RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Pics of your 3RX right now!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-14, 07:35 AM
cflutist
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kitlz
Bout time websailor At least JDR76 was nice enough to post a picture of a clean nebula gray RX to show us what yours should look like. It's absolutely filthy
Anita,

LOL ... if there was a Satin Cashmere Metallic available, we would have bought it.
Our last car was "Desert Sand Metallic" and we washed it about twice a year.

This Nebula Gray is a pita ... I wonder how those with Stargazer Black or Obsidian keep their cars clean? Do they have to wash twice a week?
Old 02-28-14, 07:56 AM
Seeker4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cflutist
LOL ... if there was a Satin Cashmere Metallic available, we would have bought it.
Our last car was "Desert Sand Metallic" and we washed it about twice a year.
Which is why we got Satin Cashmere Metallic -- it seemed to blend best with the dust around Tucson. Now we'll see how long it can go between washes. So far, one month and it doesn't need anything except wash the windows and blow of some brake(?) dust.
Old 02-28-14, 11:45 PM
websailor
Rookie

Took it out in the rainstorm today. It is now officially cleaned for a while.
Old 03-01-14, 04:54 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

^Then mine will be sparkling Monday when I get 6-10" of snow, LOL! It's definitely better to let Mother Nature get rid of all that pollen. That stuff is nasty.
Old 03-01-14, 01:16 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

We love the Nebula Gray Pearl color, but it is definitely some effort to keep clean. The Stargazer and Obsidian colors look like they would be a full time job though. I enjoy spending a few hours detailing it out so I can't complain. With that said, I haven't actually washed ours since at least October. Fortunately, we drive a Prius for our daily driver, so we mostly just drive this on weekends when we are out and about (or if the snow gets deep). Here is what another Nebula Gray RX that hasn't been washed in about 5 months looks like today. By the way, it is raining here today so we are driving the Prius as it is already in need of a bath and it is a lot easier to wash (don't need that step stool).

Doug
Attached Thumbnails Pics of your 3RX right now!-rx.jpg  
Old 03-01-14, 01:27 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Ward6096
We love the Nebula Gray Pearl color, but it is definitely some effort to keep clean. The Stargazer and Obsidian colors look like they would be a full time job though. I enjoy spending a few hours detailing it out so I can't complain. With that said, I haven't actually washed ours since at least October. Fortunately, we drive a Prius for our daily driver, so we mostly just drive this on weekends when we are out and about (or if the snow gets deep). Here is what another Nebula Gray RX that hasn't been washed in about 5 months looks like today. By the way, it is raining here today so we are driving the Prius as it is already in need of a bath and it is a lot easier to wash (don't need that step stool).

Doug
Did I understand correctly. The car is still not washed, and hasn't been since October? Yet it looks sparkling clean, tires dressed, clean matte black lower trim, shiny chrome, and all?
Old 03-01-14, 02:34 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Yes, you understood correctly. It is slightly dusty and I really want to get out and wash it but the weather hasn't been cooperating.

I suppose I should also confess, it only has about 1900 miles after about 13 months. We had a couple of road trips planned last summer and both fell through, so we really have just been running around with it on weekends. We use the Prius for our daily commuter so it is only driven on weekends or days we both need a car - plus my office is only six miles from our house. We just don't rack that many miles up which suits me just fine given the replacement cost, not to mention the fuel costs.

Doug
Old 03-01-14, 02:56 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^ Plus, you seem to keep it well sheltered in the garage which helps. Car looks brand new. The tires surely must have the rubber "hairs" still.
Old 03-01-14, 02:56 PM
cflutist
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, you understood correctly. It is slightly dusty and I really want to get out and wash it but the weather hasn't been cooperating.

I suppose I should also confess, it only has about 1900 miles after about 13 months. We had a couple of road trips planned last summer and both fell through, so we really have just been running around with it on weekends. We use the Prius for our daily commuter so it is only driven on weekends or days we both need a car - plus my office is only six miles from our house. We just don't rack that many miles up which suits me just fine given the replacement cost, not to mention the fuel costs.

Doug
Got to hand it to you, that looks like one mightly clean car. I keep thinking that we should wash ours, but then we have a roadtrip planned in two weeks, so why bother. We should probably wash it when we return since we ARE going to the coast to visit the salt air.
Old 03-01-14, 02:59 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^ Cheryl, for me, road trips are when I want to clean my car in pristine shape. It maximizes my enjoyment of the drive in the RX, plus why not show it off a little as you go by cars or cars go by you.
Old 03-01-14, 03:22 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Doug
I also noticed the water softener in the garage for those spotless car washes when needed.
Old 03-01-14, 07:59 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Plus, you seem to keep it well sheltered in the garage which helps.
Yes, when we built I insisted on a 3 car garage so we could keep both cars in the garage and still keep the third bay for all that other junk garages seem to accumulate. I have been cringing every time you post the RX-F pictures after the freezing rain. Thank goodness for the garage. ...no rubber hairs on the tires though.

Cheryl, for me, road trips are when I want to clean my car in pristine shape.
I have to say, I agree with Corrado on this statement. I wax it all up and want it all nice and clean before hitting the road. It lasts about a mile until I hit that first bug... but it makes me feel better. I think we must share some OCD tendencies.

I also noticed the water softener in the garage for those spotless car washes when needed.
Yes, that was the plan but I'm not sure how beneficial it really is. I never leave any water on the vehicle long enough for spots to form anyway.

Somebody is going to have to tell me how to get the quotes to include the original poster.
Old 03-17-14, 07:42 PM
tak06
Driver

2011 with Lexus specific TSW Lumarai rims / Hankook's. & 20mm spacers. (8.5 x 20" 37mm offset hubcentric rims 265/45/20 AS R07 Hankooks )

Last edited by tak06; 03-17-14 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-18-14, 05:48 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

^^^ Nice wheels and Matador Red Mica is refreshing to see.
Old 03-18-14, 03:36 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts
Default Skunk RX?

Nope, I didn't hit one, LOL!. It's actually a new RX with the covers still on it. When I saw it drive by, all I could think of is it looks like a skunk. The local Lexus dealer uses a parking lot near work to store some of their stock. I can see it from my building. A few weeks ago while looking out the window I caught someone fooling around with an RX in the snow And I didn't quite figure out what happened to the poor ES or GS that was almost completely buried.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of your 3RX right now!-screen-shot-2014-03-18-at-6.12.12-pm.png  

Last edited by kitlz; 03-18-14 at 03:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Pics of your 3RX right now!