RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2010-2014 Interior lighting LED conversion

Old 01-03-16, 12:52 PM
greeknasty
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadianRX
Aren't the license plate lights LED already?
yep but something about them makes it not easy to replace. from sylvanias website:
This bulb location uses LED lighting and is not a simple replacement part. There is a printed circuit board unit that can normally be found at the dealer
Old 01-03-16, 04:47 PM
XOPRESENTS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got it, I wanted to get a cooler white color and was hoping that swapping the lights out would be as easy as my second gen RX. Thanks for the input, I greatly appreciate it.

Cheers,

Ron
Old 01-03-16, 06:48 PM
greeknasty
Pole Position

Originally Posted by XOPRESENTS
Got it, I wanted to get a cooler white color and was hoping that swapping the lights out would be as easy as my second gen RX. Thanks for the input, I greatly appreciate it.

Cheers,

Ron
hm...are they not white right now? take a pic whenever possble. i assumed all third gen rx's had the white LED liscense lights
Old 01-03-16, 07:09 PM
XOPRESENTS
Driver School Candidate

I will do that once I get a chance, but thank you for this thread. Looking forward to doing the mods later this week and this thread has answered most of my questions.

Cheers,

Ron

Originally Posted by greeknasty
hm...are they not white right now? take a pic whenever possble. i assumed all third gen rx's had the white LED liscense lights
Old 01-05-16, 11:13 AM
lilti9er
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for this thread! I love the white 5k bulbs and will need to bug the hubby to do this for me!
Old 01-23-16, 11:11 AM
ehime
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone know what they're selling for Puddle Lights now? I can't find the 5k-4 HPF's on their site anymore =(
Old 01-23-16, 04:27 PM
greeknasty
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ehime
Does anyone know what they're selling for Puddle Lights now? I can't find the 5k-4 HPF's on their site anymore =(
this should do the trick:
http://www.vleds.com/194-4-hpf-w-5k-n.html
Old 01-23-16, 06:48 PM
XOPRESENTS
Driver School Candidate

Quick question, I finally changed out all my lights but I was working on my puddle lights and ran into a problem.
I got the driver side to work perfectly with the first shot but when I was trying to do the passenger side I ran into issue. After replacing pulling out the led bulb and replacing it with the led bulb the lights won't come on. I first thought it might had been the bulb or wrong connection but after switching it out with the 2 other led bulbs I was stumped. I did push the bulb in a bit and noticed that the light went on, however once I released the pressure the bulb would simply turn back off. So I tried to put the original bulb on and that thing wouldn't light. I'm not an expert on electrical, so any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ron
Old 02-05-16, 10:11 PM
chinhboi
Driver School Candidate

I got the easy trunk bulbs and foot wells done.

I'll tackle four doors and ceilings later

Btw, it's a little hard to remove those foot well bulbs-- the super easy way of taking them out is using a long strip of tape. Fold the tape around the bulb, and gently pull out.

Thank you YouTube.
Old 06-12-16, 12:21 PM
Ladyt
Rookie

Great Thread! I pick up my 2013 Rx this week
Old 07-20-16, 09:30 AM
Yurka
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I did LED conversion this morning on my 2013, however Vanity light thats on drivers side does not work for some reason, i tried different LED bulbs and they work everywhere but there, so i assume there is something up with electric cables or something of that kind. Anybody could suggest how to fix it or should i visit a dealer for that?
Old 07-20-16, 01:23 PM
greeknasty
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Yurka
I did LED conversion this morning on my 2013, however Vanity light thats on drivers side does not work for some reason, i tried different LED bulbs and they work everywhere but there, so i assume there is something up with electric cables or something of that kind. Anybody could suggest how to fix it or should i visit a dealer for that?
does your OEM bulb work for the vanity?
Old 07-20-16, 01:46 PM
Yurka
Intermediate

It burned out the other day, like my gf had the light on and then boom, it went dark, so i ordered LED package and yeah, it works on other lights but vanity on drivers side, passenger side works fine
Old 07-20-16, 05:40 PM
airboss
Pit Crew

I think I'd take the OEM bulb out of the drivers side and see if it works on the pax side. Sounds rather coincidental that it stopped and the LED doesn't work.
Old 07-20-16, 05:48 PM
Yurka
Intermediate

Originally Posted by airboss
I think I'd take the OEM bulb out of the drivers side and see if it works on the pax side. Sounds rather coincidental that it stopped and the LED doesn't work.
I did take the original bulb that was on the driver side and put it on passenger side and it didn't work, I then out led on driver side and it didn't work, but when I put the same exact LED bulb on Z passenger side it did light up, so there's something up with driver side connection. Is there something I can do by myself maybe or should o advice at the dealership once I go for oil change?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010-2014 Interior lighting LED conversion