RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Anyone with Mud Guard installation instructions?

Old 03-15-15, 07:43 AM
bmaez
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with Mud Guard installation instructions?

Ordered a set through Sewell prior to Mar 1 and finally have the weather and weekend to install. They either didn't come with them or they got thrown out.

Can someone post or PM me a set?

Thanks.
Old 03-15-15, 09:11 AM
vince22
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bmaez
Ordered a set through Sewell prior to Mar 1 and finally have the weather and weekend to install. They either didn't come with them or they got thrown out.

Can someone post or PM me a set?

Thanks.
thanks to Anita she posted photos and setup instruction here.....

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...lap-rx350.html
Old 03-15-15, 11:36 AM
CanadianRX
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are these mudflaps any different than the ones that come with the vehicle? Ordered my 2013 new and they already had them on. Is it standard on Canadian models?

Originally Posted by vince22
thanks to Anita she posted photos and setup instruction here.....

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...lap-rx350.html
Old 03-15-15, 02:20 PM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadianRX
Are these mudflaps any different than the ones that come with the vehicle? Ordered my 2013 new and they already had them on. Is it standard on Canadian models?
Must be another one of those standard things our Canadian friends enjoy "as standard" on their deliveries. My US 2013 (built in Japan) did not come with mud flaps. I ordered the parts from Sewell while the RX was being built, installed myself the day it arrived in my garage, and remain happy to this day I have them in place.
Old 03-15-15, 03:48 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

bmaez, I'm surprised Sewell forgot to include the instructions with the mud guards. I know I posted in the thread vince mentioned a short description of what to do. But I had the dealer put them on for me. It was February and freezing! It should be fairly straightforward. The hardest part is probably removing the existing clips. And I guess mud guards are still standard on RXs sold in Canada. But they pay dearly for it.

Good luck with the install.
Old 03-15-15, 07:33 PM
CanadianRX
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would gladly take the U.S. car without mudflaps in exchange for U.S. pricing I think those mudflaps cost us around 7k.

Originally Posted by kitlz
bmaez, I'm surprised Sewell forgot to include the instructions with the mud guards. I know I posted in the thread vince mentioned a short description of what to do. But I had the dealer put them on for me. It was February and freezing! It should be fairly straightforward. The hardest part is probably removing the existing clips. And I guess mud guards are still standard on RXs sold in Canada. But they pay dearly for it.

Old 03-16-15, 09:45 AM
bmaez
Driver

They probably did. The fronts are pretty straight forward but the rears involve drilling or screwing into the panel so I just want to make sure it's right.
Old 03-16-15, 10:04 AM
BertL

OP, another thought is to perhaps just give Sewell Parts a call. Their website may be down, but they are still there physically. Explain the situation and I bet they will get you another set -- they've always been great to me in the past with customer service. Good luck.
Old 03-16-15, 10:26 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Or try the local dealer. They might be able to provide a copy or at least some guidance. Bert, I guess you didn't save the instructions. Do you remember if you had to drill holes for the rear mud guards? That means there would've been some kind of template. I used one for the 330 mud guards, also for the rear cargo net. It came with the instructions.
Old 03-16-15, 10:49 AM
fastnoypi
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 71 Posts

I had a copy of the pdf but can't find it at the moment. I recall just locating the molded dimples along the edge of wheel well and slipping the nut springs over them. Then using the supplied self tapping hex screws to secure the flap.

Here is the instructions for the Highlander to compare on pages 3 and 4.

http://www.toyotapart.com/PT908-48110.pdf
Old 03-16-15, 10:52 AM
fastnoypi
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 71 Posts

Found it for my 2010.
Attached Files
Old 03-16-15, 11:04 AM
BertL

Or try the local dealer. They might be able to provide a copy or at least some guidance. Bert, I guess you didn't save the instructions. Do you remember if you had to drill holes for the rear mud guards? That means there would've been some kind of template. I used one for the 330 mud guards, also for the rear cargo net. It came with the instructions.
I keep everything I think I may use again, but I checked yesterday, and tossed the instructions after installing since I knew the flaps wouldn't be coming back off by me. I can't rememeber for sure with the 3Gen RX, since I put flaps on each of my cars, but I do seem to remember the dimples were there -- as fastnoypi suggests. ...and I know I had to drill holes for one car somewhere along the line, but the rest used existing or self-tapping screws that just fit into the dimples. IIRC, the RX flaps reuse the screws already there and perhaps another is added on the rears... Just don't remember the specifics. Guess, I purged that space in my head for some other useless fact. I bet if the OP looks closely at the bag of stuff he has that came with the flaps, where there are holes in the flaps and looks at front and rear, it will become pretty clear how to proceed... but personally, I'd just call whoever I bought the flaps from and see if they could help provide another set of instructions if I had any question.
Old 03-16-15, 11:05 AM
BertL

Originally Posted by fastnoypi
Found it for my 2010.
THANK YOU. Looks like my aging mind wasn't that far off. Phewwwwww.
Old 03-16-15, 02:44 PM
bmaez
Driver

Originally Posted by fastnoypi
Found it for my 2010.

Thanks everyone....

Just received an email with the PDF from Sewell stating that they didn't include the instructions in the box because they were posted online. Anyways, everything good...now that I know where the clips and holes I need to make need to be.

I'm new to iMac and for some reason when I view the PDF on my computer the pictures don't show but on my iPhone it works fine.....don't think its Lexus related but any input would be great.
Old 03-16-15, 03:05 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

bmaez, I'm glad you finally received the instructions. Good luck with the install. Re the problem viewing the PDF, it looks fine on my iMac. Maybe you need to update Adobe.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone with Mud Guard installation instructions?