RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2014 Rx350 ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-13, 11:36 AM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

FYI - our prices here in OH are higher than those, say on the East coast (per TMV on Edmunds.com). Blame it on the popularity of Lexus around here.
Our dealers are not as motivated to deal as those out of state. I got my RX from Philly. I can PM you the info of my online salesperson, if you'd like.
Old 04-01-13, 02:53 PM
claretmica
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked up a 2013 RX 450h last week, in Claret Mica. Very nice Suv.

Back to topic, I asked the salesperson when 2014 model was out as I was negotiating on the price. He said unlike the 2013 that came out last May, the 2014 RX will not be out until November of this year.
Old 04-01-13, 03:03 PM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by claretmica

Back to topic, I asked the salesperson when 2014 model was out as I was negotiating on the price. He said unlike the 2013 that came out last May, the 2014 RX will not be out until November of this year.
...and congrats on that new beauty! Enjoy!
Old 04-01-13, 03:30 PM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vlad_a
FYI - our prices here in OH are higher than those, say on the East coast (per TMV on Edmunds.com). Blame it on the popularity of Lexus around here.
Our dealers are not as motivated to deal as those out of state. I got my RX from Philly. I can PM you the info of my online salesperson, if you'd like.
Please email me his contact, or her. I hate dealing with these limited dealers and stock they have here....gawdd. Thank you in advance
Old 04-01-13, 10:20 PM
dctex99
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The salesman that told someone they could order them in June was obviously wrong then????? If anyone finds a Factual statement from Lexus; please post
Old 04-02-13, 06:34 AM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Whitigir
Please email me his contact, or her. I hate dealing with these limited dealers and stock they have here....gawdd. Thank you in advance
PM sent. Good luck!
Old 04-09-13, 07:39 AM
derfp2
Driver

I have a '13 f-sport....I like it but, the throttle response on it is soo annoying. U give it gas and little minimal responce, then u give it alittle more, and it surges forward!!! My old '07 GS and my wifes CRV has a more linear response. SOO ANNOYING....Hope they fix this for '14, prob just a software thing. Also hope they bring the RX450H F-sport to the USA!!!...The rest of the world gets it, y not us....
Old 04-09-13, 08:13 AM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by derfp2
I have a '13 f-sport....I like it but, the throttle response on it is soo annoying. U give it gas and little minimal responce, then u give it alittle more, and it surges forward!!! My old '07 GS and my wifes CRV has a more linear response. SOO ANNOYING....Hope they fix this for '14, prob just a software thing. Also hope they bring the RX450H F-sport to the USA!!!...The rest of the world gets it, y not us....
That is because of the programming + 8 Speeds automatic. Try a regular RX350, and you will see that problem disappeared.

It is the same as cruising at 6th gears, and then you down shift it to 3rd gear to get passing power. The different is Automatic responds lol.

Congrat on the F-Sport
Old 04-17-13, 09:56 AM
seanlin
Rookie

2014 will not out till 2013 Nov? OMG. No wonder everyone says never believe what car sales say .

2014 should be available no later than Sep. usually Jun-Sep depends on brand/model.
Old 04-17-13, 10:29 AM
Dolphin
Pole Position

14 could be a major design change, in which case, it can come out late 13 or early 14 as a 15. I have no idea if this is true, but u see it happen quite often when a rig goes through a major change... I heard rumors of the next change offering the longer Highlander body, so if this interest someone, it might pay to wait n see, as the announcement comes out long before the car does...
as for the F Sport's non linear trannie....wow, glad more people are commenting on this...cause I found it very unacceptable vs. the standard 6 spd trannie, which is ultra smooth... Lexus has had years to tweak and perfect the 6spd, so us late adopters are benefiting from all those refinements. I always fear buying any new engine or trannie that is new in a given rig, as makers of everything seem to let the users shake out the bugs for them.
Old 04-17-13, 10:48 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 8 speed tranny is one of my favorite things about this vehicle. Coming out of a turn or crossing the street and then wanting the power, I am seemingly always in the entry part of the power band and ready to rev high. I think the 6 speed shifts nicely, but it also hunts more than the 8 speed does which I also like not having to contend with.

I think the body style will remain the same for '14. Don't hold your breath.
Old 04-17-13, 10:57 AM
Dolphin
Pole Position

one never knows with cars, how each one is reacting... no two are ever identical. the one thing I love about 6 sped is NEVER any hunting...maybe mine is well tuned, maybe in past years this was more of problem, so not sure what u are basing that comment on.....
I had high hopes for the 8 speed...but when I saw the same 0-60 speeds, which surprised me, as u would think being in the sweet spot of the power band would have increased performance a small bit.... and then I drove one, I immediately wanted the 6spd. Its possible, some 8spds are better tuned than other ones, but I have read many others with the same experience I had on review sites and these forums.
Old 04-17-13, 12:16 PM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are each happy with what we have on our vehicles. And that's all you can ask for.
Old 04-17-13, 02:55 PM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

I have heard of the next RX350 will have the 3rd Row seats, which is plausible, since Lexus is coming out with a Smaller NX version of the SUV.

No, thank you. I love the RX350 the size it is now. Spacious Cargo space, and Spacious Passengers Space all around.

The one thing turned me away from the High Lander is it bigger, longer size, and 3rd row seats. I am sorry, but I wouldn't put a Neighbor Kid into that 3rd row Either

If I wanted a 3rd row so much, a Van would Serve me better.
Old 04-18-13, 05:57 AM
Dolphin
Pole Position

Just like the F Sport widened the market appeal for the RX, IMO, the 3rd row seat would increase the market appeal even further. Of course, the tried and proven RX size would prob. remain unchanged as its Lexus best seller. Many people would enjoy the few extra feet of cargo, vs. the added seat capacity. I had a LC for years, removed all but 3 seats in the entire rig (one seat remained behind passenger seat), it was amazing how well this configuration served me. I often wondered why the makers have not considered removable 3rd row seats, vs. lay-flat only. More options = more buyers.
An RX in Highlander size, is still FAR from a Van....

Quick Reply: 2014 Rx350 ?