RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Thinking Of Servicing Lexus At Toyota Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-13, 08:53 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Golfjunky
Thanks to all for the feedback. I will take my RX to the Lexus dealer for the first two complimentary services. After that, I will check with the two local Toyota dealers to see if they do service on Lexus.
It is always a good idea if you can to talk to your new service folks in advance, in this case the Toyota shop, if possible before you come in for a service. Same when you are purchasing a new vehicle at a new dealership to you. I have never purchased a new car without having a discussion with a service writer or the service manager in advance of the sale to discuss policies, etc.

I also wanted to add that not all Toyota shops will work on Lexus vehicles. Rare, but it does happen. When I have heard of these cases it has usually been a situation where the dealerships (both Toyota and Lexus) are in close proximity to each other and owned by the same company.
Old 03-16-13, 12:23 AM
Golfjunky
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RX330inFL
It is always a good idea if you can to talk to your new service folks in advance, in this case the Toyota shop, if possible before you come in for a service. Same when you are purchasing a new vehicle at a new dealership to you. I have never purchased a new car without having a discussion with a service writer or the service manager in advance of the sale to discuss policies, etc.

I also wanted to add that not all Toyota shops will work on Lexus vehicles. Rare, but it does happen. When I have heard of these cases it has usually been a situation where the dealerships (both Toyota and Lexus) are in close proximity to each other and owned by the same company.

Thanks RX330inFL.
Old 03-16-13, 08:21 AM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BertL
...ah, a neighbor. Howdy! FWIW, Lexus Carlsbad, Toyota Carlsbad, and Lexus Escondido are all owned the same lady. I've been told that Toyota Carlsbad is the #3 largest dealer in the US when it comes to service. When you see their relatively new multi-story service facility on the west side of the 5, you'll know what I mean. My mom swears by her SA at Toyota -- he take FABULOUS care of her each and every time she calls him, finding discounts and being more than fair to her. I'm sold on my SA at Lexus, even without the discounts. Call me crazy, but if I owned a Toyota, I'd go to her SA as well, but prefer the piece of mind, great service, ability to mix in any little warranty items at the same time, "free" cappuccino, and new Lexus loaners when it comes to servicing my Lexus -- even though I pay more than others every year on my annual maintenance jaunt to the dealer.
Totally agree with you the loaner and everything to eat is nice...
Old 03-16-13, 09:19 AM
GoGiantsNJ
Pole Position

My Toyota Dealer has donuts ,Starbucks Coffee, and gives a free car wash with any service. They Don' give free loaners. They do have a shuttle to take you home ,and pick you up to get your car when it's done. I will probably use Toyota for service after the freebies one year Lexus service.
Old 03-16-13, 02:30 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by GoGiantsNJ
My Toyota Dealer has donuts ,Starbucks Coffee, and gives a free car wash with any service. They Don' give free loaners. They do have a shuttle to take you home ,and pick you up to get your car when it's done. I will probably use Toyota for service after the freebies one year Lexus service.
And for many that is all we ask for as a customer. Tack on the Express Lube Service and you are set with the exception of recalls and Lexus specific problems.
Old 03-16-13, 10:23 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

Have any of yall noticed that even if u get ur services done at Toyota they some how are able to send that data over the the Lexus drivers webiste and it shows up on my service history when I click on it. I find that to be awesome! No need to keep all those papers for services completed by a Toyota dealership anymore.
Old 03-17-13, 04:40 AM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Same for me.
Originally Posted by Sevn86
Have any of yall noticed that even if u get ur services done at Toyota they some how are able to send that data over the the Lexus drivers webiste and it shows up on my service history when I click on it. I find that to be awesome! No need to keep all those papers for services completed by a Toyota dealership anymore.
Old 03-17-13, 06:38 PM
RX3302004
Pole Position

I've been happy with my Toyota dealer on previous Toyota products. This is my first Lexus but I plan on taking it to the same Toyota dealer as it's out of warranty.
Old 03-18-13, 12:03 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

All of my oil changes and timing belt changes have been through a Toyota dealer, never a problem and their waiting area is just as nice as a Lexus dealer. Oil change is $35.00, however the car is not washed.
Old 03-18-13, 12:06 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiter
They did my mandatory brake flush, and there haven't been any issues. All I remember about the price was it was about 1/2 of the Lexus store quote.
I was quoted $133 for a brake flush + tax. Takes 45 minutes with an appointment at Bellevue, WA Toyota.