RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Which color combo you prefer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-13, 06:19 PM
slugflow
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tfischer
The red now being put on the RX is a very nice color indeed, and the light tan (parchment?) is surely what you want with that. The "saddle" has too much red and yellow in it to not clash with the dark red.
that is true. i went to the biggest dealer in houston to check all the colors combo. it was my second time to be there and i finalize the deal (red/saddle).

for the first time, i was just so impressive with the combo (red/saddle). but sometimes you look around, and found some other combos are nice as well. then you start back and forth. so finally i came back again, trust my first impression.

i think red/parchment is nice as well. however, since claret mica and saddle are both the new released outerior/interior. why not combine them. i know saddle is love/hate. but just being standout.
Old 08-21-13, 06:21 PM
slugflow
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I second that! If you want to stand out among the RX crowd, Claret Mica/Saddle Tan is the least common and therefore the way to go. My take on standing out was getting the F-Sport!

Another quick note on the Claret Mica is it's a 3-in-1 color. Depending on lighting and angle, you see some strawberry metallic red, some deep metallic wine purplish red, and some metallic brown. Keeps things always interesting.
thanks, that was what i thought as well. i thought this combo was really rare, so just went for it. and the interior looks a little bit sporty.

you are awesome!!!!!! i looked the f sport. really aggressive. i guess u got the red one?
Old 08-21-13, 06:23 PM
slugflow
Driver School Candidate

I second that! If you want to stand out among the RX crowd, Claret Mica/Saddle Tan is the least common and therefore the way to go. My take on standing out was getting the F-Sport!

Another quick note on the Claret Mica is it's a 3-in-1 color. Depending on lighting and angle, you see some strawberry metallic red, some deep metallic wine purplish red, and some metallic brown. Keeps things always interesting.
also, thanks for the note.

that is true although i just read ur note now.

i just found the claret mica changing colors under the sun or shadow. they looks different.
Old 08-21-13, 06:37 PM
Bayman
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Definitely get the front windows tinted and don't forget to do the little triangle windows too. Congratulations on your beautiful new ride.
Old 08-21-13, 06:42 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

slugflow, for my F-Sport (N. Gray) second post in https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ll-thread.html

Post 106 has a Claret Mica and the color in that lighting is stunning. WOW!
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/7925401-post106.html

Congratulations on your choice and new RX, post pics in the roll call thread when you get it!
Old 08-21-13, 07:12 PM
slugflow
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bayman
Definitely get the front windows tinted and don't forget to do the little triangle windows too. Congratulations on your beautiful new ride.
thanks for the advice, i will definitely do it.
Old 08-21-13, 07:21 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I like Poisson's color combination. Here it is dirty, though you do not get a great look at the interior:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~pdfishe...rancePics.html
Old 08-21-13, 07:24 PM
slugflow
Driver School Candidate

slugflow, for my F-Sport (N. Gray) second post in https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ll-thread.html

Post 106 has a Claret Mica and the color in that lighting is stunning. WOW!
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/7925401-post106.html

Congratulations on your choice and new RX, post pics in the roll call thread when you get it!
thanks for sharing the link.

actually, before i started to looking around, i checked the vedio on youtube. i was so impressive with that red and crush on it. i think lexus also desired to advertise this color as well. excellent color.

your gray is so metallic. transformer feeling!!!!! u know what, i even took a look for the 2014 is250 and 350, there are two grey (dark and light, sorry that i forgot the exact name), they r awesome if coming with dark red interior. i even changed my choice to IS. but rx350 is more practical in houston.

i will do the rollcall when i get the car at the end of this month and post some pics
Old 08-21-13, 07:30 PM
slugflow
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RX330inFL
I like Poisson's color combination. Here it is dirty, though you do not get a great look at the interior:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~pdfishe...rancePics.html
great link!!!!! i was just relocated to houston from Perth. and i had been to esprance as well.

i think it should be fine for me if i just drive to office and back home, shopping around. actually you always take care of ur babe if u love it.
Old 08-21-13, 09:13 PM
slugflow
Driver School Candidate

Last edited by Lil4X; 08-22-13 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Merging multiple posts
Old 08-21-13, 09:19 PM
slugflow
Driver School Candidate

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mem...2136-33305.jpg
Old 08-22-13, 06:49 AM
tfischer

Received 191 Likes on 144 Posts

Post the pics here. Look around or "search" for directions on how to upload the photo. Note the size limits, as you must resize the image yourself first or it will just be rejected during the upload process.
As for tint, the back windows are tinted. The reason the front windows are not tinted is so you can see out of them.
Old 08-23-13, 06:18 AM
satnav
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I really like my RX's silver color. I think its Pearl silver or something along that line. but I wish I had the grey/white interior like our IS which is offset with contrasting black carpet/dashboard. I think it looks alot nicer. Tho it gets dirty and stained easily, compared to my all black IS.
Old 08-23-13, 11:24 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by satnav
I really like my RX's silver color. I think its Pearl silver or something along that line. but I wish I had the grey/white interior like our IS which is offset with contrasting black carpet/dashboard. I think it looks alot nicer. Tho it gets dirty and stained easily, compared to my all black IS.
It's tungsten pearl. And my interior is light gray.
Old 08-24-13, 08:12 AM
KarenJM
Driver School Candidate

Default Colour combination

Deep sea mica exterior with parchment leather interior.
I can add photo if someone can tell me how to upload to the forum

Quick Reply: Which color combo you prefer?