RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

inside car carpet mats without rubber

Old 04-15-14, 08:07 PM
TREE1006
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default inside car carpet mats without rubber

Hello , I just bought a brand new lexus RX350 new 2014...it came with nice car mats front and rear but..they have rubber backing...and I have a latex / rubber allergy...I have been on line and wonder if anyone knows where to find car mats with no rubber backing..I don't see the reason for the rubber, it only adds pollution to the inside of the car, and your breathing that , not to mention there is not reason for rubber on the back I don't see the point of it..I just want a nice carpet plain backing..anyone know of a place that makes them? thanks
Old 04-16-14, 05:30 AM
TorontoRX
Rookie

I dont believe you will find that - just a plain backing on carpet for the RX. Manufacturers make it so that there is traction at the bottom to reduce the slippage to avoid the carpet getting stuck to any of the pedals. We all know where that can lead to.

I will assume that you've owned other cars in the past. How have you dealt with the allergy issue in the past with car carpets?

Good luck with the search tho.
Old 04-16-14, 06:03 AM
azinn
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TREE1006
Hello , I just bought a brand new lexus RX350 new 2014...it came with nice car mats front and rear but..they have rubber backing...and I have a latex / rubber allergy...I have been on line and wonder if anyone knows where to find car mats with no rubber backing..I don't see the reason for the rubber, it only adds pollution to the inside of the car, and your breathing that , not to mention there is not reason for rubber on the back I don't see the point of it..I just want a nice carpet plain backing..anyone know of a place that makes them? thanks
Might find what your looking for here http://www.autosupermart.com/store/s...ml?id=XMjPYadN
Old 04-21-14, 09:08 AM
TREE1006
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks! I found something

Thanks Azin for post..I went there and from there I made calls and searched and researched...First how did I handle it before....Before I had a Lexus..2002..the carpet in the car was beautiful, thick and plush..like my leather seats..Two weeks ago I was forced to buy a new car..my car being 13 years old needed much work..little things like sensors and more that added up to over 3,000 for work done thus, I got a new car. So, that old car with the plush carpets, I used no other floor mats. In the new car the inside carpet is less plush, there fore I want this car to last like my other I need Mats. Here is what I found from searching for two weeks, The industry does make them with the nubs, but Rubber inside your car is not good for ANYONE Let alone someone with Rubber allergy. You will be breathing this chemical in your lungs and the inside quality of the air in your car will not be good. There is one company who has made sure this does not happen, thats Honda. And one of the ways they do it is their car mats have no rubber backing. Also, when someone here made a comment "Manufacturers make it so that there is traction at the bottom to reduce the slippage to avoid the carpet getting stuck to any of the pedals." I ALSO CHECKED THAT OUT With the Manufacturer..that was due to..people putting "Mats over Mats"..Plus. knowing that people may continue to do this so in the newer cars.."the petals are made a little higher and smaller". So, I did find two companys who make carpeted mats for the same reason I need them for better health to the consumer and the inside air in the car Here are their websites and they both send free samples...Thanks for your response..One is Environmentally friendly construction contains no PVC, plasticizers, or glue, ..Anti-slip MAXpider fibers on bottom layer hold mats in place- this company is in Calif but sells on line..the company is " U Ace Classic Floor Mat " and this one GGBailey.com, is part of the Racemark International group of companies that include manufacturing plants located in Georgia and Switzerland. Our plants are dedicated to the production of the finest automobile floor mats in the world. All of our car floor mats have a special Open Cell Foam backing that we have exclusively designed to prevent car floor mat movement. GGBailey.com car mats are tested to top OEM manufacturing standards that are not found in other aftermarket competitors. Also, I read this..That new car smell can be appealing. But researchers say that you’re actually breathing in toxic materials that can be harmful to your health. Some new vehicles have more toxic materials than others. The Ecology Center tested more than 200 new vehicles from the 2011 and 2012 model year and found that the 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport had the highest amount of toxic chemicals. The 2011 Chrysler 200 SC and Kia Soul also ranked at the bottom for having high amounts of chemicals. The 2012 Honda Civic had the lowest amount of toxic chemicals, followed by the 2011 Toyota Prius and 2011 Honda CR-Z.“Overall, Ecology Center has rated Honda as the top automaker with respect to healthy car interiors every year since 2007, while Hyundai-Kia was ranked the lowest during the last two years, according to the study,” MSNBC reports.