RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Is anyone bored of their RX yet?

Old 06-17-13, 11:36 AM
euroja153
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is anyone bored of their RX yet?

Ive had mine since Oct 2009. Thinking about trading it in for the 2014 BMW X5, but Id like to see what the 4th gen RX looks like before I do that. Please please can we see some spy pictures next year?????????????????
Old 06-17-13, 01:19 PM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

No idea on that. Its just had a facelift so your looking at 2016 MY at the least for the new RX to come out. And just one question. Have you even seen the new X5? dont you think it looks out of proportion? The thing is hideous. Your better off going for the new range rover sport if you want a nice ride which isnt a Lexus
Old 06-17-13, 04:54 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Can you be more specific about what bores you about the RX? Reliability never gets old with me.
Old 06-17-13, 05:28 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

If you get a BMW, you might get bored of it sitting in the shop for extended periods of time and not being able to drive it!
Old 06-17-13, 05:41 PM
velopod
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kitlz
Can you be more specific about what bores you about the RX? Reliability never gets old with me.
Seriously? Yawn.
Old 06-17-13, 06:18 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm seriously bored with the d*mn bugs. The gnats are horrendous and hordes of mosquitos are soon to follow. Even I have reached my limit of washing the RX.

Taking a trip in a couple of weeks, any boredom will dissipate. Driving the speed limit, getting good gas mileage, paying outrageous prices for gasoline, letting the navigation turn me down one-way streets the wrong way, burning the same songs into my head played over and over from satellite radio, trying to get the AC just right for the folks in the back, having luggage fall out of the rear end when I open the lift gate, dropping french fries between the seat and the console, losing my credit card down that space between the drink holder lid and the console, oh and the most fun of all: burning holes in other cars with my automatic bright lights!!

Bored, not me.

Last edited by DunWkg; 06-17-13 at 06:22 PM. Reason: forgot carpal tunnel from using the remote touch
Old 06-17-13, 06:19 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

you know funny you bring this up. Its common for me to get bored of things and the RX is beginning to creep into that category. Looking to maybe trade it in this fall for the new S class just my hopes
Old 06-17-13, 07:40 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Maybe I should see a Doc. I'm a high type 'A' and most anything boring can set me off like a really bad movie I'm forced to sit through for instance. But practicing and achieving good 'h' style driving is still exciting to me. Not boring but puts a smile on my face. I hate short trips that I know are getting less than 30mpg. And I have been known to wash the car to get two sacrificial bugs off the front end .

RXSF if you want an exciting car, do some online searching for the Morgan Three Wheeler which is back in production http://www.autoblog.com/misc/morgan+3-wheeler/ . It's expensive (for a non-practical) car and makes no sense whatsoever except for the shear joy of driving it. I have and I'm working hard to save enough to order one. You literally have one 'built' for you. Color, trim, knock-off hubs or not, throttle and brake spacing, removable steering wheel, and such, then experience the joy of knowing how much cheaper it is in Great Britain than after it comes into the U S with shipping and tax's added to it and various other things they'll charge you for. Having seen it, sat in it, driven it, oh, and heard the S&S engine exhaust with nearly two liters in a two cyl air cooled engine producing nearly 50hp from each jug, you stop making sense of things and just figure out how you're going to do it . You know the phrase "if there's a will, there's a way" ???

It won't be my daily driver for sure, just a fair weather friend such as a boat or motor cycle. I'll still have 'Watson' (my 'h').

Last edited by Cruiter; 06-17-13 at 07:43 PM.
Old 06-17-13, 07:58 PM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by euroja153
Ive had mine since Oct 2009. Thinking about trading it in for the 2014 BMW X5, but Id like to see what the 4th gen RX looks like before I do that. Please please can we see some spy pictures next year?????????????????
Bored. Why not try the Nissan Murano cross cabriolet.
You'll be a head turner for sure.

OR why not do some off roading with this

Last edited by markrivers; 06-17-13 at 08:15 PM.
Old 06-17-13, 08:23 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

haha Jim, do you happen to watch Top Gear UK? In the car show, they have reviewed the Morgan before and it certainly brings the kid out in you.

Too bad at my age, I still have to think about practicality and my dream has always been the S class.
Old 06-18-13, 12:22 AM
jbounnoi
Lead Lap

better off looking at the new ML's then the x5's
Old 06-18-13, 01:54 AM
Poisson
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was bored with my 2006 RX350, so I went looking for something better. Mercedes ML, BMW X5 and X3, Audi Q5, even a Volvo XC60. After I drove each one of them I got back in my old Lexus and thought none of cars feels as "special" as the Lexus. So I got a 2013 RX450h
Old 06-18-13, 05:06 AM
euroja153
Driver

The main reason I bought the RX in 2009 was because I needed a bigger car as I was having a baby. The RX was the only new release suv on the market at the time. I was also drawn in by the reliability of Lexus cars in general, so in this respect I am EXTREMELY happy with the car.

But from the start I always had my doubts about the styling of the car inside and out. I do prefer the facelifted '13 model but I would never trade my '10 for a '13 as it is still the same car. Im desperate to see the 4th gen RX, if I like it I can wait until 2015. Anita, looking at your car ownership history, arent you looking forward to the 4th gen RX too?

I am secretly hoping Lexus releases a unibody 7 seater, perhaps the new GX?

Rayaans, I do see how the X5 looks out of proportion, the bonnet seems too long? I am a big fan of BMW interiors, thats what you see most of the time, not the exterior. I do also like the way Lexus is going with their car interiors (GS, new IS, LS facelift) which makes me think the next RX will have an interior that I like.

Markriver, Funny you post that pic of the Murano. I already have a summer car, its 22 years old (I have only owned it for 2 yrs). It is the car I always wanted as a kid, but Im embarrassed to say what it is as I already get a lot of stick from my friends about it.
Old 06-18-13, 07:11 AM
tfischer

Received 189 Likes on 143 Posts

I just spent some time in my daughter's X5 and was not overly impressed.
Old 06-18-13, 08:45 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

But from the start I always had my doubts about the styling of the car inside and out. I do prefer the facelifted '13 model but I would never trade my '10 for a '13 as it is still the same car. Im desperate to see the 4th gen RX, if I like it I can wait until 2015. Anita, looking at your car ownership history, arent you looking forward to the 4th gen RX too?
I've had every gen RX since it came out so it would seem natural to say yes to the 4th gen. But the NX will be out next year. That might appeal to me since I don't need all the space and want to stay hybrid. I'll admit I wasn't initially impressed each time the RX came out, even back in '98. But I wasn't pleased with the alternatives. They couldn't come close to Lexus IMO. Overall the RX has been great over the past 14 1/2+ years with the 450h being my favorite so far. I'll have to wait and see.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is anyone bored of their RX yet?