RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Sirius XM has some of the worst service!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-13, 07:20 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sirius XM has some of the worst service!

So the 3 month promotion expired and I've called them 6 times now over the last month and I cannot get the service, promotion of 6 for $25, or the appropriate balance because of a billing error. Instead I had a credit balance to which the rep yesterday said he fixed and instead debited another $10 off my account for no services rendered or anything. So if I hadn't caught it today they would have just pocketed another $10 of my money.

Do they even train their customer service reps? I've tried emailing them and it's an absolute joke. So I'm left filing a BBB claim against their corp offices and just letting all my trials expire instead. This is really frustrating to have to go through.

Last edited by BarrettF77; 05-25-13 at 07:56 AM.
Old 05-25-13, 11:02 AM
jmhenrie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i had the oposite responce

let my trial subscription expire, about a month latter I got the 6 month free offer so went to their website to resubscibe. could not get it to work, called the phone number and gave them my radio id ten minutes latter I was back in service. While on the phone I told the operator that I had an XM account for my motorcycle and asked if I could combine the two accounts, she said no problem and that I would also see a reduction in my billing for the multi subscriptions. so got the 6 months free at a reduced multi radio rate.
Still to much to pay for radio but I like my 70's channel and the fact that it either works or nothing no static.
Old 05-25-13, 09:08 PM
UCSB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

They were pretty cordial when I called and asked about the 1/2 price promo for one year on my two subscriptions. It was something like $90 for the year total price on each subscription. Your problem is not clear ... are they not offering you the $25 for 6 months you want or did you buy that and now it is not working because of a setup/billing error?
Old 05-26-13, 09:06 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UCSB
They were pretty cordial when I called and asked about the 1/2 price promo for one year on my two subscriptions. It was something like $90 for the year total price on each subscription. Your problem is not clear ... are they not offering you the $25 for 6 months you want or did you buy that and now it is not working because of a setup/billing error?
The problem is with the reps saying they are doing something and it isn't done. So you spend 30 on the phone with them only to get off and wait for the car to sync and it never goes live. Then when you call back in, they act unaware and confused by what you are saying and waste another 30 minutes on the phone with the potential for the same outcome. Managers, cancelations, and every other department I've tried seem to never get it right. I'm sending a letter to corp and BBB to document my concerns with them as I think the service would be fine if the reps were actually competent at their jobs. And this is the weak point. Cheap labor that is outsourced is netting bad experiences on the phone.

Their service member even posted on these forums a while back about trying to help customers out. Nothing ever came of sending in emails to them either. The point is they put an illusion of caring forward and then routinely over bill, waste your time, and simply show a very different experience after you contact them.
Old 05-26-13, 03:12 PM
dotbowels
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Service via toll free numbers has always been acceptable for me. I am back on the 6 mo/$25 plan. Wish they didn't talk all of the time on the sixties channel.
Old 05-27-13, 11:08 AM
GoGiantsNJ
Pole Position

I just renewed three of our cars with SiriusXM.I just told the first phone operator that I wanted to cancel.I received the $88.00 promo yearly deal for the cars after talking to the second operator.
Old 05-29-13, 08:07 AM
SiriusXM
Driver School Candidate

Default SiriusXM

Hi there-

We apologize for the experience you had with us, could you please send us an email with your contact information to SXM_help@SiriusXM.com, so we can help with your account.

Thanks,.
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

Originally Posted by BarrettF77
So the 3 month promotion expired and I've called them 6 times now over the last month and I cannot get the service, promotion of 6 for $25, or the appropriate balance because of a billing error. Instead I had a credit balance to which the rep yesterday said he fixed and instead debited another $10 off my account for no services rendered or anything. So if I hadn't caught it today they would have just pocketed another $10 of my money.

Do they even train their customer service reps? I've tried emailing them and it's an absolute joke. So I'm left filing a BBB claim against their corp offices and just letting all my trials expire instead. This is really frustrating to have to go through.
Old 05-29-13, 10:35 AM
GRAYM
Driver

Default siriusxm

ok...so we have a 2012 Rx that has the weather option available. not that it is the greatest, but I actually do like it when i am traveling so i can refer to it and see what kind of weather I have up ahead etc. So for the fifth time I am calling SXM to get some kind of resolution....they apparently cannot get it to work. When we bought the car it did work and had no problem, then the trial went out and from then on they can't seem to get the connection!! So they come back to me and say that my vehicle does not have the option (when I am staring right at it) to them logging an IT help call of which I never heard back from them at all...they said 10 days max. so now we come to today, I call them last week, apparently they put it through and started charging right away,,,,thought wow now i have someone to help me that knows what they are doing.....yea right!! So we still don't have any weather. Same message....needs a subscription. These guys are a big joke! i know there are lot of other issues with them but has anyone had a problem specifically with the weather option???
Old 05-29-13, 10:51 AM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Why would you pay for a weather option? My smartphone does a great job at it. My weather icon shows cloudy all the time. I learned to ignore it and just look out the window.

You can try e-mailing the XM user that will jump in on this thread real soon.
Old 06-10-13, 03:11 PM
CondoKing3
Driver School Candidate

I love the Sirius XM radio. Along with the Mark Levinson Audio and Speakers it ROCKS! Plus they just had some special broadcasts for 3 or 4 days of Tom Petty and Richard Pryor. I just signed up for a year after my 3 month trial @ $202 incl tax, etc.. Beats the hell out of the monthly rates.
Old 06-10-13, 03:20 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by CondoKing3
I love the Sirius XM radio. Along with the Mark Levinson Audio and Speakers it ROCKS! Plus they just had some special broadcasts for 3 or 4 days of Tom Petty and Richard Pryor. I just signed up for a year after my 3 month trial @ $202 incl tax, etc.. Beats the hell out of the monthly rates.
You could have and should have got the 1/2 price promo number.
I get it every year on my 3 vehicles and have for quite awhile..
Old 06-11-13, 12:38 AM
markrivers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by vlad_a
Why would you pay for a weather option? My smartphone does a great job at it. My weather icon shows cloudy all the time. I learned to ignore it and just look out the window.

You can try e-mailing the XM user that will jump in on this thread real soon.
BUT, what if you need to know the weather to your destination? which is a 2-3 hour drive away? Looking out the window may not be that useful.

kidding aside, the weather apps on your smartphone will do just fine. No need for a weather option.
Old 06-11-13, 04:32 AM
dwlink
Driver

Originally Posted by markrivers
BUT, what if you need to know the weather to your destination? which is a 2-3 hour drive away? Looking out the window may not be that useful.

kidding aside, the weather apps on your smartphone will do just fine. No need for a weather option.
Agree -

If you're driving around in a newer RX, chances are you likely have a smart phone or can afford one. Don't waste the extra $ on a redundant capability you already have.
Old 06-11-13, 09:48 AM
mp33er
Driver School Candidate

How is the NavTraffic these days?
Read some old threads about it and the reviews were not that good...
This piece can be useful at a small cost if it works reasonably well.
Old 06-11-13, 12:09 PM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mp33er
How is the NavTraffic these days?
Read some old threads about it and the reviews were not that good...
This piece can be useful at a small cost if it works reasonably well.
For me, it's worth the 3.99/mo ... A little less if you pay for it advance -- I'd rather of course it was free, but such is life. Key challenge is it seems to download from the Satellite only every 15-20 mins or so, so it can be a little dated on the realities of how quickly traffic can sometimes change, but the main thing I like is I can set a destination in the Nav and it will suggest a reroute if traffic is really blocked up ahead. It has saved me a couple of times not getting too deep into problem areas here in San Diego as well as up in LA when I was headed to Simi Valley one morning. I tend to set destinations for even normal routes I travel often because of that capability. From your profile, it looks like you're also in SoCal, so all major freeways are covered including the 15 to Vegas except for a shorter stretch this side of Vegas... The roads that are covered around here are similar, if not the same, as the roads you see local TV news showing maps of... If a person lives in more rural areas or does not use freeways that have the road sensors highway patrol, news, etc make use of, there would be no value in subscribing...

Quick Reply: Sirius XM has some of the worst service!