RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Bad Lease Deal plus Crazy Ants!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-15, 08:08 PM
foxandhoun
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are leasers charged often for tires? I guess I'm most concerned with tires. I hope to trade in sometime during year 2 if possible. I'm wondering how many people enter 3yr and trade around year 2. Seems like that might determine wear and tear but I think you guys are right
Old 10-12-15, 09:14 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I wouldn't worry about wear and tear. I'm going to start a new thread asking about wear and tear experiences.

Tire wear should not be chargable unless the tire cord is exposed.

Here is a link to a Lexus site explaining excess wear & tear.
https://www.lexusfinancial.com/pub/s...ear---use.html

Here's a link on the CT200h forum of a guy that's trying to end his 3 year lease about 6 months early.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ct-...d-options.html

If you were thinking of getting rid of the car between 2-3 years its best to get a 2 year lease. At the end of the lease I know Honda will usually extend the lease at your request in 6 month intervals for up to another year.
Old 12-30-15, 12:06 AM
foxandhoun
Driver School Candidate

FOLLOW UP!!!!

I just wanted to follow up a few months later because has been a nightmare for my family. So many phone calls, emails, and lies. The Finance manager lied to me about free protections and warranties (really cost me $1500). He also assured our family that removing the warranties within the 3 day period would be no problem and would mean we would have to re-do the lease deal and this would apply newer incentives if available and lower my monthly payment, but as you might have guessed- he wouldnt return calls or emails to meet.

On about day 4, I showed up in person, so offended at the ordeal. The finance director listened and was shocked. He said he cannot re-do the deal, he said he would refund all protections and warranties, and he would give me the $500 October lease credit because I bought the car 1 day earlier (Sept 29) and experienced thousands of Ants, etc. I thought, finally someone honest and fair.

BUT---- it took so many emails and almost 3 MONTHS to finally get some of the credit applied to my lease bill. And no $500 lease incentive has been applied, His assistant is now saying she is unaware of any lease incentive although the Finance Director acknowledged this in person and in email. He seems now unresponsive. Im getting ignored.

Im at my limit with all of it. I should have returned the car within 3 days and gotten the hell away. How should I report this? Im so fed up with the whole experience. This pretty much ruined our first new Lexus. Im done with Lexus of Palm Beach. Done.

Last edited by foxandhoun; 12-30-15 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-30-15, 12:45 AM
Henry82
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by foxandhoun
I just wanted to follow up a few months later because has been a nightmare for my family. So many phone calls, emails, and lies. The Finance manager lied to me about free protections and warranties (really cost me $1500). He also assured our family that removing the warranties within the 3 day period would be no problem and would mean we would have to re-do the lease deal and this would apply newer incentives if available and lower my monthly payment, but as you might have guessed- he wouldnt return calls or emails to meet.

On about day 4, I showed up in person, so offended at the ordeal. The finance director listened and was shocked. He said he cannot re-do the deal, he said he would refund all protections and warranties, and he would give me the $500 October lease credit because I bought the car 1 day earlier (Sept 29) and experienced thousands of Ants, etc. I thought, finally someone honest and fair.

BUT---- it took so many emails and almost 3 MONTHS to finally get some of the credit applied to my lease bill. And no $500 lease incentive has been applied, His assistant is now saying she is unaware of any lease incentive although the Finance Director acknowledged this in person and in email. He seems now unresponsive. Im getting ignored.

Im at my limit with all of it. I should have returned the car within 3 days and gotten the hell away. How should I report this? Im so fed up with the whole experience. This pretty much ruined our first new Lexus. Im done with Lexus of Palm Beach. Done.
Where's Lexus Corporate in all of this? They'd be my phone call on day 2 of not getting treated right at the dealership.
Old 12-30-15, 08:16 AM
chandlervt
Driver

I agree. You should have had the corporate involved from Day 1. You can still involve them but once you sign a paper its legal contract. Not much they can do either.

For people reading this, I always demand everything on paper 1 day before I sign the lease or purchase agreement. I never walk in without knowing specific numbers. Luckily my dealer is great and honest. The sales man goes out of his way - sends me screenshots from his computer - to show there is no hanky panky being added. Also there is no finance manager there now. You always deal with your sales person, everything is on iPad - black and white. Best way to do business.

But it takes 2 to tango. I am not sure they do the same for everyone but their reviews are always good - so no reason to believe otherwise. I don't mind not getting the best deal in town but getting an honest deal is more important to me.
Old 12-30-15, 02:15 PM
foxandhoun
Driver School Candidate

I wish I did involve corporate, I didn't know that was an option. Ill reach
out now to corporate, auto nation, BBB. I agree about getting everything on
paper 1 day prior, I was driving around in a car with no AC. </P>
<P>It's lame that deception with lease/purchase is still happening. No one
expects you to sign a mortgage like this, so I don't get why finance guys can
rush you through the docs and claim this/that is free without repercussions. I
forgot to add that all along I thought I was buying a tire protection which was
on my first deal (crazy ant car) but the finance director told me that the
finance guy removed it on my second deal, but made me pay for the "free"
wear/tear to confuse me. After all these lies, the Finance director agreed to
give me the Oct lease incentive, then he disappears and there is no lease
incentive. This was flat out messed up. I CAN NO LONGER RECOMMEND PALM BCH
LEXUS!</P>
Old 01-04-16, 03:46 PM
bionictony
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i've never heard of ants in the car. that's a weird one. what were they attracted to in the car?
Old 01-04-16, 06:23 PM
FLYCT

Originally Posted by bionictony
i've never heard of ants in the car. that's a weird one. what were they attracted to in the car?
2 months ago I bought a 2015 Nissan Leaf fully electric car. After I got it home it had ants crawling all over the outside of the car for weeks. I couldn't find the source. I sprayed the plastic wheel wells with bug spray and placed liquid bait under the hood area on pieces of blue masking tape. It took about 2 more weeks and the finally they we're all gone. I haven't seen another ant and in a month.

I suspect they had it parked under a tree.
Old 01-04-16, 06:41 PM
FLYCT

Originally Posted by bionictony
2 months ago I bought a 2015 Nissan Leaf fully electric car. After I got it home it had ants crawling all over the outside of the car for weeks. I couldn't find the source. I sprayed the plastic wheel wells with bug spray and placed liquid bait under the hood area on pieces of blue masking tape. It took about 2 more weeks and the finally we're all gone. I haven't seen another and in a month.

I suspect they had it parked under a tree.