RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

RX Aftermarket Wheel thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-14, 01:40 PM
viperdoc
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RX Aftermarket Wheel thread

Hi All,

I have been looking around lately for some new wheels. I have always thought that the RX (particularly the F sport) needed wider tires. 245s for sure, perhaps 255s? I know i can squeeze those widths on the stock rims, but I want to stay away from spacers, and am willing to purchase new, wider rims as well. But I haven't found many pics or specs from other RX owners who have upgraded their wheels.

So, I am asking for your help in my decision process (please). If you have gone away from the stock tire size and/or added new, wider wheels, please post your specs, including wheel brand, size and offset, and tire size as well. If you have pics, please post. And also any comments you have regarding changes in handling and ride.

Thank you!!!
Old 03-07-14, 07:43 AM
vince22
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by viperdoc
Hi All,

I have been looking around lately for some new wheels. I have always thought that the RX (particularly the F sport) needed wider tires. 245s for sure, perhaps 255s? I know i can squeeze those widths on the stock rims, but I want to stay away from spacers, and am willing to purchase new, wider rims as well. But I haven't found many pics or specs from other RX owners who have upgraded their wheels.

So, I am asking for your help in my decision process (please). If you have gone away from the stock tire size and/or added new, wider wheels, please post your specs, including wheel brand, size and offset, and tire size as well. If you have pics, please post. And also any comments you have regarding changes in handling and ride.

Thank you!!!
Even though aftermarket wheels is not my cup of tea but if I need one this would be my top choice...
Vossen VVSCV1, check the thread below for photos.

http://www.vossenwheels.com/wheels/VVSCV1.aspx

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...two-weeks.html
Old 03-07-14, 12:42 PM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

OEM offset is 35mm. 255s will clear fenders and suspension just fine w/o spacers or adjusting offset. I'm running 255s as my winter set on 18" rims, 8" wide.
Old 03-07-14, 07:34 PM
viperdoc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by vlad_a
OEM offset is 35mm. 255s will clear fenders and suspension just fine w/o spacers or adjusting offset. I'm running 255s as my winter set on 18" rims, 8" wide.
Thanks, That's great info. I was actually leaning toward going to 18s for the winter as we'll. interestingly, on the Sewell website it lists the oem wheels for the f sport at a 45 offset.

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2013/5730.html
Which lexus wheels were you running originally?
Old 03-08-14, 01:47 AM
tak06
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered a set of Rotary Forged TSW "Tanaka" rims and tires. Rims are 20"x9" 32 offset with 265/45/20" Hankook AS RH07's. According to TSW, this offset is fairly aggressive with the tires flush with the fenders. The rims are 28.95 lb's and the diameter of the OE tires are 29.2" & the Hankook's 29.4" just
about as close as you can get with the Plus One setup.
Just one hang up, I'll have to remove my 20mm H&R hub centric spacers, I hope there're not stuck to badly although I applied anti-seize on both surfaces.
Here's a pic. of the TSW Tanaka Rims:

Last edited by tak06; 03-08-14 at 11:08 AM.
Old 03-08-14, 11:35 AM
txes
Lead Lap

Love TSW wheels.

Currently running TSW Silverstone's on my ES350.

This is my fourth set of TSW wheels and for the money you can't go wrong.

John

P.S. the Lexus center caps fit perfectly
Old 03-08-14, 02:21 PM
mohrd
Driver

Check with Eric @ www.getyourwheels.com. I think they are still a forum vendor. I've bought four sets of wheels for Lexus (RX and SC) from them including a set of the Lumarai for a '13 Fsport. Seems to me TSW makes the Lumarai line of wheels. They are made hub centric for Lexus, use the factory wheel nuts and center caps. Excellent guy to deal with.
Old 03-08-14, 02:37 PM
tak06
Driver

Originally Posted by txes
Love TSW wheels.

Currently running TSW Silverstone's on my ES350.

This is my fourth set of TSW wheels and for the money you can't go wrong.

John

P.S. the Lexus center caps fit perfectly
I agree, for approx. $350.00 per wheel it's hard to beat especially if it's the rotary forged
model, low weight and very good quality.
I have a set of TSW Nurburgrings on my C5 Z06 and the weight of these in 9x19" & 10.5x20's
are almost the same weight as OE setup of 9.5x17" & 10.5x18's.

Thanks I didn't know that the Lexus center caps fit
Old 03-08-14, 02:50 PM
tak06
Driver

Originally Posted by mohrd
Check with Eric @ www.getyourwheels.com. I think they are still a forum vendor. I've bought four sets of wheels for Lexus (RX and SC) from them including a set of the Lumarai for a '13 Fsport. Seems to me TSW makes the Lumarai line of wheels. They are made hub centric for Lexus, use the factory wheel nuts and center caps. Excellent guy to deal with.
Here's the site for hubcentric TSW Lumarai made specifically for Lexus vehicles

Old 03-13-14, 02:23 PM
viperdoc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tak06
Just ordered a set of Rotary Forged TSW "Tanaka" rims and tires. Rims are 20"x9" 32 offset with 265/45/20" Hankook AS RH07's. According to TSW, this offset is fairly aggressive with the tires flush with the fenders. The rims are 28.95 lb's and the diameter of the OE tires are 29.2" & the Hankook's 29.4" just
about as close as you can get with the Plus One setup.
Just one hang up, I'll have to remove my 20mm H&R hub centric spacers, I hope there're not stuck to badly although I applied anti-seize on both surfaces.
Here's a pic. of the TSW Tanaka Rims:
I really like those. I will have to look into them.

I do have one question. I am leaning toward 18x8s for a slighly softer ride for summer highway driving. The set I like either comes in a 22 offset or a 35 offset. I want to push the wheels out a bit but I am concerned that a 22 offset is going to be too much, and go past the fenders. And the 35 offset is the same as OEM, and am worried that the 255s will be too close to the suspension and rub. It seems like the sweet spot is a 30-32 offset for tires that wide. Anyone have any advice? I may just have to pick a different set of rims that have a more ideal offset, but what would you say is ideal???

Last edited by viperdoc; 03-13-14 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-13-14, 03:19 PM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

I'm running 255s on 18x8 rims with 35mm offset. No issues whatsoever.
Old 03-13-14, 03:30 PM
dapimpee
Pole Position

Originally Posted by viperdoc
Hi All,

Thank you!!!
I used to had 255/45/19 on my 10 350RX and they fit like gloves., here is the picture of it.
Attached Thumbnails RX Aftermarket Wheel thread-img_0395.jpg  
Old 03-13-14, 04:09 PM
viperdoc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by vlad_a
I'm running 255s on 18x8 rims with 35mm offset. No issues whatsoever.
Perfect info. Thanks so much, can I ask what brand You went with? And if you have been happy with them from a durability standpoint? There are so many manufacturers you never know about the quality of some of them. I would also love to see a picture to see how they fill out the wheel wells (if you wouldn't mind)
Old 03-15-14, 01:05 AM
tak06
Driver

I changed my order from the TSW Tanaka wheels to the Lexus specific TSW Lumarai wheels just in time before D.T.D. had mounted & balanced the other package. I liked the fact that they were light, hubcentric & would accept the Lexus center logo as well as the Lexus flat shouldered OE nuts.
This is a "plus one" setup, they are 20x8.5" 37mm offset with Hankook 265/45/20" AH R07 tires. My concern is that this package may not be aggressive enough for my taste with the 37mm offset as I like the tires to be flush with the top of the fenders.
I will post pics as soon as I install the setup & will attempt to program the TPMS sensors with my newly purchased "Ateq QuickSet" Apparently this device will program 2 sets of TPMS sensor's wheel/tire packages, summer & winter for 4 different vehicles.
Old 03-15-14, 07:01 AM
titomang
Rookie

Those TSW wheels look good. Please post pics once installed.

Quick Reply: RX Aftermarket Wheel thread