTX
Rookie

Here is a pic of the worst part of the rear lip.....

Old 12-09-15, 12:10 PM
ThChinaman
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had mine for five or so years now. It came in rolled up in a box like everyone elses and I left it out in my garage for a few days and it flattened out after a while. It does not appear to have any uneven gaps on the sides or wrinkled edge. Did you leave the carpet under yours? Without the carpet, it fits perfectly flush.

The following users liked this post:
ThreeCW (07-10-22)
Old 12-10-15, 05:46 AM
chandlervt
Driver

Here is a pic of the worst part of the rear lip.....
Its not bad. I ordered Maxliner liner though. I will see how that works out. Their material is usually stiffer and they don't ship folded.

ThChinaman

Wow! Thats a really good fit. I am sure something has gone wrong with their production. They do not sit flush anymore. I tried without carpet, with carpet, changed seat settings. Basically for $120 , I wasn't happy with the quality at all. I have stock Lexus tray in NX200t and that feels and looks a lot better. If all fails, I will just pick up stock one from Dealer.
Old 12-10-15, 07:51 AM
SeventyGTX
Rookie

That's a good point having it fit better without the factory carpet back there. But, if we ever took ours out, I would have to figure out where to store it, so think I will leave it in.
Old 12-10-15, 08:51 AM
Henry82
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a good point having it fit better without the factory carpet back there. But, if we ever took ours out, I would have to figure out where to store it, so think I will leave it in.
But then you'd be driving around with extra weight...
Old 12-10-15, 07:34 PM
chandlervt
Driver

Got the Maxliner today. $81 delivered and the quality and fit is a LOT better than Weathertech. I will post pic tomorrow in daylight
Old 12-11-15, 06:31 AM
SeventyGTX
Rookie

Originally Posted by Henry82
But then you'd be driving around with extra weight...
Seriously???
Old 12-11-15, 08:38 AM
chandlervt
Driver

Much better fit and finish. BTW, the liner came folded but as you can see I didn't have to decurl etc. Weathertech is dropping in quality and they have become quite arrogant about "how they fit the best". Its clear there are more players now. Husky, Maxliner and 3dMaxpider make really good products. I actually liked the Maxliner floor liner too but their material is little harder and they have raised upper lip which might scratch the front plastic panels, if you keep removing for cleaning without paying attention.

Quick Reply: Weathertech cargo liner in 2015 RX