RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

What did you do to your THIRD Generation RX today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-16, 03:03 PM
carguy75
Intermediate

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by ALtin107
THose black rims on the RX look amazing...good choice!
OK.

Still not a black wheel on black car fan.

Just my opinion, but I do love the wheel style and size on the RX.

I would go with chrome(or PVD) or bright silver to give some contrast between the wheels and body.

Honestly, i thought the black on black style was cool looking several years ago before everyone in my area decided to do it on every black car from BMW M5 to KIA Soul.

Hell, some cars come that way from the factory.

LOL. I even see black cars on the road with black hub caps still.

Question, did you mean to quote me about my opinion of the black wheels?

If not, never mind my reply post.

Last edited by carguy75; 04-29-16 at 03:08 PM.
Old 06-09-16, 12:26 PM
Bear1906
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you retrofit headlights?

Mod question -Can the 2010 3 projector headlights be retrofit to a 2010 with the basic xenon's?
Old 06-09-16, 11:12 PM
Zmon
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

Had the exhaust manifold replaced, had a mechanical (?) noise coming from it causing some exhaust noise, nice $800 part, good thing it's still in warranty. Dealer gave me a 16 rx450h as a loaner... yikes, the new ones are seriously nice, really thought about trading mine in for a new 350 even though I've only had it for 6 months... Really thought hard about it, but.... it's paid off though, I'll enjoy it for another year or two. Needs some new tires now at least.

Also, washed, clayed, and put a coat of ULW on it since I've been driving it instead of my IS lately. Really should add a coat of M26 as well, I just don't want to climb back up on the roof again.
Old 06-11-16, 12:06 AM
iginoc
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I upgraded the shock absorbers... when I bought the car one year ago, I noticed that the car was very uncomfortable on the potholes or cobblestone paved roads. Probably I bought the wrong car, I should have looked for the version equipped with air springs. Anyway, since there were also evident signs of leakage on the absorber haulb, and I know a factory specialized in this kind of jobs (it is located not far from Maranello, Ferrari whereabouts, as well as of many precision mechanics factories) I decided to go for an upgrade. I left to them the car for a week, they removed the old ones and installed the replacement ones, of the same size and links of original ones, but internally improved (single barrel instead of double barrel, means that the piston is larger) and adjustable (now there is an adjustment wheel placed at the shock absorber base).
I still have to found the right setup, though, I would like to have them softer, but I don't want to have oscillations also; so the current setup is a bit hard for my taste. But ways better than the stock ones...
Old 06-13-16, 03:32 PM
CapeDave
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iginoc
I upgraded the shock absorbers... when I bought the car one year ago, I noticed that the car was very uncomfortable on the potholes or cobblestone paved roads. Probably I bought the wrong car, I should have looked for the version equipped with air springs. Anyway, since there were also evident signs of leakage on the absorber haulb, and I know a factory specialized in this kind of jobs (it is located not far from Maranello, Ferrari whereabouts, as well as of many precision mechanics factories) I decided to go for an upgrade. I left to them the car for a week, they removed the old ones and installed the replacement ones, of the same size and links of original ones, but internally improved (single barrel instead of double barrel, means that the piston is larger) and adjustable (now there is an adjustment wheel placed at the shock absorber base).
I still have to found the right setup, though, I would like to have them softer, but I don't want to have oscillations also; so the current setup is a bit hard for my taste. But ways better than the stock ones...
I did not know this could be done. The rear shocks on mine suck hard. Congrats.
Old 06-13-16, 05:57 PM
greeknasty
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

had to replace the windshield :-/ insurance wouldnt pay for OEM so my local company put in a FUYAO or something like that. Googled and showed it a reputable company that supplies oem shields for audi bentley GM.
Oh and they put a windshield with windshield wiper heater elements at the bottom(too bad i cant activate them thru my climate menu)
Old 06-21-16, 06:10 AM
MarinRX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by greeknasty
had to replace the windshield :-/ insurance wouldnt pay for OEM so my local company put in a FUYAO or something like that. Googled and showed it a reputable company that supplies oem shields for audi bentley GM.
Oh and they put a windshield with windshield wiper heater elements at the bottom(too bad i cant activate them thru my climate menu)
I was trying to think of a way you could tie it in with another function (ie: if the defroster is turned on it also turns on the elements) but I can't think of a good scenario. I haven't had a car with wiper heating elements before so I'm not sure if it's typically something that's controlled independently or gets turned on when something else comes on as well? Did they wire up a separate switch for you?
Old 06-21-16, 11:39 AM
greeknasty
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MarinRX
I was trying to think of a way you could tie it in with another function (ie: if the defroster is turned on it also turns on the elements) but I can't think of a good scenario. I haven't had a car with wiper heating elements before so I'm not sure if it's typically something that's controlled independently or gets turned on when something else comes on as well? Did they wire up a separate switch for you?
i have no clue, when the guy went and looked he was convinced my car had heated windshield wiper area, i know for a fact i dont because 1 its not in the climate settings and 2 i know my car enough to know the old windshield didnt have the brown elements at the bottom. he claims when you turn defroster on it auto turns on but thats not how the lexus windshield heat elements work according to the manual.
i wasnt there for installation so idk if he hooked anything up or what, as long as it doesnt mess with anything else idc about it really
Old 06-22-16, 12:16 PM
Clutchless

Received 1,096 Likes on 935 Posts

I wonder if that is the AM/FM radio antenna built into the windshield. I recall seeing similar wires in one of our Lexus vehicles.
Old 06-22-16, 04:17 PM
greeknasty
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Clutchless
I wonder if that is the AM/FM radio antenna built into the windshield. I recall seeing similar wires in one of our Lexus vehicles.
here is photo. the wiper goes right in middle where the bigger space is. i know for a fact my previous windshield didnt have this
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your THIRD Generation RX today?-img_20160622_191441.jpg  
Old 06-25-16, 05:23 PM
WVIrish
Driver School Candidate

Today, I installed the Beat-Sonic "Video Navigation In-Motion Controller" in my 2013 RX-350. Two hours, from start to finish. What a great unit !

A month or two ago, I was driving somewhere and asked my wife to enter an address into the GPS. Surprise ! That and a couple of other GPS modes are grayed out while driving. I did a search on this forum and found the Beat Sonic unit. Now, we can enter an address, etc. while on the go. It also allows you to watch a DVD while the car is in motion. I don't trust myself not to take a peek at the screen while driving, so we won't be using that feature much.

While removing and reinstalling the trim pieces, I was really impressed with the build quality of the vehicle. Good stuff !
Old 08-31-16, 10:35 AM
sseaman
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed Kurt hitch, very easy and took less than 30 min with basic hand tools. Their instructions beat anything I have had provided with other products in the past.
Old 08-31-16, 12:27 PM
MellonC00
Instructor

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Steering wheel cover

Name:  image_3.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  153.1 KB

the stitches didn't come out as nice as I expected. I don't know how to make the seams flat around the spokes. The brand is wheelskins.

Last edited by MellonC00; 08-31-16 at 04:06 PM.
Old 09-01-16, 10:20 PM
MellonC00
Instructor

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts

Sheepskin headrest covers.

Name:  image_4.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  159.7 KB
Old 09-02-16, 05:13 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Washed it again.....

Quick Reply: What did you do to your THIRD Generation RX today?