RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Pay it Forward

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-13, 09:44 AM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Thumbs up Pay it Forward

Hello RX Forum members!

Over the years we’ve seen tremendous responses from our members helping each other out in every way imaginable. Whether it’s tech advice or helpful recommendations, you’ve demonstrated a great sense of community to one another.

Today the moderator team wants to continue the CL spirit with the launch of the 3rd gen RX "Pay It Forward" thread. The “Pay It Forward” thread is a perfect way for members to give back by offering items for free to other members.

If you have spare parts in the garage or closet that you’d be willing to give away, post them up here. Maybe it’s touch-up paint, an extra oil filter, floor mats - basically anything you no longer need that another RX member could use.

We just ask you to follow a few simple rules. No posting of parts you’re looking for. This thread is for giveaways only. The parts are free with the exception of reasonable shipping costs. If it's something you absolutely must sell, then please use the RX classified forum.

That’s it. Show your love of CL and PAY IT FORWARD. Post anything you don't need anymore but might be of use to one of our other members below in this thread to keep everything together. If you want to reply to someone and need to give personal information (for mailing) you should probably PM the poster.
The following users liked this post:
lemonowner (10-22-21)
Old 03-20-13, 10:01 AM
Cruiter

It's my hope that by this time next month I'll have been energized enough to 'Spring clean' my garage. Whatever I can find (RX related) that could be useful to someone else, I'll post it here.

In the meantime, who will be the 1st to post something??? There will be a reward in the form of a sincere Thank You from the recipient that will be worth more than money. And bragging rights for being 1st .
Old 04-18-13, 04:33 PM
SteveCraig
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This is a great idea.
It works very well over at www.v8buick.com.
Those old parts, however, are a little harder to come by.
Old 04-23-13, 09:29 PM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Now you come up with this. Just cleared house. Oh Well!!
Old 04-26-13, 04:59 AM
tlsmd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nothing yet
Old 06-05-13, 08:00 PM
Cruiter

Default Ideas

If you need ideas, check the Gen I and Gen II posts. They are making good use of this thread.
Old 10-08-13, 05:14 PM
dwlink
Driver

Default Free Standard Cabin Air Filter

I ordered a cabin air filter for my RX from rock auto last week and it arrived today, but wasn't as described. They are sending me a correct replacement and they don't need this one back so I figured I'd just give it away.

The filter I ordered was made by pronto (P/N PC5667C) and it should have had the active carbon inside. While I got a filter with the correct packaging and part number, it did not have the active carbon inside. Seems pronto had a mislabeled run of filters.

Anyways, if anyone wants a standard cabin air filter for free just let me know. I live about 25 minutes outside of Philly just west of the Media/Springfield exits off 476. I can ship it too at cost. Just let me know.

I believe this will also fit the ES models (as well as the 3rd gen RX's, of course).
Attached Thumbnails Pay it Forward-photo-2.jpg   Pay it Forward-photo-1.jpg  

Last edited by dwlink; 10-08-13 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-26-13, 12:34 PM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bumper guard...

gone.....

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android

Last edited by sweetboy02; 04-05-14 at 11:38 AM. Reason: add pic
Old 11-16-14, 08:19 PM
HubertNow
Driver School Candidate

I'd take the mud guards. Give me your paypal info so I could pay you the shipping. Thank You
Old 01-06-15, 09:59 AM
simark
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by raylor4
Working camera from 2011RX. Mounting flange has small crack. Will not affect camera function. It's left over from our tail-gate crunch into the garage door. Free shipping.
Ray A.

Hello, Happy New Year!
I am interested in the camera, as I smashed my Brother-in law's camera whilst loading skis into his car.
Is this camera still available?
Thank you. I will certainly reimburse you for your postage costs.

Stan Mark
41 Tullamore Drive
Toronto, Ontario
Canada M2L 2E9
Old 01-06-15, 05:06 PM
simark
Driver School Candidate

Thank you, Ray!
We didn't have a lot of snow, maybe 30cm base, but the there was powder on top: skiing was perfect.
Lexus cameras are no match for a pair of Kneissl skis. Have to keep that in mind next time I go skiing with him.

Stan
Old 01-06-15, 07:16 PM
Cruiter

Thumbs up Old cameras never die

Ray, that was a great value for Stan and the way this program works. I've a good feeling some others now will remember something they've got from a past Gen III RX they're willing to help someone else out with.

Leaving this up in hope others will read it.

Originally Posted by raylor4
The camera is on it's way to Stan.
Ray A.
Old 01-18-15, 08:19 AM
simark
Driver School Candidate

I received the camera from Raylor4. Thanks so much to you Ray and to everyone on this site who participates in this program.
What a classy bunch of people.

Stan
The following users liked this post:
Tony1065 (03-05-22)
Old 11-30-15, 11:54 AM
euroja153
Driver

Default Sold 3RX, giving away weathertech digital fit floor liners - Montreal only

We sold our car for a 2016 Subaru Outback. So I am giving away our weathertech floor liners in grey/black, we only have the front sections, not the rear. If anyone in Montreal wants them, PM me and I will give you my address.
Old 02-01-16, 02:10 PM
nammer
Driver School Candidate

Default Westin Side Steps

free side steps!!! my wife didn't like the way they stuck out, great condition, located at Clearwater, Florida 33762

sorry, i was mistaken, they are aries brand, not westin
Attached Thumbnails Pay it Forward-photo-1-1.jpg   Pay it Forward-photo-2-1.jpg  

Last edited by nammer; 02-01-16 at 02:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Pay it Forward