RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Entertainment option issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-13, 06:00 AM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a link to the general lawyers, you can call, or live chat with. Ask them anything you want about their fees, charges to make sure first. The are big!!

General lawyer for ohio consumer

Usually, no charges, fees, unless they take it up on your case. Or accept your case to file a law suit.
Old 04-14-13, 10:00 AM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put it on the Lexus facebook page and tell your story of how unsafe it is to drive as is. And How a Lexus dealer installed this junk in your new car that was not made to go into your car. And how unhappy you are with it and the car because of it and how the "Lexus Sevice " is no ware to be found in this set up. You should be contracted from some one from Lexus very fast and see what they can do to help you get this fixed.
Old 04-15-13, 05:42 AM
mengans
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I already posted on Lexus facebook on Sunday but haven't heard from them. Called 800 number also. Hopefully I will hear back something positive by today or Tommorrow. Thanks for the support. Will keep you guys posted. Thanks..
Old 04-15-13, 07:55 AM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Honestly, I don't think Lexus is at fault here. What I see is buyer's remorse for getting an aftermarket package that does not meet expectations. A large display in the middle of the roof will block the mirror in the RX. That's how it is. If you put stuff in the trunk, your rear mirror vision will be blocked as well. You can't blame your Lexus dealer for trying to make a nice chunk of $$$ by selling you this non-OEM package. A $200 unit attached to the armrest would have worked much better and would have saved a ton of money. But, it is not the dealer that makes the call what to offer, but the installer they're working with. Lexus techs do not perform this type of tasks.

I do not consider rear view mirror being blocked as a safety hazard. Many years ago, I drove box trucks which, obviously, only have left and right mirrors to rely on. And guess what, it was enough. Have you seen semi trucks back-up with a really high accuracy? They have no rear view mirror either.

The best you can hope for is your Lexus dealer working with you on uninstalling this particular system, restoring the interior to its original shape and instead adding this unit:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-third-generation/665388-diy-dvd-player-center-armrest-installation.html

On a side note, $1,900 buys a lot of iPads to keep the kids entertained.