RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Bad Lease Deal plus Crazy Ants!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-15, 11:49 AM
foxandhoun
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Lease Deal plus Crazy Ants!!!

THIS HAS BEEN EDITED ON PAGE 2! THIS WAS A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE, STAY AWAY FROM LEXUS OF PALM BEACH!

I just agreed to a new lease for a 2015 RX350 fully loaded. I thought it was a good deal because I went to 2 other dealerships and was offered bogus deals like $3.5k down, $740/month.

So, I accepted $3500, first payment included, $499/month, 36 month, 12k miles/year plus free wear tear warranty and free theft protection. But came out to $548/month with silly added protection plans that I have 30 days to cancel.

This car was covered in crazy ants colonies! I mean covered! All over dash and steering, in my drinks, on the seats. So, the dealer traded us for their next car. I was told that if any better lease deals were available for October, I would qualify and they would let me know in their 3 day return period, they didnt. In fact, they were not responsive.

Im thinking it wasnt a great deal when I see many people here with zero down and first month free?? Are these previous lexus owners? I had 3 days to negotiate deal, change add-ons, return car but the finance manager ignored my calls and emails.

Last edited by foxandhoun; 12-30-15 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-11-15, 11:48 AM
foxandhoun
Driver School Candidate

Ok so just hoping for some insight on this deal. My rent charge is $4k, . Is the rent charge impacted by silly add ones like tire protection etc? Im heaving a hell of a time getting them removed but I'm pressing on. Sigh. I have excellent credit so I'm at a loss about rent charge.
Old 10-11-15, 12:03 PM
seanlin
Rookie

Every month has different promotion. There was $1500 lease rebate + Lexus cover first month lease payment during Labor day. And now the lease rebate is $2000. Make sure you are getting this.
https://www.edmunds.com/lexus/rx-350...ncentives.html

Post your copy or lease paper work here, and people can help to take a look and let you know where it went wrong. $499 monthly + $3500 down sounds more like RX450h deal to me.
Old 10-11-15, 12:43 PM
foxandhoun
Driver School Candidate

I was wondering why they kept saying they were giving me free anti theft and wear tear protection but really I'm paying for it, it seems. I have been trying to remove the extra warranties for days now, I've been fairly ignored. I tried to change the deal and remove the add ons days ago. When we were signing the finance manager told me that if we removed the warranties, any new rebates for October may affect the deal because we would have to do the deal over again. It was used as a scare tactic but really I see it may be in my favor to do so. This is what happens when you drive around with a car with no ac for months.

Last edited by foxandhoun; 10-11-15 at 03:01 PM.
Old 10-11-15, 01:06 PM
seanlin
Rookie

Wow. $548 monthly.... How much was MSRP? The car price after discount $45,210.

Cancel these 2 protections $704 and $875. You should have 30 days to do it. Get your $1579 back.

This month Lexus lease rebate for RX should be $2000 not just $1500

Hope that can save you $2079.

PS. There is always a rent charge for lease base on the Money Factor number. Do you remember what is your MF number?
Old 10-11-15, 01:32 PM
foxandhoun
Driver School Candidate

Ive been trying to remove the protections for a week now, lol not easy.

Its weird bc the msrp was $49,989. The msrp after dealer added equipment was $51,182. BUT, the selling price paper I have says the selling price was $43,553.69 and this number is no where on the contract. Was a mistake made maybe?

Is the money factor based on my credit? I was told I was tier 1.

It sucks I was told the wear tear plan was free, its $875. Right? I was also told theft protection was free. I don't see it anywhere as free.

Last edited by foxandhoun; 10-11-15 at 01:39 PM.
Old 10-11-15, 01:50 PM
seanlin
Rookie

From $51182 MSRP (even 49,989) to $45,210 selling price is not bad. The only issue is the finance manager tricked you on purchasing 2 protection plans.

I made the similar mistake 3 years ago, the finance manager told me the dent protection plan is free just give them a good Yelp review. After I got home I reviewed the paper work careful then i saw protection plan was charged as same amount as my monthly payment $602). So it made it very easy to get confused and missed. Of course, he didn't answer our call or call back like yours.

I have to called the 3rd party protection plan company and faxed them the cancellation paper. Then they credited it back to Lexus finance so I didn't have to pay 2nd month payment.

Thats a lesson I learned. Need to be very careful with car finance manager. They can be worst than car sales in my opinion.
Old 10-11-15, 02:17 PM
foxandhoun
Driver School Candidate

Oh man, making the policy cost the same as your payment is sneaky! Glad you got that taken care of.

I feel like $45,210 selling price might be a mistake???? Because I have a paper that says selling price is $43,553.69. What gives? I can't even understand that.

Did the finance manager here increase the vehicle price to make me pay for free wear and tear protection? And does that affect me in any way?

Last edited by foxandhoun; 10-11-15 at 03:04 PM.
Old 10-11-15, 06:15 PM
foxandhoun
Driver School Candidate

Anyone know why the selling price is different on the contract?
Old 10-11-15, 08:53 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The basic lease deal is really not a bad one. The only issue is they up-sold you on very high mark up Optional Mechanical Breakdown insurance and Excess wear and tear insurance.

I would personalty go to the dealer and demand that they reverse those two line items and issue a refund. I'm not sure but I believe that you may have up to 30 days to cancel these. Read the policies T&C's.

Which Florida dealer did you use? JM, Palm Beach. Pembroke Pines, Fort Pierce???? JM is probably the best but every finance guy will try to sell high margin options. That is where the Finance buy makes his money.
Old 10-11-15, 09:02 PM
FLYCT

Originally Posted by foxandhoun
Anyone know why the selling price is different on the contract?
Probably because the rebate was included in original quoted selling price but on the contract it must be listed separately from any discounts. It's done this way on contracts because while discounts are not taxable yet rebates taxable by law.

Don't fuss too much over the deal and let it spoil your new car experience.
Old 10-11-15, 09:40 PM
foxandhoun
Driver School Candidate

Man I needed to hear that about enjoying the car.

This was Lexus of Palm Beach.

Well, I was told the wear tear protection was free and they had a voucher that they had to use for the end of the month. Seems like baloney though bc it's $875. If it was a voucher wouldn't it not be charged to me?

Last edited by foxandhoun; 10-11-15 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10-12-15, 06:11 PM
foxandhoun
Driver School Candidate

Ok so thank you for the advice... took some back and forth and was able to remove everything and found out that I didn't even have tire protection. The guy lied to me. All I had on there was mechanical protection and wear tear. Anyhow, they are also giving me the rebate for Oct but that took a lot. So, should I keep wear snd tear? They mentioned it covers a full set of tires. Not sure I believe anyone anymore lol
Old 10-12-15, 07:04 PM
blackrx330
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by foxandhoun
Ok so thank you for the advice... took some back and forth and was able to remove everything and found out that I didn't even have tire protection. The guy lied to me. All I had on there was mechanical protection and wear tear. Anyhow, they are also giving me the rebate for Oct but that took a lot. So, should I keep wear snd tear? They mentioned it covers a full set of tires. Not sure I believe anyone anymore lol
No need to pay for normal wear and tear....or any add-ons that dealers like to trick you into buying, ie. tire protection, underbody coating, fabric protection, clear bra, mechanical protection (factory warranty covers this) etc. It's a lease. As long as you don't crash it, you don't have to worry about normal wear and tear.
Old 10-12-15, 07:11 PM
FLYCT

Personally I wouldn't bother paying $875 for wear and tear coverage. It's highly unlikely that when you return the car that you will ever be charged anything. It"s even more unlikely that if you were to be charged it would not be anywhere near $875. Save your money.

Last edited by FLYCT; 10-12-15 at 07:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Bad Lease Deal plus Crazy Ants!!!