RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Nokia Lumia 920 Compatibility?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-13, 07:03 AM
wa3cuj
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Nokia Lumia 920 Compatibility?

Neither the Lexus or Toyota databases show this Windows 8 Smartphone as being tested. Has anyone on this forum used this phone with a 2010 RX yet? If so, have you had any problems?
Old 06-07-13, 12:21 PM
Sharkey94
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2013 RX 350, and my phone is a Nokia Lumia 822. It will connect via Bluetooth to the car, but the address book will not transfer. So in order to use the phone, I have to key in the number. My wife's phone is a Motorola with Android OS and it works fine.
Old 06-08-13, 02:57 AM
wa3cuj
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sharkey94
I have a 2013 RX 350, and my phone is a Nokia Lumia 822. It will connect via Bluetooth to the car, but the address book will not transfer. So in order to use the phone, I have to key in the number. My wife's phone is a Motorola with Android OS and it works fine.
I have the same problem with my existing Motorola phone, however I want to move to a smartphone. This seems to be a real crap shoot as to whether any given phone will work. The Lexus Mobile Link says that the Lumia 900 has been tested and that most things work just fine. The Lumia 820 is shown as not tested. It appears that Lexus has not tested any Windows Phone 8 phones. Maybe the people at AT&T will have a way of letting me test a phone before I commit. I want to go with a Windows Phone 8 phone if at all possible.

I will wait a while to see if there are any more replies. I may then start another thread to see if anyone has any experience with any other manufactures Win8 phones.
Old 06-20-13, 09:54 PM
FunnyDba
Driver School Candidate

Default Windows Phone 8

I just returned from a Microsoft Conference in New Orleans, where I got to ask some technical questions about Windows Phone 8, and interoperability with Lexus. So here's a couple of thing s to look out for:

1. Any device with Windows Phone 8 does not and will not support USB Audio out. So, that means that while you can listen to your music through the Bluetooth Stream, you won't be able to plug it into the USB port and control audio with your voice like you can on an Apple Device,

2. Microsoft does support all the current Bluetooth Profiles, so you should be able to pair and transfer your Contacts. Although I will tell you that when 8.1 comes out in the fall, it will fix quite a few errors with Microsoft's implementation.

3. The other bad thing I've been reading is that Lexus has no plans to make a Windows 8 Enform App.

I know that AT&T has a 15 day return policy. So you could get a Windows Phone and try it for 15 days and if you don't like it return it for a nominal restocking fee.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-21-13, 03:36 AM
wa3cuj
Intermediate

Originally Posted by FunnyDba
I just returned from a Microsoft Conference in New Orleans, where I got to ask some technical questions about Windows Phone 8, and interoperability with Lexus. So here's a couple of thing s to look out for:

1. Any device with Windows Phone 8 does not and will not support USB Audio out. So, that means that while you can listen to your music through the Bluetooth Stream, you won't be able to plug it into the USB port and control audio with your voice like you can on an Apple Device,

2. Microsoft does support all the current Bluetooth Profiles, so you should be able to pair and transfer your Contacts. Although I will tell you that when 8.1 comes out in the fall, it will fix quite a few errors with Microsoft's implementation.

3. The other bad thing I've been reading is that Lexus has no plans to make a Windows 8 Enform App.

I know that AT&T has a 15 day return policy. So you could get a Windows Phone and try it for 15 days and if you don't like it return it for a nominal restocking fee.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the comments. I wanted the Windows Phone because of the ease of use for the interface for my wife. She has mastered it quite well in just a day or two. Now when she moves to a Windows 8 computer she will be able to go up the learning curve quite quickly.

I am not much of a phone user at all. We just went on to our kids Share Plan with my daughter in laws 24% discount and we now pay less with two smartphones than we did at Verizon with one feature phone and my prepaid Razr phone.

So far everything that we have tried works in both the Lexus and her 2013 Avalon. She told me that text messages come up on her Nav display and then are read aloud to her while driving.

Toyota has Entune and that is shown as being compatible with these phones, although we have not set up the apps yet. I have not tried any music yet although the BT did automatically make that connection when I paired the phone
Old 08-04-13, 11:02 AM
HomerBrown
Driver School Candidate

I just bought the Nokia 1020 - Windows Phone 8 and I love the phone! The camera is incredible ... and while it is not on Lexus' list of tested/testing phones - I can confirm that the Bluetooth integration is all function, music, contacts and voice integration.

I am disappointed that this there is no integration with Lexus Enform and hope Lexus does change that. It's amazing to me that Windows now has more market share than Blackberry and yet they have added the app for that phone.
Old 08-04-13, 10:21 PM
coolcow
Driver School Candidate

I have a WP8 (HTC 8x). Everything works great (Bluetooth connection, address book transfer, Bluetooth audio, etc.) The only problem is that Lexus Enform doesn't support WP8 and I cannot use Apps.