RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Bought my second Lex! An '11 rx350

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-14, 08:38 PM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Bought my second Lex! An '11 rx350

I was looking for a 2RX for my wife and new baby. CPO prices were mid 20's. I wound up with what I think is a much better deal all around..
2011 3RX RX350 CPO 56k miles 27250 after negotiating.

couple of scratches here and there, some are pretty deep and won't buff out. the silver color helps this out though, Not like my black LS. Slight curb rash here and there. Cosmetically an 8/10. Car looks amazing from a couple feet away though- dealer will try their best to work on the scratches on the back lift gate and rear right door where some moron blobbed touch up paint like a preschooler.

Silver on Black
Nav-backup premium/comfort/tow package
Brand new michelins/new brakes
27,250 I think the price is good- all things considered, as the car is not a perfect cream puff.

I will however give a real detail come spring and knock everybody's socks off when I porter cable this thing... Might also doctor color chip little flaws too. No dings- which is good.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Lust4Lexus; 02-28-14 at 12:41 PM.
Old 02-06-14, 11:09 PM
raylor4
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Lust4Lexus
I was looking for a 2RX for my wife and new baby. CPO prices were mid 20's. I wound up with what I think is a much better deal all around..
2011 3RX RX350 CPO 56k miles 27250 after negotiating.

couple of scratches here and there, some are pretty deep and won't buff out. the silver color helps this out though. Not like my black LS. Slight curb rash here and there. Cosmetically an 8/10. Car looks amazing from a couple feet away though. . But will try their best to work on the scratches in the back lift gate where some moron blobbed touch up paint like a preschooler.

Silver on Black
Nav-backup premium/comfort/tow package
Brand new michelins/new brakes
27,250 I think the price is good- all things considered, as the car is not a perfect cream puff.

I will however give a real detail come spring and knock everybody's socks off when I porter cable this thing... Might also doctor color chip little flaws too. No dings.

What do you guys think?
Our 2011 RX350 CPO, cherry throughout, 32,000 mi. No Nav, Orig. tires, orig. brakes, $33,500 +, last November. I'd say you got a good deal. We love the car.
Ray A.
Old 02-07-14, 07:45 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Cheap and congrats! Post pics when you get a chance and show us the "damage".
Old 02-08-14, 02:50 PM
dwlink
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are happy with the price you paid then who cares. Similar to real estate, some people may see more value in paying more for a pristine "move-in ready" item and others may prefer the lower price of an item that needs some minor repairs or improvement.
Old 02-08-14, 03:14 PM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

Very true indeed. Well put.
Old 02-09-14, 11:45 AM
ngerstman
Rookie

I paid 32,000 for my 2011 CPO in show room shape in December. Sounds like you got a great deal! Enjoy. Regards. Ned.
Old 02-21-14, 09:46 PM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

Well, I cleaned the interior up to my own standards, got rid of that horrible armor all garbage that was streaked all over interior. Now it's back to factory matte. She cleaned up very nicely. Obvioulsy the Micky mouse touch up paint and curb rash remains (I'll get a pic) as well as a couple of nicks here and there on the plastic trim on hatch, but hey- the car has 56k on it. Happy with car, and still think that the 27k I paid cpo was worth the price of admission compared to a pristine one. Dealer touch up paint was a joke. Scratches look worse! Ugh! Ill post pics soon. btw- the car was just in for service and I complained about all the things I could only discover after having the car for a little bit..

Here goes-

New front control arms
New rear shocks
New radio ( had a mind of its own)
New drivers window regulator. (Making horrible noise)
And of course the car had new tires and brakes when I got it....

You simply can't TOUCH Lexus quality service...CPO is a no brainer. Something goes wrong- it just gets replaced. CPO pays for itself. Instantly, especially in my case. This is the number one reason I will continue to be Lexus loyal. They know how to keep a customer.

BTW- my car now rides much more smoothly and similar to the '13 I had as a loaner.. Woo hoo!

Last edited by Lust4Lexus; 02-22-14 at 12:22 AM.
Old 02-21-14, 11:09 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, I cleaned the interior up to my own standards, got rid of that horrible armor all garbage that was streaked all over interior. Now it's back to factory matte. She cleaned up very nicely. Obviorlsy the Micky mouse touch up paint and curb rash remains (I'll get a pic) as well as a couple of nicks here and there on the plastic trim on hatch, but hey- the car has 56k on it. Happy with car, and still think that the 27k I paid cpo wax worth the price of admission compared to a pristine one. Ill post pics soon. btw- the car was just in for service and I complained about all the things I could only discover after having the car for a little bit..

Here goes-

New front control arms
New rear shocks
New drivers window regulator.

You simply can't TOUCH Lexus quality service...

BTW- my car now rides much more smoothly and similar to the '13 I had as a loaner.. Woo hoo!
Hi, there Lust4Lexus. So were all of these items covered under your CPO warranty? I take it from your post that your RX was not driving as smooth as you liked? I'll have to keep in mind the front control arms and rear shocks that were put on your RX. I have a 2010 RX that my lease is almost up on it, and I'm strongly considering buying it, but the ride quality of the vehicle has been my main gripe for this car since driving it these past 3-and-a-half years. I remember a little over a year ago taking it in for a warranty repair and I got to drive a 2012 loaner RX for two weeks and I liked the ride quality of the 2012 much better than my 2010
Old 02-21-14, 11:51 PM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

It was all covered. The rear shocks were leaking, and he said they changed the front control arms because of a knocking noise I was hearing... He said it had something to do with the bushings. Car definitely feels similar to the newer loaner I had. They switched the rear shocks with a revised part I believe. These shocks are supposed to be a little softer. (As in the later model Years) Much better now and rides closer to the loaner, although the loaner is still a softer ride. Mine has michelins, and loaner had bridgestones, so......

Last edited by Lust4Lexus; 02-28-14 at 12:37 PM.
Old 02-24-14, 04:30 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, I cleaned the interior up to my own standards, got rid of that horrible armor all garbage that was streaked all over interior. Now it's back to factory matte. She cleaned up very nicely. Obvioulsy the Micky mouse touch up paint and curb rash remains (I'll get a pic) as well as a couple of nicks here and there on the plastic trim on hatch, but hey- the car has 56k on it. Happy with car, and still think that the 27k I paid cpo was worth the price of admission compared to a pristine one. Dealer touch up paint was a joke. Scratches look worse! Ugh! Ill post pics soon. btw- the car was just in for service and I complained about all the things I could only discover after having the car for a little bit..

Here goes-

New front control arms
New rear shocks
New drivers window regulator. (Making horrible noise)

You simply can't TOUCH Lexus quality service...CPO is a no brainer. Something goes wrong- it just gets replaced. CPO pays for itself. Instantly, especially in my case. This is the number one reason I will continue to be Lexus loyal. They know how to keep a customer.

Great post bro, man you got a great price
Old 02-28-14, 09:25 AM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

Great news! I started to get a little salty about the lack of proper paint work and reconditioning my car was supposed to go through for certification. The manager agreed to take care of all the issues with the car. Has was apologetic that the car left the lot in its condition. He is going to take care of everything and have the car for a little while, so they can take their time and do it right. I'm in a '14 Rx in the meantime. Works for me! If the car comes back perfect, It will turn out to be an even better value!

Last edited by Lust4Lexus; 02-28-14 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-28-14, 11:56 AM
TorontoRX
Rookie

Well done! Congrats on your new RX....and enjoy the '14 while you can.