RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Does Blind Spot Monitor include Rear Cross Traffic Alert?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-14, 08:39 PM
steverhode
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does Blind Spot Monitor include Rear Cross Traffic Alert?

I have and love my 2015 Lexus GS that I special ordered since I wanted every single safety option avaible on it, not just almost all of the them.

My wife is considering getting an RX and again we will order all safety gadgetry on hers. It seems the technologies used in both cars are almost the same. There is one I am not sure about on the RX.

Can you tell me if the Blind Spot Monitor include Rear Cross Traffic Alert? That is the feature on backing up that beeps when it sees a car, a bike or even a person walking toward the vehicle from the rear side. It's great feature. Thanks
Old 08-29-14, 10:00 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by steverhode
I have and love my 2015 Lexus GS that I special ordered since I wanted every single safety option avaible on it, not just almost all of the them.

My wife is considering getting an RX and again we will order all safety gadgetry on hers. It seems the technologies used in both cars are almost the same. There is one I am not sure about on the RX.

Can you tell me if the Blind Spot Monitor include Rear Cross Traffic Alert? That is the feature on backing up that beeps when it sees a car, a bike or even a person walking toward the vehicle from the rear side. It's great feature. Thanks
Not an option on the regular RX it is available however on the Fsport. I have it on my GX and it is a great feature.
It's interesting that they put it on the tall GX and not the shorter RX. Really don't need it on the GX because you can see over most other cars in a parking lot. It would be great on the RX. I always feel vulnerable pulling out of a parking space in the RX.
I've asked around to see if it could be installed after market but haven't gotten any answers.
Old 08-29-14, 11:54 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sandy14
Not an option on the regular RX it is available however on the Fsport. I have it on my GX and it is a great feature.
It's interesting that they put it on the tall GX and not the shorter RX. Really don't need it on the GX because you can see over most other cars in a parking lot. It would be great on the RX. I always feel vulnerable pulling out of a parking space in the RX.
I've asked around to see if it could be installed after market but haven't gotten any answers.
Never a problem with me, since i always " Reverse Park" ( Rear end facing the wall) as much as possible.
Old 08-30-14, 03:34 PM
steverhode
Lead Lap

I believe you but I am surprised. Even the Toyota Avalon and the RAV4 have RCTA.
Old 08-30-14, 07:51 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

I believe you but I am surprised. Even the Toyota Avalon and the RAV4 have RCTA.
I know. I was really disappointed. I'm sure it will be on next years model (16) or maybe even on this years model (15) later on. That will be too late for me though.
Old 08-31-14, 08:39 AM
steverhode
Lead Lap

I checked the brochure and the website. I see no reference to the RX Fsport having RCTA
Old 08-31-14, 08:26 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

I checked the brochure and the website. I see no reference to the RX Fsport having RCTA
If I remember correctly, it's listed under Fsport features or in packages on their website. I saw it there and then confirmed it with my sales guy.
Old 09-01-14, 10:53 AM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Angry

Wow, thought I was hallucinating.
I looked on my iPad and laptop and you are correct. There's no mention of RCTA there, but, if you access the main website on a desktop, build your Lexus, RX 350 Fsport, it has it mentioned in the packages.
Old 09-05-14, 08:41 AM
steverhode
Lead Lap

Wow, thought I was hallucinating.
I looked on my iPad and laptop and you are correct. There's no mention of RCTA there, but, if you access the main website on a desktop, build your Lexus, RX 350 Fsport, it has it mentioned in the packages.
I must admit I don't understand the logic. I can see RCTA being part of a safety or a premium package but it has nothing to sportyness or performance so why put it on an FSport but not have it available on any package on a non-FSport?
Old 09-05-14, 09:14 AM
LeoDLion
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This is a feature I like to have. I have a stiff neck and now can not look far back that much. If there is a way to put an aftermarket device, I am in.
Old 09-05-14, 11:59 AM
Tom558
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LeoDLion
This is a feature I like to have. I have a stiff neck and now can not look far back that much. If there is a way to put an aftermarket device, I am in.
Yep, Cadillac SRX w/ Luxury package.
Old 09-05-14, 12:06 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

I must admit I don't understand the logic. I can see RCTA being part of a safety or a premium package but it has nothing to sportyness or performance so why put it on an FSport but not have it available on any package on a non-FSport?
Agree. Makes no sense at all. One would assume it would at least be an option.
I've tried to find out what it would take to add it but no luck so far. I'm assuming more sensors would have to be added to the BSM?
Old 09-05-14, 12:17 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

I can find no parts or service reference to RCTA in any model of RX, any year. It is not inconceivable that there is a misprint in the published information re: F-Sport RX.

BTW - The 2013 GS with BSM did not have RCTA (F-Sport or Luxury or Base) but the 2014 GS's with BSM do.
Old 09-05-14, 01:28 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't think the feature is available at an RX350,350F Sport or 450h at all.
Any active member ( who actually have this feature on his RX) here who can prove me wrong.
Thanks!
Old 03-09-20, 10:14 AM
RChauvin
Driver School Candidate

Default RCTA first appears in the 2016 owners manual

Via the Lexus site, RCTA appears in the 2016 owners manual.
https://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/d...f/OM0E012U.pdf

Quick Reply: Does Blind Spot Monitor include Rear Cross Traffic Alert?