How much can you usually negotiate of CPO price? - Page 4 - Club Lexus Forums


How much can you usually negotiate of CPO price?

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-13, 06:02 AM   #46
JPJump
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 28
Default

I finally have the truck!! Whoever they used to get the scratches out did a fantastic job. The body is smooth and the paint matches perfectly. They also fixed another scratch that was in the vicinity of the Freddy Krueger scratches. That tiny scratch didn't bother me so I didn't make a big deal of it but they fixed it anyway.

To summarize my purchase/strategy:

** 2010 RX350 Starfire Pearl (grey interior), 34k miles, Premium Package, CPO, prestine interior. Car was listed for $32,995 at Prestige Lexus Ramsey, NJ.

** Negotiated the price down to $31.8K by presenting them a printout and service history of a comparable from Lexus of Whippany. I fabricated a few things by saying things like "I can call Whippany Lexus right now and they're willing to negotiate below $32k" (which they weren't but what do they know) and telling them that the residual value of the car coming off a 3 yr 36k lease => 59% of MSRP is $28.3k so you must have plenty of room.

** If anyone's looking to buy at Prestige right now, they have a 2010 Starfire Pearl with 26k miles listed at $33.4. Most they would go down on that one with me was $32.4 and not a penny more. I had a check in hand and they would not budge.

Perhaps there was more room to negotiate on my car but nevertheless, I'm extremely happy with the truck and that's all that matters. Thanks again for all the tips and encouragement.
JPJump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-13, 11:09 AM   #47
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!
 
kitlz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,316
Default

JPJump, I'm glad there was a happy ending. And you are correct, your happiness is more important than saving a few bucks. Enjoy your new RX.
kitlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-13, 07:36 PM   #48
ddhleigh
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Van BC
Posts: 345
Default

Just asked about a 2011 rx 450h cpo.
Asking $48,995
Dealer giving me a discount of $388.55.
Total out the door: $55,000

I guess Canada has a huge difference in supply and demand.
ddhleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-13, 01:34 PM   #49
RoverBoi88
Pole Position
 
RoverBoi88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: 太古香港;CA-Norcal
Posts: 242
Default

Just bought a 2010 rx350 fwd 27k miles at 33500. Asking was 34k, soooo 500 off on CPO... I guess its worth it. 3 yr coverage or up to 100k whichever first. Highly doubt ill hit 100k, but 3 years and still on manufacturers warranty is a lil peace of mind!
RoverBoi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-13, 06:47 PM   #50
Henry82
Driver School Candidate
 
Henry82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevn86 View Post
Yeah CPO's aren't worth it IMO. Big time rip off. Your better of buying a used RX from a local used car lot and then buying a extended warranty and you'll save money that way if your really worried about your used car and want a warranty after the initial 4 year 50k.
What if the car is already certified CPO?
Henry82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-13, 04:08 PM   #51
seanl
Pole Position
 
seanl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverBoi88 View Post
Just bought a 2010 rx350 fwd 27k miles at 33500. Asking was 34k, soooo 500 off on CPO... I guess its worth it. 3 yr coverage or up to 100k whichever first. Highly doubt ill hit 100k, but 3 years and still on manufacturers warranty is a lil peace of mind!
Similar price here here in NorCal, I just bought a 2010 RX350 w/ 27K miles CPO w/ AWD in my first color choice of dark grey w/ black interior for $33,600. I must have looked at 2 dozen RXs before finding the right one in 'excellent condition'. I think they were asking around $35K originally.

There are tons of 2010s for sale coming back off lease. I was fortunate to grab mine off the back lot right after it was traded in before it hit the front lot and before it was detailed so I could see how well it was cared for. The service history showed a pre-paid maintenance package, and it had a 30K service done a few months back and then the dealer did a 5K service whatever that is. If anything, it's been "overserviced" with a multitude of fluid changes.

Initially I was looking to spend in the $25K range and was looking at '09s, but the 2010 was a lot more car for not a ton more $.

Last edited by seanl; 07-20-13 at 04:12 PM.
seanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 10:42 AM   #52
vince22
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ca
Posts: 235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanl View Post
Similar price here here in NorCal, I just bought a 2010 RX350 w/ 27K miles CPO w/ AWD in my first color choice of dark grey w/ black interior for $33,600. I must have looked at 2 dozen RXs before finding the right one in 'excellent condition'. I think they were asking around $35K originally.

There are tons of 2010s for sale coming back off lease. I was fortunate to grab mine off the back lot right after it was traded in before it hit the front lot and before it was detailed so I could see how well it was cared for. The service history showed a pre-paid maintenance package, and it had a 30K service done a few months back and then the dealer did a 5K service whatever that is. If anything, it's been "overserviced" with a multitude of fluid changes.

Initially I was looking to spend in the $25K range and was looking at '09s, but the 2010 was a lot more car for not a ton more $.
Hi Sean,
which Northern Ca dealers did you purchased your RX350? Does it have NAV? what packages/options does it have? I've also purchased mine last week here in bayarea 2010 RX350 CPO but $900 more of what you paid for, my local dealers wont budge below 34K for 2010 CPO with NAV with less than 30k miles on it. I was wondering if I overpaid mine. thanks.
check my photos below.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-t...thread-34.html
vince22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 11:08 AM   #53
seanl
Pole Position
 
seanl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince22 View Post
Hi Sean,
which Northern Ca dealers did you purchased your RX350? Does it have NAV? what packages/options does it have? I've also purchased mine last week here in bayarea 2010 RX350 CPO but $900 more of what you paid for, my local dealers wont budge below 34K for 2010 CPO with NAV with less than 30k miles on it. I was wondering if I overpaid mine. thanks.
check my photos below.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-t...thread-34.html
I bought at Coliseum Lexus in Oakland. I got premium, navi, heated/cooled seats, trailer tow prep.
If you got the exact RX you wanted (like I did) then I'd say you did ok. Demand for used RXs is high in NorCal, and even auction prices are higher right now.
seanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 11:52 AM   #54
vince22
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ca
Posts: 235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanl View Post
I bought at Coliseum Lexus in Oakland. I got premium, navi, heated/cooled seats, trailer tow prep.
If you got the exact RX you wanted (like I did) then I'd say you did ok. Demand for used RXs is high in NorCal, and even auction prices are higher right now.
it took me a bit longer to find it coz i was only interested Japan built RX350, thanks Sean...
vince22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 12:04 PM   #55
PDCLexus
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: ca
Posts: 1
Default

Hey Vince - Congrats!
What dealer did you buy yours at and why the interest in Japan only?
PDCLexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 02:04 PM   #56
vince22
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ca
Posts: 235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDCLexus View Post
Hey Vince - Congrats!
What dealer did you buy yours at and why the interest in Japan only?
i got from Lexus of Pleasanton, I dont know if just me or bad luck but most of canada made i have seen in my area have loose corner end front bumper , it feels loose when you push it your fingers and sticking out. My RX350 stays on flush and sturdy, check photo below where the area i was talking about.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by vince22; 07-21-13 at 02:09 PM.
vince22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 03:50 PM   #57
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!
 
kitlz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,316
Default

Here is a thread on the loose front bumper. The dealer should have fixed them since there is a TSB on it.
kitlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 03:53 PM   #58
seanl
Pole Position
 
seanl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 348
Default

I'm sure that has probably been debated before, but other than the front bumper issue (which I believe has already been addressed on most '10s via the TSB) are there any significant differences between Canadian and Japanese built RXs?
seanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-13, 02:25 PM   #59
SilverSprt
Pole Position
 
SilverSprt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 336
Default

Hey Gang!

Just thought I'd share my experience & info.

I ended up picking up a 2010 RX350 FWD last weekend. Premium & Comfort Package, Nav, tow prep, roof rack, 19s, park assist, camera with less than 21k miles for 32.9K (CPO 3yr/100k warranty).
SilverSprt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-13, 04:50 PM   #60
KKloveIT
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 15
Default

Purchased my 2010 CPO RX 350 Touring Package from Jim Pattison Lexus on February 2013. Negotiated 1.2k off msrp
KKloveIT is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone from Portland on here??? Yohan84 Pacific 13 07-13-15 11:23 AM
Hello from new owner - 2000 LS400 9000revs LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) 3 01-28-15 06:25 PM
Phoenix Area Services Prices!! jakenbake Maintenance 2 01-15-15 02:00 PM
Phoenix area services prices!!! jakenbake RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) 0 12-11-14 04:27 PM
Can you tell which packages this RX has? carrwash13 RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) 4 03-25-13 07:11 AM


Tags
2012, 35k, car, cars, cpo, haggle, interest, lexus, negotiate, negotiated, negotiating, portland, price, rate, rx

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:01 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved