RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Loose piece on new 15 RX

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-14, 10:45 AM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Loose piece on new 15 RX

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...1&d=1403545280
This black piece is slightly lose on my new RX. Thought I would ask here before I go down to the dealer and start feeling the backs of all the new RXs.
Attached Thumbnails Loose piece on new 15 RX-img_1024.jpg  
Old 06-23-14, 10:51 AM
SteveCraig
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sandy14,
First of all congrats on the new wheels !
Whether any other car on the lots have this piece loose or not, I'd get the dealer to check the fasteners on yours.
I doubt it was meant to be loose & don't accept "all the other ones do that too................".

Cheers,
Old 06-23-14, 11:42 AM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SteveCraig
Sandy14,
First of all congrats on the new wheels !
Whether any other car on the lots have this piece loose or not, I'd get the dealer to check the fasteners on yours.
I doubt it was meant to be loose & don't accept "all the other ones do that too................".

Cheers,
Thanks, I just love it.
My husband noticed the side piece is a little lose, we're just able to move it a little on one side.
My biggest concern is that it houses the back wipers. I'm scheduling a service appt. today
Old 06-23-14, 04:35 PM
RGSW
Intermediate

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

I just checked my new 2015 RX350 and it appears that the lower part of the side piece is not secured and not meant to be secured. It moves only slightly at the bottom but is secure at the top/upper part. I thank that's the way it's designed.
Old 06-23-14, 08:05 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

I just checked mine. Both sides are tight with no movement.
Old 06-23-14, 08:42 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Well that's interesting. I checked mine again and like RGSW it's the bottom that's slightly lose. The other side is tight. I'm having it looked at when I can get down there. I'll let y'all know.
Old 06-24-14, 08:44 AM
sandy14
Lead Lap

I stopped by the dealer today. My service guy says it's not supposed to be lose. We looked at some there and most are tight. He's not sure what's needed yet. I'm taking it back next week when I have more time.
Old 06-24-14, 05:01 PM
Hoosiers
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Sandy, I noticed the exact same thing on mine last Saturday while washing it. Its the piece on the drivers side, just as in your picture. I can hear it squeak, and see it move, when washing and drying. Forgot about it until I saw your post. The passenger side is very tight and secure. Keep us posted on what the dealership does, I'll also be taking mine in for adjustment. Really digging my new ride though!
Old 06-24-14, 08:14 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Hoosiers
Hey Sandy, I noticed the exact same thing on mine last Saturday while washing it. Its the piece on the drivers side, just as in your picture. I can hear it squeak, and see it move, when washing and drying. Forgot about it until I saw your post. The passenger side is very tight and secure. Keep us posted on what the dealership does, I'll also be taking mine in for adjustment. Really digging my new ride though!
I know you're loving it! Me too.
I will let you know what happens.
Old 06-25-14, 05:42 PM
Hoosiers
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Sandy, I sure hope that's an easy-and permanent fix...

Gotta tell you a story I think you'll relate to. When I bought my car I tried to get dealership to throw in illuminated sills - no go on that, they did offer to install them for $800+. I declined of course. But I couldn't get those sills out of my head, checked the price on Sewell, read posts from those that installed them, almost ordered... but held-off. Then yesterday afternoon, I get my annual performance review - and surprise! surprise!. It came with monetary bonus.

*Immediately* came home and ordered the illuminated sills from Sewell. Email came in this afternoon saying delivery is scheduled this Friday!

Props to Sewell for fantastic ClubLexus pricing and tremendous customer service! And props to fellow CL members who posted comments on self-install hints, tips, and tricks!
Old 06-25-14, 08:37 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Smile

Originally Posted by Hoosiers
Thanks Sandy, I sure hope that's an easy-and permanent fix...

Gotta tell you a story I think you'll relate to. When I bought my car I tried to get dealership to throw in illuminated sills - no go on that, they did offer to install them for $800+. I declined of course. But I couldn't get those sills out of my head, checked the price on Sewell, read posts from those that installed them, almost ordered... but held-off. Then yesterday afternoon, I get my annual performance review - and surprise! surprise!. It came with monetary bonus.

*Immediately* came home and ordered the illuminated sills from Sewell. Email came in this afternoon saying delivery is scheduled this Friday!

Props to Sewell for fantastic ClubLexus pricing and tremendous customer service! And props to fellow CL members who posted comments on self-install hints, tips, and tricks!
I couldn't get them outta my mind either. I tried to order from the factory so I could get the lux package but the dealer didn't want to go that route. They wanted to charge me 600 so I ordered
From Sewelll too. My sales guy installed them in about 5 minutes ( no charge). I bet you could get someone at your dealers to do the same.
If not it looks pretty easy. They just plug in. I think I could've done it myself but since Glenn offered I let him.
They look great! Just gives the RX a little biit more class
Back to the lose piece. They looked at it again today. If you look with the back open you can see where it's lose. Now they're trying to decide what to do about it. Seems to be fairly common in the 15s.
Old 06-30-14, 08:21 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

It's fixed. They just popped it back in place after days of trying to figure it out.
It fits up against the rubber seal so if anybody else has this problem it's probably a good idea to take it in.
Looks like moisture could get inside the back window over time.
Old 03-16-18, 03:29 PM
tempestv8
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

I checked mine and it's definitely not "loose". Had to go out, as I was curious to see whether I had this issue or not. Clearly "loose" is not normal....